Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

11 hours ago, barttttender said:

she's just taking the piss w the album release. When will ppl learn?

she probably has 3 songs at this point: blue banisters, dealer; and the obligatory closing track cover

she announced the album just to get the hype going, but there is no album. I repeat, there is no album

my prediction: june 2022 for the album drop

The thread can be closed and we can go back to COTCC now?

5 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I was listening to Paradise today and I came to the conclusion that I really want that sort of lyrical energy. Paradise and UV are, in my opinion, her most bold albums in terms of lyrics, so to have a comeback of that would be great :hype:

Also: I'm still manifesting Dealer for this album 

I think after the UV drama she changed her way of expressing herself to avoid drama.

Mfhp.gif

3 minutes ago, COCC said:

IMG_1385.jpg?format=750w

Lol. I just read it again and people really blew this out of proportion? Why do I remember it being worded in a whole different way? 

-Homeland of the Gods-

1 hour ago, ultrarescent said:

Lol. I just read it again and people really blew this out of proportion? Why do I remember it being worded in a whole different way? 

People were mostly triggered by her calling out "women of color" because they forget what Ariana really looks like :bye:

3cdec86996b2b28e731677e6f9028085b7dc6017

I honestly think it's just bc no one can control her. people like having control or anything horrible to say to anyone to keep their minds satisfied and strangely enough to feel secure. we're not there at that level of convo as a society tho so imma keep quiet. 

but she's wild, she's not the typical thinker and I love that about her. she can be a bit tone deaf at times, but her heart seems to be in the right place. girl needs to give us a fucking update tho bc this's been boring. 

UV/Honeymoon

4 minutes ago, littleseashell said:

People were mostly triggered by her calling out "women of color" because they forget what Ariana really looks like :bye:

:toofloppy:.....I remember the glamorous part being in the 1st paragraph and that's why I saw the backlash as valid...but turns out people misplaced her words from taking the second paragraph and gluing it to the 1st one and somehow managed to make this hodge podge of a mess. I'm glad Lana stood her ground on this particular post cause at the end of the day there's nothing wrong with it. 

-Homeland of the Gods-

1 hour ago, ultrarescent said:

Her message wasn’t wrong, but she expressed herself badly. And she had no business bringing up anyone else’s name. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

6 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Her message wasn’t wrong, but she expressed herself badly. And she had no business bringing up anyone else’s name. 

My thoughts exactly. It meandered too much, and she shouldn't have brought up the other girls. It was a messy point and screamed "I'M NOT LIKE OTHER GIRLS" even if that wasn't what she intended

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

2 minutes ago, HillSongExHomoCantor said:

My thoughts exactly. It meandered too much, and she shouldn't have brought up the other girls. It was a messy point and screamed "I'M NOT LIKE OTHER GIRLS" even if that wasn't what she intended

Right, I always wanted a Nicki x Lana interaction but that was NOT what I had in mind...

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

Just now, ShadesOfFool said:

Right, I always wanted a Nicki x Lana interaction but that was NOT what I had in mind...

Question For The Culture 2 Ft Nicki and Nikki Too

Nikki on the banjo, lana sad crooning and Nicki rapping over the banjo bridge the new letter lana wrote to The Culture

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

4 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Of course she didn't have to name anyone but the backlash was definitely unreasonable. I remember people saying she compared her art to theirs or even belittling it  but she doesn't do that anywhere in the post now that I'm re-reading it. Phew it has been almost an year. 

-Homeland of the Gods-

I think she was gonna get backlash regardless bc that has always been the media’s response to her (hence her ‘I want revenge’ RCS announcement)

but I think name dropping the artist is what really hurt her in the long run because the girls she mentioned have HUGE, VOCAL fanbases (Barbies, Beehives, ari Twitter stans) 

so there was negative press and the fans used and shared that. 

despite her being 100% correct (she always has been talked down on/discredited/overly analyzed) it wasn’t worded correctly and that was the biggest downfall. 

I remember being SO excited for COTCC to have ‘tinges’ of what she’s been pondering and I really hope RCS is the album that correlates with QFTC

"Don’t forget me"

17 minutes ago, ultrarescent said:

Of course she didn't have to name anyone but the backlash was definitely unreasonable. I remember people saying she compared her art to theirs or even belittling it  but she doesn't do that anywhere in the post now that I'm re-reading it. Phew it has been almost an year. 

