Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

21 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

Who wants to make bets at the next time she or someone on her team teases RCS

I think she might talk about it around the first of next month (maybe she’ll announce it’s an April fools joke :oic2:) but I don’t see anything RCS related in March (I mean, she did JUST drop an album)

That said, with it coming out in a little over two months and her already announcing it, someone is gonna have to talk about it sooner than later :bebe:

I’d legit bet for her to say nothing until June and then nothing happens, but optimistic me would probably go early April for another brief mention.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

i love how she went from Change and the stupid talk about self growth and being woke to "im not gonna change, ill stay the same"

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

Full agree. There's nothing wrong, per se, with talking about 'self-growth' and 'personal evolution'--hopefully we all attempt that while we're young. But it's the wrong kind of thing to talk about publicly and make some kind of case for when you're a musician--it sounds like ass-kissing and virtue signaling--let the songs do the talking or most of the talking, as Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Springsteen and so many other great artists of the past have done. For me, Tori Amos drove me absolutely out of Stanhood by her continual political ranting in interviews. The same with R.E.M. They both express themselves terrifically in music, and that's what I'm there for, that's all I'm there for. The same with Rayland Baxter, Will Stewart and others.

My feeling about 'Yosemite' was that, even though there are definite, recognizable seasons in Yosemite the national park, LDR also recognized something there that was timeless and beyond superficial change. Being around a lot of rocks and mountains can do that to you, they can 'speak' that way. I think she related to that timeless quality beyond superficial change. 

I feel like you guys mix up the message from Heroin/ Change/Get Free, which seems to be about self-growth and evolving and the message of DBJAG which is about people changing because they are famous for a long time.

The "we don't change" part in Yosemite on the other hand seems to be about how surreal their love is, withstanding "seasons" and always staying "green".

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

7 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’d legit bet for her to say nothing until June and then nothing happens, but optimistic me would probably go early April for another brief mention.  

i feel like she’ll post a really fun, upbeat song that we all can’t wait to hear next month.
Ben will repost it saying “new music soon ?

and then a song, not the one teased, will come out in July. 

:thumb2:

"Don’t forget me"

I love Jack’s production so much, but I think it makes sense that she would work with another producer this time for a few reasons:

1) Jack is still in New Jersey and is unable to come to LA because of the pandemic - this halted the process of Chemtrails a bit towards the end, and naturally, Lana being nervous about that record, would not want to have those limitations of proximity be a concern again.

2) She said to Annie Mac that she was hoping to see if the covers album with Zach Dawes would “spark anything” - obviously, Zach seems to have been her go-to producer since the pandemic happened, as they made Dealer, 2 cover albums, Summertime the Gershwin Version, a live version of Let Me Love You Like a Woman for Fallon, and possibly a whole original studio album together. 

3) Lana always works with the same producer(s) for no more than two albums:

Rick Nowels, Dan Heath:

- Born to Die/Paradise (with additional production from Emile Haynie, Justin Parker)

- the original Ultraviolence (before the rework with Dan Auerbach)

Rick Nowels:

- Honeymoon

- Lust for Life

Jack Antonoff:

- Norman Fucking Rockwell!

- Chemtrails Over the Country Club

4) Obviously Lana has been going to a studio in LA and has an album finished/close to being finished  - a “revenge” album points to a fuller-sound with guitars, and Lana mentioned to Music Week that she loves bluesy, outlaw music inspired by her country music friends and other country idols of hers. Zach, having produced her country covers album, would be the most obvious choice as a producer since the covers album likely bled into the process for this country-esque album that Lana has implied LDR8 will be. 

12 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

Brooklyn Baby

Venice Bitch

Tulsa Jesus Freak

I need another place adjective song :hype:

How are "Bitch", "Baby" and "Jesus Freak" adjectives bby?:bebe:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

This gif is terrifying - what kind of melted- Reese’s-Peanut-Buttera-cup-hairstyle is this...:bebe:

asjfalkfaslkfslkfslfsjkfsj actually now that u point it out it looks like a woodspider guess we're continuing the spooks vibes! that n the other tooth fairy looks like a bird :thumb3:

UV/Honeymoon

Just now, Dragon said:

asjfalkfaslkfslkfslfsjkfsj actually now that u point it out it looks like a woodspider guess we're continuing the spooks vibes! that n the other tooth fairy looks like a bird :thumb3:

Omg ? I love it so much, your gif game is unmatched :ma: 

if Lana's team is reading this, can y'all PLEASE make better merch for Rock Candy Sweet era.... look at Kacey Musgraves Merch Store & even the old lana merch from 2013, it was so good... everything now is overpriced/cheap looking/only made for one gender. 

4 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

if Lana's team is reading this, can y'all PLEASE make better merch for Rock Candy Sweet era.... look at Kacey Musgraves Merch Store & even the old lana merch from 2013, it was so good... everything now is overpriced/cheap looking/only made for one gender. 

posters coloring books, neon hats n the TAROT Deck I can see her fanbase buying all of that tbh 

UV/Honeymoon

2 hours ago, AphroditeBaby said:

I don't think Jack held her back at all, lol.

She herself said in that Grammy interview that during the making of NFR, she expected the record to be more Venice Bitch-MAC psychedelic etc, but once they were making the rest of the songs, they decided to keep it more of that piano, singer-songwriter laurel canyon vibe, and she thought the two gelled well together.

and notice those are the two best songs on the album :popcorn: her choice was for the worst letting that sound go imo 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

2 hours ago, AphroditeBaby said:

I don't think Jack held her back at all, lol.

She herself said in that Grammy interview that during the making of NFR, she expected the record to be more Venice Bitch-MAC psychedelic etc, but once they were making the rest of the songs, they decided to keep it more of that piano, singer-songwriter laurel canyon vibe, and she thought the two gelled well together.

imagining an album full of VB-MAC and now i'm depressed :poordat:

sgopYhV.gif

I hope this has UV energy with more mature lyrics. I feel like Jack can pull off anything so I don’t care if she works with him again but I’m dying for a more upbeat album.

The only thing I’m worried about is I don’t see how she can challenge accusations of cultural appropriation without looking like a clown. I feel like Jack wouldn’t stand by a tone-deaf album though. Neither would Ben/Ed I don’t think.