Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

48 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

text book / blue bannisters / wildflower wildifer kinda fell off ngl :/ 

Not really, you're just bored

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

44 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

I’ve been mia basically all of June cuz school killed me, have I missed anything?? 

Just the casual jack hategate, complains about the piano flops, complains about Lana's random dates... Nothing new

20 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

do u think Lana thinks of her work like her children? or like her sisters? 

she definitely sees honeymoon as the ugly aunt with the beard stubbles you absolutely wanna avoid at thanksgiving yes 

4 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

she definitely sees honeymoon as the ugly aunt with the beard stubbles you absolutely wanna avoid at thanksgiving yes 

yeah it shows and it fucking hurts

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

23 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

I don't understand this. At the time, she said that Honeymoon was a vanity project, so in my logic, should be her favorite album. Especially because it's her best. But in reality, she doesn't even acknowledge the record. 

Is it so private that she wants to keep it for herself or she just hates it?

Spoiler

I wonder if the reason of her not acknowledging HM is due to the bad sales compared with her other records. That would be sad

1 hour ago, BluebirdXO said:

I don't understand this. At the time, she said that Honeymoon was a vanity project, so in my logic, should be her favorite album. Especially because it's her best. But in reality, she doesn't even acknowledge the record. 

Hide contents

I wonder if the reason of her not acknowledging HM is due to the bad sales compared with her other records. That would be sad

Yes, especially because it's just so full and rich, cinematically sweeping and manages to straddle both being an homage to old school jazz, and an up to date sound that manages to come across as timeless. Yes it's a bit clunky insofar as some of the songs aren't really right for the album (Shades Of Cool would have worked beautifully on it, 13 Beaches Should Have Been On It, Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood is a weird and sort of dull cover, Swan Song should have been the closer) but it's a stunningly beautiful album that totally surprised me when it came out and made me realise just what a capacity for genre-adopting/twisting Lana had as a songwriter, as well as singing even more ethereally than I already knew. It's one of my favourites and I love to languish about listening to it in summer especially. 

1 hour ago, BluebirdXO said:

Reveal hidden contents

i was always under the impression that it was just very personal, so it's hard to talk about? it would make sense, i could see god knows i tried, religion, the blackest day, and swan song being quite personal, although it would be very disappointing if she didn't like it, it really is a splendid album :aw: 

WGe8ynS.gif

2 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

The fact that we still don't have the preorder is worrying but I'm still hopeful :bebe:. Maybe on her birthday for a July 16/23rd release? :brows:

PD: not Banks ripping off the Chemtrails MV for her next single yikes :eek3:

not banks doing it better tbh :lolliney:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I think something that's going to be interesting is seeing how the flow of the tracklist is/the cohesiveness of the album itself. The three singles all sound somewhat different from one another, but could very well be landmark points on a longer tracklist  (manifesting 14-16 songs, but realistically it'll probably be 12 at the most)

imageproxy.jpg

17 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Ben is becoming annoying with the Dua spam..

Well if one of my clients was one of the biggest pop girls in the world.. I’d probably spam abt her too :D