Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 hours ago, GrenadineGrass said:

ok guys, I just wanna share a theory that I got myself thinking yesterday, what if chemtrails wasn't supposed to exist? Like, think about what was the first concept she announced to the next album after norman, she said on an interview that it would be an album with some guitars and would be called ''White Hot Forever'' (title track that we know as Tulsa Jesus Freak). And if you go back to that period she was simultaneously bringing ''Violet Bent Backwards Over Grass'' AND ''Iron Gates'' (I dont fucking remember the name), because you can see that between some videos of poems of violets she showed one of behind the iron gates (I think this is the name tbh idc). And when she talked about the second poetry book, she told that would be addressing less personal subjects (giving the controversial vibes). And if youre traumatized, I think you remember QFTC which wasn't just a random letter, she made it just like, violet poems pages, so maybe it was something that was not only her feelings but something that she wants to communicate with her art. So whats point of that? Maybe Rock Candy Sweet was the next album after norman and thats means that it's the leftovers of the original white hot forever. But why she would do that? I have two ideas to that:

1- it's very cliché, lana always change her mind, like she fucking kept on the vault a whole album with the last shadow puppets (like wtf)

2-Maybe she got it that it wasn't the right time to that after the way that the world reacted to QFTC (but i'm not sooo confident of this idea cause she almost dont give a fuck about anything)

With that, maybe she made a new start (but not that new, and I'll explain why). Maybe she wasn't having a clearly next step at the time (since her first ''next step'' was scrapped after the end of relationship with sean and the situation of QFTC). So, she just got to studio with Jack and tried to creating something, that's why we see song as white dress coming so organic (even though she do this a lot in other albums, like change in lfl) and due to the lack of creativity for a point to start, she brought some unfinished demos that could lead to something. (Let Me Love You Like A Woman, from UV sessions, Wanderlust from NFR Sessions, Yosemite from LFL and Tulsa from WHF sessions)It's important to mention that the ''country vibes'' on chemtrails and maybe in her future album with nikki could've been stimulated at first by Jack! The proof is some songs that she created with him that wasn’t on norman but was showed by lana in the beginning of the era. (Hey Blue Baby & Stupid For Being So Happy). So that would explain why lana started to experimenting country on chemtrails and is still doing that with nikki at the moment, and it would explain why between ''country'' albums would be a rock one. (yes im supposing that rock candy sweet has some rock songs even though we don't have any hint to that right now). So the last question to conclude the theory, so do you think Rock Candy Sweet was all done before Chemtrails? No! Maybe after finishing Chemtrails she decided to turn back and make ''White Hot Forever'' happen, because it wouldn’t be so weird after chemtrails since she added some songs that can relate to a rock-ish album such as Tulsa Jesus Freak, Breaking Up Slowly, Dark But Just A Game ( In MY Opinion) and she still wanted to make her ''vengeance'' and thought that now is safe to do it. And the last proof to support this theory is that Rock Candy Sweet is Done and Jack is the producer (Lana's speech, not mine).

So thats it! Be kind with me, because my only point was trying to guess what are we getting after chemtrails. And if there are any wrong argument, just quote it, i'm free to hear all the your thoughts. AND REMEMBER ITS JUST A THEORY.

also, sorry if something is mispelled of anything like this, english is not my first language!!

Everything you say makes sense. 
It’s hard to say if she is done with RCS because we lack so many info.

- When she launched QFTC, I thought she was done with Chemtrails, thinking she had written and recorded during the quarantine, her and Jack on different coasts. But in interviews this year, she did say the quarantine had cut short her time recording COCC. 
- COCC was supposed to be called WHF, and TJF clearly is a standout on that album, and is one of the few tracks that has a bigger sound. Again, she did say that Chemtrails is about standing at a still point, but I guessed she had envisioned that the next step would be in the vein of WHF. 
- So: Chemtrails was mostly recorded just before Norman’s release and through her NFR tour. Quarantine cut it short. The big mystery remaining is: did she record during last summer and last spring songs that would end up on RCS? Plus she did meet with Zach at some point for the folk cover album... Did new songs come out of those sessions or just covers? 

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Everything you say makes sense. 
It’s hard to say if she is done with RCS because we lack so many info.

- When she launched QFTC, I thought she was done with Chemtrails, thinking she had written and recorded during the quarantine, her and Jack on different coasts. But in interviews this year, she did say the quarantine had cut short her time recording COCC. 
- COCC was supposed to be called WHF, and TJF clearly is a standout on that album, and is one of the few tracks that has a bigger sound. Again, she did say that Chemtrails is about standing at a still point, but I guessed she had envisioned that the next step would be in the vein of WHF. So, not knowing exactly the next step, she went for the folk route, and added unleaked songs to it or unfinished demos. 
- So: Chemtrails was mostly recorded just before Norman’s release and through her NFR tour. Quarantine cut it short. The big mystery remaining is: did she record during last summer and last spring songs that would end up on RCS? Plus she did meet with Zach at some point for the folk cover album... Did new songs come out of those sessions or just covers? 

14 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Plus she did meet with Zach at some point for the folk cover album... Did new songs come out of those sessions or just covers? 

I think they did some more songs together, Dealer for example, so if that's the case, it's possible some will be included on RCS

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

22 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

I think they did some more songs together, Dealer for example, so if that's the case, it's possible some will be included on RCS

I’m thinking maybe they started to work on the covers album initially, Lana liked the outcome, got inspired and started creating alongside Zach for RCS. We know for a fact they were in the studio for a while during Nov, when she posted the clip of her singing On Eagle’s Wings saying they’re working on something. 

The thing that confuses me is her saying Jack is gonna be back, (this isn’t confirmed) after she stated that he couldn’t be there for the complete process of creation of Chemtrails... 

