Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

This Jacktastrophe is starting to get tiring, especially as someone who's never been too concerned with who's producing the album. I think I need a bubble bath and a face mask :yawn:

imageproxy.jpg

''Enough of Jack Antonoff! Tired of this same old shit''

''Also, can we get Rick Nowels back to recreate my favorite Honeymoon song?''

Signed, 

the average LanaBoards user

at the end of the day, whether you like jack and you don't mind if she's working with him... or maybe you don't like jack and you'd rather see lana work with a different producer... let's just keep it civil & respectful... seeing the negativity and bickering all of the time is tiring... i'm just interested in the music... :crey:

WGe8ynS.gif

As the last time today I will speak on Jack or NFR- no one is asking for her to repeat producers really, we want her to continue with her writing uncompromised  and to express how she feels.

she stated aspects of Cocc would have this about her media treatment and return to themes but all we got was insta thots and polka dots.

2 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

''Enough of Jack Antonoff! Tired of this same old shit''

''Also, can we get Rick Nowels back to recreate my favorite Honeymoon song?''

Signed, 

the average LanaBoards user

You know he’s not going to fuck you, right? There’s no need for licking his ass that hard

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

I think COCC was the album her label knew would be hard to make commercially successful but the trade off is that they will give suggestions on RCS to make it more popular. Kind of like adding Doin’ Time or Lust for Life with The Weeknd 

3 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

I think COCC was the album her label knew would be hard to make commercially successful but the trade off is that they will give suggestions on RCS to make it more popular. Kind of like adding Doin’ Time or Lust for Life with The Weeknd 

if so they can keep it!!

Doin’ time is my favorite cover, but had no place being on NFR 

and as much as I love The Weeknd, having him on title track should also never have happened 

I think the label is gonna see no matter what she does she’ll be successful (with her fans and audience). The album may not have had crazy numbers long term but she broke records with COTCC. They’ve always been pretty lenient with her (letting her release VB as a single) and I can’t see them stepping in now 

"Don’t forget me"

In other news, Pitchfork is excited for Lana’s new album 

https://pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/the-49-most-anticipated-albums-of-spring-2021-taylor-swift-japanese-breakfast-j-balvin-and-more/

Lana Del Rey: Rock Candy Sweet

June 1

Lana Del Rey announced her March album Chemtrails Over the Country Club, the follow-up to 2019’s world-conquering Norman Fucking Rockwell!, almost a year in advance. The wait apparently won’t be as long for Rock Candy Sweet, which the singer-songwriter announced one day after Chemtrails’ release. It’s been a productive several months for Del Rey, who recently released a poetry collection and audiobook, Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass. –Marc Hogan”

"Don’t forget me"

8 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

if so they can keep it!!

Doin’ time is my favorite cover, but had no place being on NFR 

and as much as I love The Weeknd, having him on title track should also never have happened 

I think the label is gonna see no matter what she does she’ll be successful (with her fans and audience). The album may not have had crazy numbers long term but she broke records with COTCC. They’ve always been pretty lenient with her (letting her release VB as a single) and I can’t see them stepping in now 

I agree, I didn’t like Doin’ Time or LFL but they helped with promo and streaming numbers. COCC sank like a rock :poordat:

I see them stepping in to retain that prized 14-21 demographic that Polydor head was talking about. 

3 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

I agree, I didn’t like Doin’ Time or LFL but they helped with promo and streaming numbers. COCC sank like a rock :poordat:

I see them stepping in to retain that prized 14-21 demographic that Polydor head was talking about. 

Doin’ Time should have stayed a promo single with a bigger push to radio. I get why it was added to NFR but it wasn’t necessary. LFL should have stayed in one of the demo stages and another song should have had the feature (IMF maybe? Or a whole new one)

COTCC sank but the records it broke still stand and can’t be taken away (having the most vinyls of the top 10 combined sold)

I can’t see them stepping in for RCS, especially if it’s so done it’s (allegedly? Probably?) being pressed as we speak 

"Don’t forget me"

22 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

In other news, Pitchfork is excited for Lana’s new album 

https://pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/the-49-most-anticipated-albums-of-spring-2021-taylor-swift-japanese-breakfast-j-balvin-and-more/

Lana Del Rey: Rock Candy Sweet

June 1

Lana Del Rey announced her March album Chemtrails Over the Country Club, the follow-up to 2019’s world-conquering Norman Fucking Rockwell!, almost a year in advance. The wait apparently won’t be as long for Rock Candy Sweet, which the singer-songwriter announced one day after Chemtrails’ release. It’s been a productive several months for Del Rey, who recently released a poetry collection and audiobook, Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass. –Marc Hogan”

The way they believe it’s coming in June- let alone this year :toofloppy:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

3 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

If I’m being honest I feel from what we’ve learned of Lana over the years she craves the liking of others and is a people pleaser no matter much how she denies it

I get where you're coming from but does an artist have any other choice today? We live in a climate where saying or doing one single "wrong" thing that someone doesn't like could cost your whole career getting cancelled. Name someone who didn't have a "scandal" in the last 2 years. Today you either do what the mob wants you to do or get out of the business. If I were a public person, I'd too just say what they want me to say to get the paycheck. I feel like it's the times that have changed and Lana chaged with them as well.... Lana from BTD or Ultraviolence era probably wouldn't survive on the scene for too long today.. hell even 10 years ago there were attempts to discredit her and shut her down... now that she has a much bigger name she has to plase people if she wants to keep it... and it's sad

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*