Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

14 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

If you were an insider and heard Blue Banisters (the song) ahead of time, how would you describe it to others? Like what existing Lana song is most similar to it

BoZ said Yosemite & I Don’t Wanna Go. Maybe rhythmically similar in Yosemite but not sonically I feel

I probably would have said Love Song cause it’s simple and there’s no big build up or anything. It’s got the piano and the swirly texture reminiscent of the synth BB has. I bet if I said “it reminds me of Love Song” people woulda been so turned off based on the amount of hate it gets hahah :eek2:

1 minute ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

I probably would have said Love Song cause it’s simple and there’s no big build up or anything. I bet if I said “it reminds me of Love Song” people woulda been so turned off based on the amount of hate it gets hahah :eek2:

You're absolutely right omg.. she needs to stop with the songs that go nowhere, like with no buildup or climax. like WW was only good because of the production on the last minute, if she released a stripped back version it would be so boring i would zzzz out of there

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

25 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

Her whole discography, minus the three singles, have all been upgraded to lossless on AM, so the new album better be!

The funny thing about apple music doing this is that Bluetooth doesnt support lossless and there isnt a headphone jack anymore, so it was almost pointless. Most of those who have done away with headphones and moved onto air pods, as they were alluded to being obsolete, will not even be able to utilize this feature.

I honestly have to agree with the complaints about Wildflower Wildfire. It has some really strong lyrics, probably the strongest of the bunch in terms of that, but it would have been super dull without that production choice at the end. The other two get better and better :wub:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

35 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

The funny thing about apple music doing this is that Bluetooth doesnt support lossless and there isnt a headphone jack anymore, so it was almost pointless. Most of those who have done away with headphones and moved onto air pods, as they were alluded to being obsolete, will not even be able to utilize this feature.

it’s a stupid ass decision (as always with apple) but at least it still works on the phone speakers (which kinda does make the whole lossless thing even more redundant as you say). we therefor come to the conclusion that dolby atmos is the only useful feature out of the 2 since it separates all the instruments and layers of a song. aka perfect for lanzi’s (used to be :bebe:) layer rich songs. so i’m asking again: WHO DO WE NEED TO HARASS TO HAVE LANA’S ALBUMS IN DOLBY?? :crying2:

56 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

apple earpods with lightning (or lightning to jack adapter) is the best solution to play those 24bit masters but it also limited to 24-48; 3.5 jack is limited to 16-44.

I'm confused about this whole dolby atmos thing. I downloaded a couple of pop hits and Chromatica with this Dolby update, and I listened to it with my (to my knowledge) pretty good headphones but I only perceived small differences. While others online act like it completely changes the listening experience. So I don't know :tsk:.

12 minutes ago, Creyk said:

I'm confused about this whole dolby atmos thing. I downloaded a couple of pop hits and Chromatica with this Dolby update, and I listened to it with my (to my knowledge) pretty good headphones but I only perceived small differences. While others online act like it completely changes the listening experience. So I don't know :tsk:.

it just makes the music, vocals & instrumentals sound like it's "spacial" rather than just panned left or right like stereo, like, the instruments feel like they're moving up & down or they're moving around your head 

WGe8ynS.gif

17 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Sound people are weird asf sometimes. Especially people super into vinyl. The amount of extra upkeep they do and elitism they practice can be so annoying.

Like wow bro you didnt/couldnt throw down $1000 on a sound set up to hear your records with no crackle? You must not really care about music...

in regards to dolby atmos, it basically gives all the sounds that make up a song more room to be heard. Like someone above said, it uses the space inbetween left right and center to make it sound more like its being played irl, or more fleshed out. 

This ultraviolence anniversary with Neil posting behind the scenes and love for it has just ignited my neeeed for another Neil Krug shot with ultraviolence and honeymoon level of perfection for Blue Banisters, no one else can shoot her like he does FUCK 

WHERE IS SHE

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

in all seriousness i don't know how i feel about dolby atmos, it's probably just a cool new way of experiencing music, but i'm perfectly fine with regular "stereo" mixing & production, and my apple earbuds :oopna:

WGe8ynS.gif

11 minutes ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

This ultraviolence anniversary with Neil posting behind the scenes and love for it has just ignited my neeeed for another Neil Krug shot with ultraviolence and honeymoon level of perfection for Blue Banisters, no one else can shoot her like he does FUCK 

WHERE IS SHE

Yo soy la princesa comprende mis white lines

DaringAdventurousKob-max-1mb.gif

6 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Neil's Chemtrails shoot was horrendous idk why y'all want him back.

it was still less horrendous than anything else that era….you want another chuck/charlie ? cause it’s either neil or nikki who’s shooting the next shoot :stareney:

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

it was still less horrendous than anything else that era….you want another chuck/charlie ? cause it’s either neil or nikki who’s shooting the next shoot :stareney:

Chuck's covers kind of serve though. HM, Lust for Life, NFR... 

4 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Chuck's covers kind of serve though. HM, Lust for Life, NFR... 

only nfr tbh. lust for life looks so fake and the white border was a choice (a bad one, makes it look like an insta pic) and hm should’ve been the one with lana holding the los angeles while standing in front of a palm tree and not the over saturated one we got but yeah any of them still eat whatever cocc was supppsed to be UP…the bar can’t go any lower right?  :awkney: