Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

18 minutes ago, heroinmelodies said:

Β cannot unsee it now , engraved in my memory foreverΒ :ma:

Β 

Β 

π‘³π’Šπ’‡π’† π’Šπ’” π’ƒπ’†π’‚π’–π’•π’Šπ’‡π’–π’ 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’šπ’π’– 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I 100% think this project was at least partially influenced by the song Big Rock Candy Mountain even if no one else thinks so. It just makes soΒ much sense.Β It’s exactly the type of song that would inspire Lana, and she’s been working on folk & country covers lately, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the song itself even made it onto the project. It’s about aΒ hobo’s idea of paradise, which she can use to portray whatΒ she thought Hollywood/fame would be like before she experienced it.Β The lyrics are so Lana that it almost surprises me she hasn’t referenced theΒ song before.Β 
Β 

Spoiler

Β 

Β 

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

6 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

is this album going to have co*ntry vibes again?

if we assumed that COCC will be country because it hasΒ countryΒ in the title then I’d be more than happy to assume that RCS will be Rock:hooker:

1 minute ago, recklessdaughter said:

I 100% think this project was at least partially influenced by the song Big Rock Candy Mountain even if no one else thinks so. It just makes soΒ much sense.Β It’s exactly the type of song that would inspire Lana, and she’s been working on folk & country covers lately, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the song itself even made it onto the project. It’s about aΒ hobo’s idea of paradise, which she can use to portray whatΒ she thought Hollywood/fame would be like before she experienced it.Β The lyrics are so Lana that it almost surprises me she hasn’t referenced theΒ song before.Β 

:deadbanana:Β all i can think of is this

Β 

Β 

image.png

1 minute ago, Ultra Violet said:

Can anyone actually think of a good, non-problematic way that cultural appropriation could be address in this album? Because I can'tΒ :toofunny:

When I was a waitress
Dating a rapper
Handling the heat
I was not racist
Listening to Fela Kuti on the beat

:deadbanana:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I am in shook and love that news but cant believe that she will drop it on first of June. Anyway I would love to hear NOT recycled songs on that record.Β :eyeroll3:

Β 

Spoiler

And tbh I heard that rock candy means meth... ooopsieΒ :hype:

Β 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525104eb9fe0669c44f

9 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

:deadbanana:Β all i can think of is this

Β 

Β 

Her next big controversial lawsuit will happen cause the title track samples the Candy mountain song without crediting it and then she rages on Instagram how that's not true because Jesus whispered the melody in her ear at night. I can already feel it in my kidney

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

If it's going to be country then it NEEDS to be in the same vein of Jolene by Dolly Parton. That's the only sound I'm willing to acceptΒ 

β™‘Β Β standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heavenΒ β™‘