Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

11 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I think what annoys me so much about Lana doing folk is just, she's so much bigger than folk. Her capability is huge and she take her voice in so many different directions. With folk i just feel like she's wasting her potential. She sounds great doing it, but i find it too minimal for her. I often have this urge to wanna hear her scream on a song again, or use her voice in a really quirky and funny way again, like she did in the Lizzy and BTD days. If u think about it she hasn't really used her voice to play a character since Ultraviolence! I want her to moan and scream and sound desperate. I don't want to hear her sing softly on another full record.

Not when AKA, BTD and UV are literally right there, wearing crowns in her discography. 

Rock Candy Sweet needs to be rock, it neeeeeeds to be!

looks like you're campaigning for best and worst taste again :mariah: :gurl:

i wholeheartedly agree, cocc is beautiful but i sort of feel like she has more to give. in the mojo interview, i remember she said something like "i feel something brewing for the first time in a long time". hopefully that'll make RCS wonderfully quirky, interesting, intense, and full

sUcVobB.png

2 hours ago, Lustrouslines said:

NFR and COCC are definitely career highlights but if one more album is Jack produced I know for sure we would all be asleep by that point.

100% this! No more of that minimalism in a row, please. I hope to hear some powerful production again, a sonically bold slapppp for the next album.

14 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I think what annoys me so much about Lana doing folk is just, she's so much bigger than folk. Her capability is huge and she take her voice in so many different directions. With folk i just feel like she's wasting her potential. She sounds great doing it, but i find it too minimal for her. I often have this urge to wanna hear her scream on a song again, or use her voice in a really quirky and funny way again, like she did in the Lizzy and BTD days. If u think about it she hasn't really used her voice to play a character since Ultraviolence! I want her to moan and scream and sound desperate. I don't want to hear her sing softly on another full record.

Not when AKA, BTD and UV are literally right there, wearing crowns in her discography. 

Rock Candy Sweet needs to be rock, it neeeeeeds to be!

Gonna sing it like a bible hymn. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, ItsaWhale89 said:

You really went and clicked that submit button 17 times

Committed to the cause

wait does it tell u the same person is clicking it? :oprah2::bebe:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Us on june 1st when we'll finally press play on the RCS opening track anticipating an alt-rock progressive psychedelic song with drums and percussions and suddenly Nikki Lane starts croaking on a twangy banjo

Shabby-Abandoned-Bilby-max-1mb.gifShabby-Abandoned-Bilby-max-1mb.gifShabby-Abandoned-Bilby-max-1mb.gif

Spoiler

I love BUS tho :mj:

Lanarat.png

2 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

Us on june 1st when we'll finally press play on the RCS opening track anticipating an alt-rock progressive psychedelic song with drums and percussions and suddenly Nikki Lane starts croaking on a twangy banjo

Shabby-Abandoned-Bilby-max-1mb.gifShabby-Abandoned-Bilby-max-1mb.gifShabby-Abandoned-Bilby-max-1mb.gif

the fact that this is exactly what's gonna happen, except in 2022 though :rip:

2 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

UNMANIFEST THIS ATROCITY:icant: 

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

“you better put some respect on queen Nikki Lane’s name!” :oprah3: I love her :trisha:

well... i suppose someone has to 

mbK53xg.gif

For most of my life my genre of preference has been alternative pop-rock with some random things mixed in there too of course haha BUT I somehow completely fell in love with songs like Summer Bummer from her - one of the genres I just absolutely adore with a voice like Lana's and her lyrics. Makes me feel like such a baddieeee. I'd love anything "loud" from her again whether it's rock, hip hop, psychedelic, trap - just hit me with it. Of course, not everyone will be super happy with whatever she comes out with next. But... since the last two albums were rather minimal, folky and ballad based, I think it's about time for things to get lit again, no? :creep:

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

As a wise @ShadesOfFool once said, “you better put some respect on queen Nikki Lane’s name!” :oprah3: I love her :trisha:

I actually enjoyed BUS and Miss Lane is serving on all the COCC pics.

Spoiler

But she has done her job an can leave now :makeup2:

19 minutes ago, Venice said:

100% this! No more of that minimalism in a row, please. I hope to hear some powerful production again, a sonically bold slapppp for the next album.

A change of sound would be good,

Personally, i miss the gangsta nancy sinatra and big over the top songs like blue jeans. (Even tho i love nfr to death)

something more upbeat and fun would be great. Like sweet serial killer. But i think lana has no interest in making this kinda music

Just now, COCC said:

I actually enjoyed BUS and Miss Lane is serving on all the COCC pics.

Reveal hidden contents

But she has done her job an can leave now :makeup2:

She is serving in all the pics! I love her outfit, those knee-high boots are :lanahairflip:

2 minutes ago, Venice said:

For most of my life my genre of preference has been alternative pop-rock with some random things mixed in there too of course haha BUT I somehow completely fell in love with songs like Summer Bummer from her - one of the genres I just absolutely adore with a voice like Lana's and her lyrics. Makes me feel like such a baddieeee. I'd love anything "loud" from her again whether it's rock, hip hop, psychedelic, trap - just hit me with it. Of course, not everyone will be super happy with whatever she comes out with next. But... since the last two albums were rather minimal, folky and ballad based, I think it's about time for things to get lit again, no? :creep:

100%. 

We want the badass lana back!