Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I know this is completely out of left field but I’m tipsy and listening to this and thinking about how fucking good Lana would sound covering it:

it’s exactly the type of shouty but laid back rock I’d love from this album

RVhKIwP.gif

a whole record of songs in the same vein as what lana described dealer to be would be a literal dream

imageproxy.jpg

24 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

maybe she has because it's done already :bebe: As someone pointed out, she probably wouldn't announce a date that's literally two months away if she weren't sure. But on the other hand, she and delays do have history. And I also keep wondering why she said to Annie Mac she didn't have "four songs" ready for the next record. I have a hard time believing she made an entire album within the last two months.

It could be that she didn’t have four songs leftover from COCC/intended for COCC that she saved, but rather started new and fresh in the studio going in a different direction with new songs as early as whenever her and Jack completed COCC. So in a way, she could have had more than four songs for RCS at that time but that wasn’t Annie’s question I don’t think—it was framed more as are there leftovers from the COCC sessions and Lana answered no, not really. IT GIVES ME HOPE FOR A BRAND NEW SOUND!

22 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

maybe she has because it's done already :bebe: As someone pointed out, she probably wouldn't announce a date that's literally two months away if she weren't sure. But on the other hand, she and delays do have history. And I also keep wondering why she said to Annie Mac she didn't have "four songs" ready for the next record. I have a hard time believing she made an entire album within the last two months.

Well-planned queen was setting herself up for the big surprise announcement :shh:

1 minute ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

I don’t think she’s capable of making a bad album.

Right can we stop doubting her at this point

However I do think this will be her most different album yet, especially if it was all written during an angry and defensive point in her life. She doesn’t have many songs with those emotions I don’t think - even UVs more passionate songs were more about fallout from relationships and such which is different imo

imagine something like smarty :hawt::hawt::hawt::air::air::air: NOBODY NOBODY NOBODY WHO HAS A FaCE LIKE SMARTY DOES??????? NOBODYYYY

the kind up upbeat instrumentals with bitter, sarcastic lyrics and vocals that would be perfect for an album called rock candy sweet

sUcVobB.png

2 minutes ago, picturebook said:

So do we think that this album will be released in 2021? :awkney:

Yes. June 1, one week before my birthday :lolliney:

2 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

Since we know she was working on traditional folk & country covers recently, do we think the old country folk song Big Rock Candy Mountain could’ve influenced this new album sonically/thematically at all?

hopefully not i love folk but i want something different 

9 minutes ago, May said:

I know this is completely out of left field but I’m tipsy and listening to this and thinking about how fucking good Lana would sound covering it:

it’s exactly the type of shouty but laid back rock I’d love from this album

You’re not alone ! I’ve always wanted her to cover this :flutter:

one think that makes me sad is that she's probably going to break the tradition of having one LFL outtake on her new album :ohno: I mean I'm glad she's moving on but having Yosemite on Chemtrails was delightful not only because of how good the song is but also because it's a bit heartbreaking to discover a song that dates back to 2015-2016 for the first time, through official ways. I love the soothed, Honeymoon-inspired, stripped-down vibes she used to have in 2016 before all the baddie/QFTC mess, I love the richness of Rick's production. So although LFL is not a career highlight, it's always a bit heartbreaking, in a good way, to get material from that very special era.

OR we're getting Wild One on RCS because its title totally fits the theme omg team delulu keeps on winning :hype:

I just really hope June 1 doesn't become another "September 5" :bebe:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

8 minutes ago, gayalien said:

Well-planned queen was setting herself up for the big surprise announcement :shh:

If June 1 she does release RCS, she missed another great opportunity for a surprise release by telling us about it :omfg2:

with chemtrails she def learned her lesson about album deadlines and vinyl delays and all of that, i don't think she ever wants to delay something unless it's necessary maybe it's coming yall 

Just now, Gothicula said:

with chemtrails she def learned her lesson about album deadlines and vinyl delays and all of that, i don't think she ever wants to delay something unless it's necessary maybe it's coming yall 

it does seem, to me at least, that she was truly sorry and disappointed COCC was delayed 6 months, so i hope hope hope itll actually come out in June 

image.png

Just now, Gothicula said:

Three weird album rollouts convinced me she never learns from her past mistakes lol 

the only thing preserving all my love for her is the constancy in her music. 

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

I don’t believe that date. We are lucky if a single from it drops this summer.

maybe she's going to not release any single though? I could picture that. she could just randomly drop the album. it doesn't seem to be made to serve commercial purposes.