Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, evalionisameme said:

I loved this soul/jazz vibe, I was so disappointed when the covers album got cancelled.

same. I'm wondering if she'll choose some tracks to use for any of her future projects, if she went farther along the process of deliberating tracks etc that is

5 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

all i want is a psychedelic rock album

giphy.gif

that'd be too powerful. that's like a tool in her music arsenal, that'd be too potent. she needs to pace it. like she does w her bops 

UV/Honeymoon

some of you guys would really rather have a tri hip hop album over a rock album... the thought of still not having unidentified flying bill in their libraries is driving them crazy. someone leak it to restore lanaboards’ sanity

2 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

some of you guys would really rather have a tri hip hop album over a rock album... the thought of still not having unidentified flying bill in their libraries is driving them crazy. someone leak it to restore lanaboards’ sanity

u expect j*ck to make a rock album? the bar is on the floor, the best thing he can do rn is hip hop:oprah3:

What we need is a Matrix-esque concept with post apocalyptic dark trip-hop beats with a gothic atmospheric ethereal abandoned church aura. Latex, eyeliner, high heeled boots. Black/neon green/cherry red bisexual lighting. Late 90's/Y2K. Album tagline reads: 'PLUG IN / DON'T DRAIN YOUR JUICE'. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5662740  

tenor.gif?itemid=19667030

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

5 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

u expect j*ck to make a rock album? the bar is on the floor, the best thing he can do rn is hip hop:oprah3:

if jack can make dedicated side b, nfr, 1989, melodrama, and magdalene then he can certainly make a rock album cause he’s just so versatile what’s not clicking

tenor.gif?itemid=14596079

Now that I've mentioned it, I really am starting to think the vibe of this album will be country glam (even though I want a psychedelic rock album)

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, cinnamongirI said:

if jack can make dedicated side b, nfr, 1989, melodrama, and magdalene then he can certainly make a rock album cause he’s just so versatile what’s not clicking

yeaaaah no:oprah3: on almost all of those albums, he was just a coproducer with only few tracks on his own. With lana, its always only him. And its a snoozefest cuz he tries to play everything by himself and fails.

9 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

:et: I won't say anything, because I already gave my opinion on Jack's work :emma:

5 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

how did i not know jack produced gaslighter.... anyways this has SOME sort of energy to it :delicious: 

he's capable of making some sort of upbeat country thing idk i don't know what to feel anymore i barely listen to this album but i feel like finding jack at every turn is a betrayal

Hide contents

The sound from the first song sounds so much like Hannah Montana :oprah2:

12yrs old me would be boping

This Jack hate has been going on for over 50 pages, aren’t ya’ll bored of hating yet :wtf3: :yawn:

im not concerned about how RCS is going to sound based on what she’s doing right now because if the album is done, these songs are already done

this is probably a closer reflection on how the second album/cover album/Nikki album is going to sound rather than RCS

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, Umaniac said:

I just want another successful era. Cocc literally dropped #38 points on b200...

Wanted to reply that this happened with all her albums but I just checked it and all of them stayed in the top 10 in the second week (HM in the top 20). So you are right I guess :noparty: Maybe because she sold so many Vinyls no one ist streaming it idk

1 hour ago, Contemplating God said:

I used to get so mad at the melodramatics in this thread, but now I laugh :eartha:

I hope she continues stripping down her sound. Maybe add some jazz in there. 

and some country here and there and a little sprinkle of folk. LB if she does that:

giphy.gif

51 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

If jack is the producer, then we need a trap hip hop album. Hes a mainstream pop producer after all:nails: give us the hype music

with some boom like that vibes :ma:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

So COCC's been released for quite a while now and yeah, I think this is the first Lana album that I haven't obsessively listened to after its release other than WD, DTWD, TJF :(personally no a big fan of this contemporary folk/country direction (which btw, I would barely consider NFR folk outside Bartender and maybe MAC). I think partly this is because I was expecting something alt-country like Mazzy Star or even Cowboy Junkies. I certainly don't think this is completely Jack's fault though, I think a lot of these production/genre choices are Lana's as well. Judging from her concerts in Texas and touring around with Nikki Lane I think her sound is just gonna delve more into country which I'm not too excited about but it's what I'm expecting at this point for RCS 

sgopYhV.gif

38 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

What we need is a Matrix-esque concept with post apocalyptic dark trip-hop beats with a gothic atmospheric ethereal abandoned church aura. Latex, eyeliner, high heeled boots. Black/neon green/cherry red bisexual lighting. Late 90's/Y2K. Album tagline reads: 'PLUG IN / DON'T DRAIN YOUR JUICE'. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5662740  

tenor.gif?itemid=19667030

hell YEAH mentioned this before on the COCC pre pre release before we got country(?) the craziness that thread was The-Matrix-Revolutions.jpg

UV/Honeymoon

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

In my eyes her entire career shifted after honeymoon was released(her last “Lana” album to me), she was caught in the motions with political events, had tons of scrapped album ideas which reflected the final cut of lust for life with lots of filler being present and to top it all off it was very incohesive which subjectively to me made it her worst album.

NFR was then released as which continued to stray even further from Lana as a character with her writing becoming incredibly vague itself and had a very different lyrical style to prior releases with it being very safe in songwriting and production-I would say this was a critics wet dream, it doesn’t particularly innovate or offend and has lots of piano ballads with it completely demolishing any cinematic feel. I also find the consensus critic feedback for this album incredibly sexist-a woman is only deemed good when she strips herself back from glamour or uses a piano and a simple melody(most of the critics stated she behaved as an actual human being on this album).

If I’m being honest I feel from what we’ve learned of Lana over the years she craves the liking of others and is a people pleaser no matter much how she denies it, she will continue to make records like NFR and CoCC as long as she is heaped with praise -she’s stated her misgivings with aspects of Cocc but can’t make her mind up but as long as the feedback hails her as a genius she will continue to play it safe.

I don’t believe any of this is Jacks fault but he is a yes man and will not push Lana outside of her comfort zone.

she ironically displays some of what she protests about in some ways-Narcissistic values as displayed when she gets irritate with the tiniest amount of critique.

She is a sweet person but also stuck inside a perception of herself.   

TRANSLATION:

I HATE IT WHEN MY FAVORITE ARTIST EVOLVE AND IMPROVE  MUSICALLY AND PERSONALLY!

I WANT MY FAVORITE ARTIST TO BE STUCK MUSICALLY AND PERSONNALLY. SOUNDING THE SAME ALL THE TIME, RECREATING MY FAVORITE TUNES!

Fixed.

2 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Fixed.

thats literally what u do with Jack. Stfu already. Somehow only her work with jack sounds basically the same so whos the one that doesnt want her to "evolve"?

Not me being excited because this thread was Hot and had like 20 new pages only to see them all discussing Jack... I'm indifferent towards his work but he really causes all the issues on LB lol