Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

29 minutes ago, TerrenceLovesHoneymoon said:

Will we get a new version of this when Blue Banisters is out?

Z7WQboB.gif

this but with lana’s head if we don’t get anything in july :sass:

8 hours ago, Chorli Xbox said:

Personally I think Dolby Atmos Spatial Audio thingy sounds really shitty and poorly mixed with some kind of augmented surround sound feeling to it. It feels gimmicky and the original masters are far better and higher quality. I don’t think anyone that's really serious into audio likes it tbh, its more of a cool "consumer" feature. But maybe it'll get better with time. I haven't found any Lana song that sounds better or at least as good as the original mixes.

Lossless audio too is useless for people listening via bluetooth like AirPods. But for people that listen via professional equipment its quite a change and I love it!

I don't think there are any Lana songs that support spatial audio though. The only thing I could find was Stargirl Interlude

17 minutes ago, Idol Of Roses said:

I don't think there are any Lana songs that support spatial audio though. The only thing I could find was Stargirl Interlude

I think they might have confused spatial audio with lossless audio.

Maybe DCMA has spatial audio?

This will probably be incoherent as fuck but I'm bored in bed after lots of painkillers, so

We've had a few weeks to digest these three singles now, and I think the reason why I can't get on board is because they don't bring anything new to the table for the listener. I understand that these are about things she obviously wanted to get off her chest, but if I were a new listener I don't think I'd find them the least bit interesting because sonically they don't go anywhere and the lyrics are only interesting because we are stans and we have some context for what she's singing about.

Maybe I'm wrong af but I can't imagine someone who's new to Lana listening to these and being captivated by them. As a stan I can't see that they add anything new or original to her discography iykwim. Idk who the audience is supposed to be and I'm still confused as to what her reason for releasing these was, especially with the lack of promotion. It's like she has all of these wonderful unreleased songs (well, I THINK some of them are wonderful ... maybe one day we'll find out) but she leaves all of those on her laptop and gives us these, which are really glorified diary entries.

I'm not trying to sound mean or anything I just don't get it I guess? I can't imagine her ever singing these live because they're so personal and they feel like a once-of thing rather than something she'd revisit. Considering she pretends that Honeymoon doesn't exist I just cannot see her wanting to perform a song about her father's wife abusing her and ending up in the hospital on lithium, but maybe she'll surprise us

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

19 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

This will probably be incoherent as fuck but I'm bored in bed after lots of painkillers, so

We've had a few weeks to digest these three singles now, and I think the reason why I can't get on board is because they don't bring anything new to the table for the listener. I understand that these are about things she obviously wanted to get off her chest, but if I were a new listener I don't think I'd find them the least bit interesting because sonically they don't go anywhere and the lyrics are only interesting because we are stans and we have some context for what she's singing about.

Maybe I'm wrong af but I can't imagine someone who's new to Lana listening to these and being captivated by them. As a stan I can't see that they add anything new or original to her discography iykwim. Idk who the audience is supposed to be and I'm still confused as to what her reason for releasing these was, especially with the lack of promotion. It's like she has all of these wonderful unreleased songs (well, I THINK some of them are wonderful ... maybe one day we'll find out) but she leaves all of those on her laptop and gives us these, which are really glorified diary entries.

I'm not trying to sound mean or anything I just don't get it I guess? I can't imagine her ever singing these live because they're so personal and they feel like a once-of thing rather than something she'd revisit. Considering she pretends that Honeymoon doesn't exist I just cannot see her wanting to perform a song about her father's wife abusing her and ending up in the hospital on lithium, but maybe she'll surprise us

I think CoCC is the real problem here. Those three songs perfectly make sense as an afterthought to NFR and VBBOTG, but CoCC just took out the connection/momentum

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

3 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

Help I had a dream in which she dropped the album, it had a red cover, 20 songs and the first one was 15 minutes long

i just had a dream that she dropped preorder:wat: and the song titles were weird

7 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I think CoCC is the real problem here. Those three songs perfectly make sense as an afterthought to NFR and VBBOTG, but CoCC just took out the connection/momentum

Yes if I were going to place them somewhere then I'd say they would work best as an epilogue for VBBOTG

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

12 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

she needs to scrap this whole thing and take a break and finally find an inspiration

this will either be a "omg the new album is amazing we were so dumb to wish it away" or another "well..disappointing" moment…. but seeing as things are going since the end of nfr….WELL :bebe:

57 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

THIS! like if i didn’t know lana or only knew what her stans are saying about her and i listened to these songs i’d be like wtf she seems overrated… there’s nothing, as you say, new about it. sure the production’s cute and the lyrics are really good but nothing new… we already have deep piano ballads (A LOT of them), we already have something like text book and it’s get free, we already have something (10 times better) than ww and that’s heroin. lyrically well… except if you’re a real stan and know everything about her who tf else knows who nikki, chuck, jack etc are ? no local knows about her relationship with patty, no one, and i mean NO ONE wants to hear that cringe blm line… so there’s this big problem of connecting with the lyrics which can be off putting for some. except if you have a nikki or jen in your life you won’t really connect to the lyrics as much as you would with something more general like her old songs. so this really doesn’t help attract new fans. on that note i’m still really hopeful that the rest of the album will be pretty different :typewriter: i wasn’t really hyped about lfl because i found love to be cliché yet in the end it had some of her best songs. i wasn’t that excited about nfr at first yet it also has some of her best songs (which i wasn’t expecting based on the boring snippets she posted at first) so hopefully this will be the same situation…and if not i’m writing hate mail to ben, jack and nikki :sass:

i like the BLM line, and there's nothing wrong with it. it makes sense in the context of the song, as it epitomises the personal and generational distance established between her and her father. it is sung sweetly over a beautiful melody and instrumental.

of all the race-related things she could've come up with, given the fact that this was supposed to be a revenge album defending her position in question for the culture, she just offered a line in which she says black lives matter. it shows that what she considers to be excesses in 'wokism' do not prevent her from supporting the cause - here, the furtherance of Black people's rights. this is a controversial opinion in America, this has probably got her cancelled among many Republicans. and this line goes to show that despite her clumsy comments, she is on the good side of this fight. i honestly don't understand why on earth it would be cringeworthy. and as another member pointed out a few weeks ago, this song is going to get thousands of people to sing black lives matter, and this is powerful, and this is helpful.

8 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

Joanna Newsom Ys vibes, honestly I’d love to see it 

She needs to come through with her Only Skin moment

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Honestly this has gotten me so bored to the point where I'm halfway through making my own album on Garageband :derpna:

Spoiler

yes I'm serious :derpna:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven