Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

My theory is that Lana will embed every single thing she did in the beginning of her career into RCS. If she wants “revenge” why not go back to what they hated her for? The Lolita, daddy issue sweetheart that everyone knew as LDR. I think we will get some loud bangers form RCS. Besides, BTD hits 10 years next year I would love for her to visit her roots. Jesse Rutherford creates some pretty good songs when he’s solo that have a hip hop influence. Lana should work with him on something, but I would also love some co producer like Chino Moreno from Deftones. Lana on a track like this would be heaven sent.

https://youtu.be/f0pdwd0miqs

giphy.gif

I want Lana to collab with Father John Misty JUST ONCE so they can sing this song together please Lana if you're reading this, make it happen :trisha::eartha2: like imagine this song with more updated instrumentation tho

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I really hope "go through the dark to get to the dark" was her saying she had to put COCC out before putting out the next one which will be darker yup confirmed

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

23 hours ago, Elle said:

Wait where did she say it was just an intro :awkney: I remember her post saying it was a song left on the "cutting room floor," but I don't recall her saying that it was just an intro/outro rather than a full song x

Hi Elle. It was in a video snippet about the time of LFL's rollout. After the album's release, I believe. She said something to the effect that she wrote it in an attempt to provide a unifying intro and then an outro for LFL, but then scrapped it as such. She did say it was not a complete song or a song in itself. However, as we know, she could have reworked it. 

With LFL going through so many stylistic changes, with 'Yosemite' probably being planned as the album closer initially and then suddenly 'Yosemite' being cut and 'Get Free' becoming the album closer and 'Change' being written at the last minute, I can see how a unifying intro and outro might have seemed like an answer, especially when she didn't open LFL with '13 Beaches' as she should have, and then segued into 'Love' and 'LFL' and the others. 

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Hi Elle. It was in a video snippet about the time of LFL's rollout. After the album's release, I believe. She said something to the effect that she wrote it in an attempt to provide a unifying intro and then an outro for LFL, but then scrapped it as such. She did say it was not a complete song or a song in itself. However, as we know, she could have reworked it. 

With LFL going through so many stylistic changes, with 'Yosemite' probably being planned as the album closer initially and then suddenly 'Yosemite' being cut and 'Get Free' becoming the album closer and 'Change' being written at the last minute, I can see how a unifying intro and outro might have seemed like an answer, especially when she didn't open LFL with '13 Beaches' as she should have, and then segued into 'Love' and 'LFL' and the others. 

this is the most disappointing news i have ever heard as a Lana stan:noparty:

negAbhB.png

22 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

My theory is that Lana will embed every single thing she did in the beginning of her career into RCS. If she wants “revenge” why not go back to what they hated her for? The Lolita, daddy issue sweetheart that everyone knew as LDR. I think we will get some loud bangers form RCS. Besides, BTD hits 10 years next year I would love for her to visit her roots. Jesse Rutherford creates some pretty good songs when he’s solo that have a hip hop influence. Lana should work with him on something, but I would also love some co producer like Chino Moreno from Deftones. Lana on a track like this would be heaven sent.

https://youtu.be/f0pdwd0miqs

I think she already started this process on COCC---she sings about lying in her swimming pool with her jewels on and racing her little red sports car, and then in 'DBJAG,' she mentions 'making out in the parking lot.' All of which are poison to the 'Woke' or, as someone else brilliantly put it here, 'the fake Woke people' and the Cancel Cultiure branch of the politically correct.

I, personally, would love more satirical 'pure pop' songs like 'Making Out' and 'Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight,' which I think she does brilliantly, even as I love 'Old Money' and '13 Beaches' and songs like those. I feel she realizes she's bowed to 'the fake Woke people' and Cancel Culture far enough. Maybe she sees they will lay off her somewhat if she kisses their ass, but I think she now realizes they're a bunch of envious, miserable, no-talent trolls who will never, ever support her wholly and genuinely. They're incapable of that.

2 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

this is the most disappointing news i have ever heard as a Lana stan:noparty:

Well, don't be if you can help it. I think, via leaks, we already have the entire song, at least as it existed then. It's always possible she has or will rework it into a full song, but with her rate of productivity, I wouldn't bet on it. We do know that, like Tori Amos, she's left some of her very best work on the proverbially cutting room floor, which, to me, defies explanation. 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

Well, don't be if you can help it. I think, via leaks, we already have the entire song, at least as it existed then. It's always possible she has or will rework it into a full song, but with her rate of productivity, I wouldn't bet on it. We do know that, like Tori Amos, she's left some of her very best work on the proverbially cutting room floor, which, to me, defies explanation. 

based off the videos she posted, there's absolutely a line after "and now, life's a dream" or at least some instrumentation

negAbhB.png

7 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

based off the videos she posted, there's absolutely a line after "and now, life's a dream" or at least some instrumentation

Didn’t she post a second snippet and it had production behind it? She had harmonizing. I swear I remember this but I can’t find it

edit: found it https://www.instagram.com/p/BdMegq7Hq9B/?igshid=16w6tpu56v9fr

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

1 minute ago, mrborntolose said:

Didn’t she post a second snippet and it had production behind it? She had harmonizing. I swear I remember this but I can’t find it

yes!

negAbhB.png

13 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I feel she realizes she's bowed to 'the fake Woke people' and Cancel Culture far enough. Maybe she sees they will lay off her somewhat if she kisses their ass, but I think she now realizes they're a bunch of envious, miserable, no-talent trolls who will never, ever support her wholly and genuinely. They're incapable of that.

i love how she went from Change and the stupid talk about self growth and being woke to "im not gonna change, ill stay the same"