I think the backlash was a little much, absolutely. 

but still, she was dead wrong for posting that and idc what anyone says. I still adore her, but that was a HARD screw up and a total cringe moment. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

9 minutes ago, ultrarescent said:

She didn't have to, but I think she really just did it to help get her point across and use examples from our culture. Most of those artists, especially Beyonce, are way more famous than her and no one bats an eye at their lyrics and the message they convey. I think she realized that and it made circumstances worse for her. If she released something like Positions, people would literally come for her neck. Ever since UV critics have it out for her and are ready to cherry pick her every move because they still feel some type of way. They couldn't accept the new perspective she challenged, or the raw, honest lyrics that didn't sugar coat her experiences. It seems that anytime Lana tries to bring forth a new perspective on women and their relationships, they shut her down. It's really fucked up tbh. I hope with RCS she really goes back to not giving a fuck (as she should). She deserves to feel empowered again with her music and I'm all for it :nails:

8 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I think she was gonna get backlash regardless bc that has always been the media’s response to her (hence her ‘I want revenge’ RCS announcement)

but I think name dropping the artist is what really hurt her in the long run because the girls she mentioned have HUGE, VOCAL fanbases (Barbies, Beehives, ari Twitter stans) 

so there was negative press and the fans used and shared that. 

despite her being 100% correct (she always has been talked down on/discredited/overly analyzed) it wasn’t worded correctly and that was the biggest downfall. 

I remember being SO excited for COTCC to have ‘tinges’ of what she’s been pondering and I really hope RCS is the album that correlates with QFTC

I believe she scrapped the idea of releasing a record which correlates to the QftC concepts. COCC was pretty tame and with titles like "Wild At Heart" it still was underwhelming. It's a beautiful album ofc. I just can't imagine a record with a title like RCS to have songs like Yosemite or Wanderlust. But at this point everything is possible. I just wish she leaves the country twang for her separate project with Nikki. 

-Homeland of the Gods-

1 hour ago, littleseashell said:

Seriously sometimes I forget Ariana is white lmao

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

8 minutes ago, ultrarescent said:

I believe she scrapped the idea of releasing a record which correlates to the QftC concepts. COCC was pretty tame and with titles like "Wild At Heart" it still was underwhelming. It's a beautiful album ofc. I just can't imagine a record with a title like RCS to have songs like Yosemite or Wanderlust. But at this point everything is possible. I just wish she leaves the country twang for her separate project with Nikki. 

i think she got inspired for the angry songs but didn’t have time to work with Jack to expand on the ideas 

I think that’s why Dealer was a very critical turning point, she had an angry song where she’s screaming, but it didn’t fit with her pre-QFTC thoughts. 

I can’t imagine her posting a headline of a negative article captioned ‘I want revenge. New album out June 1st’ and not touch on QFTC. 

Obviously RCS isn’t going to have songs like Yosemite and Wonderlust, that’s why they’re on COTCC

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, littleseashell said:

She didn't have to, but I think she really just did it to help get her point across and use examples from our culture. Most of those artists, especially Beyonce, are way more famous than her and no one bats an eye at their lyrics and the message they convey. I think she realized that and it made circumstances worse for her. If she released something like Positions, people would literally come for her neck. Ever since UV critics have it out for her and are ready to cherry pick her every move because they still feel some type of way. They couldn't accept the new perspective she challenged, or the raw, honest lyrics that didn't sugar coat her experiences. It seems that anytime Lana tries to bring forth a new perspective on women and their relationships, they shut her down. It's really fucked up tbh. I hope with RCS she really goes back to not giving a fuck (as she should). She deserves to feel empowered again with her music and I'm all for it :nails:

I guess that was her main intention. However every woman in this industry faces some type of backlash at some point. But it all depends on how the GP actually reacts to that particular person. Lana never had the GP on her side. Not even after Norman. The critics ate that album up but it never translated to the GP. And without the GP you're pretty vulnerable and an easy target across all social medias. 

-Homeland of the Gods-

Oh my god Lana needs to give us updates because this has just devolved into discussing year old drama.

In other news, I got bored and initiated a lucid dream last night to ask about the album. I don't really believe in the zodiac/witchy/dream stuff but I was desperate so I manifested Lana and asked her a bunch of questions about the release date, production and themes. She just said "I'm going to explore my femininity" and then disappeared in a puff of smoke.

I'm still annoyed.