34 minutes ago, agecando said:

I’m thinking maybe they started to work on the covers album initially, Lana liked the outcome, got inspired and started creating alongside Zach for RCS. We know for a fact they were in the studio for a while during Nov, when she posted the clip of her singing On Eagle’s Wings saying they’re working on something. 

The thing that confuses me is her saying Jack is gonna be back, (this isn’t confirmed) after she stated that he couldn’t be there for the complete process of creation of Chemtrails... 

she is saying one thing then another all the time, which makes it so hard to follow. 
- Annie Mac interview : “I’m tired, I don’t work much after a backlash”/ reveals next album out on June 1 and has songs in the bank with Nikki. 
- Jack: “You are on a path to stripping songs to their most essential”/ Lana: “I asked Jack to go wilder at the end of songs”

- “Pandemic cut short my work with Jack”/ “Jack is on board for songs”

i mean... :delish:

14 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

Its okay. People also hated Jesus when he told them the truth❤ was hallucinating :hooker:

Corrected some spelling errors

23 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

she is saying one thing then another all the time, which makes it so hard to follow. 
- Annie Mac interview : “I’m tired, I don’t work much after a backlash”/ reveals next album out on June 1 and has songs in the bank with Nikki. 
- Jack: “You are on a path to stripping songs to their most essential”/ Lana: “I asked Jack to go wilder at the end of songs”

- “Pandemic cut short my work with Jack”/ “Jack is on board for songs”

i mean... :delish:

Well actually Lana is working on so many projects at the same time it is confusing (even for her). She announce project before it is fully completed, and sometimes she changes her mind. Let's just say she is enthusiast. Even release dates aren't any confirmation until her label announce it, to be honest.

All those releases have been talked about at the same time :

• White Hot Forever / Chemtrails*
  • Violets
  • Behind the iron gates*
  • Multiple cover albums (I don't know if the Americana*, country and folk albums are different projects honestly but there's at least two of them)
  • The Nikki Collab album
  • Rock Candy Sweet 

Plus there's the Last Shadow Puppets album that might be either part of Rock Candy Sweet (after all, even if she said she worked with Jack for that album, she didn't say only him), or be distilled on multiple projects (we already have California and Miles' Loaded), or the rest might never see the day of light.

And sometimes a song goes from one project to the other.

* Those 3 didn't get released on initial release date (don't rememeber about Violet, and we still have to see the unlikely June 1 date being accurate).

I could definitely see how cocc's a grace period of a record, as well as in parallel, her musical direction. 

objectively speaking. what matters is what she does now tho. 
it'll be June. believe it or not, she's got high intellect. she must know by now how her impact must be. 

if she was deliberating and finalized something, and wanted something to've been released so quickly post cocc, she'd need to've already worked out album rollout production (merch, more vinyl ie) 

as beautiful as chemtrails is, listening to it, and how perfectly it fit as something being transitional, I could see how the theory fits w the other facts we've gotten. 
- tracklist dilemma. 
- how that delayed production. 
- tracks that came from different cycles. 
- qftc. refrain recoup. that's where her care lies. 

less foundationally speaking. i've really got a hunch that DTWD's'll be a taste of what we'll be getting. and personally? that makes me a little excited to know. 

so all we have to do now is wait for her to actually further elaborate what and how she meant so quickly after chemtrails was released.

UV/Honeymoon

1 hour ago, agecando said:

Yes, I fully agree. I reckon there must be some songs left over from when she was with him in the studio.

Apparently, she said that Jack "will be returning" or something like that, so that doesn't necessarily mean he will be working on RCS, but we'll see

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

1 hour ago, saith said:

Well actually Lana is working on so many projects at the same time it is confusing (even for her). She announce project before it is fully completed, and sometimes she changes her mind. Let's just say she is enthusiast. Even release dates aren't any confirmation until her label announce it, to be honest.

All those releases have been talked about at the same time :

• White Hot Forever / Chemtrails*
  • Violets
  • Behind the iron gates*
  • Multiple cover albums (I don't know if the Americana*, country and folk albums are different projects honestly but there's at least two of them)
  • The Nikki Collab album
  • Rock Candy Sweet 

Plus there's the Last Shadow Puppets album that might be either part of Rock Candy Sweet (after all, even if she said she worked with Jack for that album, she didn't say only him), or be distilled on multiple projects (we already have California and Miles' Loaded), or the rest might never see the day of light.

And sometimes a song goes from one project to the other.

* Those 3 didn't get released on initial release date (don't rememeber about Violet, and we still have to see the unlikely June 1 date being accurate).

Beautifully summarized :gclap:

The Violet audiobook didn’t get released on schedule either (Jan 4). 
Absolutely right about dates that never check out unless her company is on board. If we get a song from RCS in June, I’ll be gladly satisfied. Not expecting any complete album by June 1. 
By the way, Interscope must be scratching their head with all of those projects that are done and ready for release: Chemtrails ain’t a month-old, Behind the Iron Gates seems to be done (with a likely summer or fall release, unless RCS gets in-between), the cover album (albums?) could be dropped anytime if it’s done. The Nikki one is the one we know is not ready; RCS is a big mystery on all levels. 

I think I’ve seen this film before and i didn’t like the ending. 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

17 hours ago, boom like that said:

A album full of hawaiian glam metal and surf noir masterpieces is the only kind of summer album I'll accept :oprah3:

Wayamaya, Kill Kill, Hawaiian Tropic, Neon Palmmm, Patent Leather Do Over's intrumental... anyone who slanders such a godly vibe looks stupid doing it, implode to the power of fake plumeria necklaces :slay:

AMEN:pray2:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg