Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

8 minutes ago, Style said:

lanaboards does not give me hope when it comes to lana releases 

everyone is so used to pushbacks and cancellations nobody gets excited for anything unless we actually have it :sadcore3:

You just became my 3rd favorite user just because of your username

Style is my 2nd favorite Taylor song and I have to respect anyone who honors it ❤

Lana likes releasing songs which she liked the most or she recorded recently. And she likes putting them at the beginning of the tracklist. But all three songs gives me 'more forward to last tracks on tracklist' vibes, especially BB which could be last track.

14 minutes ago, Style said:

lanaboards does not give me hope when it comes to lana releases 

everyone is so used to pushbacks and cancellations nobody gets excited for anything unless we actually have it :sadcore3:

We pretend that we’re not hurt and go about the world like we‘re havin' fun :cryney2:

1 minute ago, not all who wander r lost said:

Blue Banisters feels like an opener to me tbh 

Same. It would be weird if it weren't in the beginning, since it's so close thematically to COCC. Who knows though

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

4 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

Same. It would be weird if it weren't in the beginning, since it's so close thematically to COCC. Who knows though

The song itself would be such a beautiful start to the album - it's her starting the healing process and it just feels natural :wub:

4 minutes ago, not all who wander r lost said:

The song itself would be such a beautiful start to the album - it's her starting the healing process and it just feels natural :wub:

blue banisters should be the opening track if she's following her title track pattern, chemtrails was track two, so blue banisters should be track one! :smile: 

WGe8ynS.gif

25 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

You just became my 3rd favorite user just because of your username

Style is my 2nd favorite Taylor song and I have to respect anyone who honors it ❤

what can i do to become your 1st? :illuminataylor:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

2 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

Because we're just highly emotional people 

With bonus points, if you still in quarantine and have nothing else to do besides Zoom meetings

Cause we're just beautiful people with beautiful problems

Here's the deal... I think everyone should focus on the stories she's telling in these songs. I know a lot of you aren't fond of the direction she's going with this record but it's just surreal that she's sharing her story with us this way - and evidently a lot of people resonate with the narratives too. Whether it's healing from a man who promised her a life, looking for someone to fill the void of her father, or her promising to never turn into a natural disaster, these are just huge topics (and some of many discussed in those songs) within themselves that aren't really discussed in most music today except maybe Blue Banisters but the way she portrayed the story in that song was so beautiful. I personally relate with the singles and they released at a time I needed stories like the ones she told to help me through the shit blunder I was going through - and seeing your favorite artist do something like that is just so cool and I'll forever thank her for that. I just have a feeling that this album could blow NFR! (which I regard as The greatest :hooker: album of all time) out of the water if she continues with this direction and don't worry - if it's something that Lana proves time and time again she always comes through we WILL get that synth masterpiece on LDR8 ladies and enbies! Though for now I just hope this album releases I highkey want it to blow Chemtrails away as the superior record this year even though I adore that record. I also wanna add that releasing a lowkey album like Chemtrails is a smart decision from her because after a career high (NFR!) - if you just keep going higher the fall won't be as great. Thanks for reading. :$

1 hour ago, not all who wander r lost said:

Blue Banisters feels like an opener to me tbh 

Someoen’s prob already said this but I can’t keep track of the fan theories, but anyway what if Blue Banisters was a “leaving Oklahoma and romanticizing about returning to California” kind of record? Now that Se*n is out of the picture and she (presumably) has Clay, the album thematically deals with making amends with California. The album would start with BB and her picking up the pieces - hence the opener. Her friends and her life are there and she can’t realistically leave them for a Midwest fantasy. In part, she’s thankful her friends are there but from another perspective she’s mad because she has to keep dealing with fame and the critics - hence the angrier tracks. Just some afternoon thots :ma: 

11 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Someoen’s prob already said this but I can’t keep track of the fan theories, but anyway what if Blue Banisters was a “leaving Oklahoma and romanticizing about returning to California” kind of record?

I wouldn't say romanticizing but more of her going back to the way she was. The lyrics on BB detail that she did all those things - her being on a John Deere and being in Oklahoma - because she either lost herself loving him or just wanted to feel closer to him. She was ready to leave LA with him on LMLYLAW and it really seemed like she loved that dude. So yeah it's even evident in BB itself, this album is about her finding herself again.

i'm still very much in love w the songs and the stories that they share and their overall styles (like damn would u guys be ready for a rhythmn n blues Lana bc I for fucking sure am can u imagine how that'd get complimented w the heat rn) the issue for me is that the songs do share stories n I want to know more about them. so the silence is just blegh rn. 

UV/Honeymoon

I love how a bunch of delusionals were saying "maybe Lana's revenge will be her going full production and pop and topping charts" but then we get her being even more reserved and releasing some of her slowest ballads ever (I love the new 3 songs but they're definitely more stripped back) lol

:godlaugh: :hype:

Hello guys, I have been absent because a few days ago it was my birthday and I wanted to spend that day away from all social networks and also because Lana has not done much about what we can discuss or speculate lol, yesterday it occurred to me that maybe BB will be launched like the singles, without promotion or any specific announcement about the release date. (although we know it supposedly comes out in July)

Did Lana forget about TB and WW?:hdu: I went to her page and It only shows BB

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey