Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

22 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

In my eyes her entire career shifted after honeymoon was released(her last “Lana” album to me), she was caught in the motions with political events, had tons of scrapped album ideas which reflected the final cut of lust for life with lots of filler being present and to top it all off it was very incohesive which subjectively to me made it her worst album.

NFR was then released as which continued to stray even further from Lana as a character with her writing becoming incredibly vague itself and had a very different lyrical style to prior releases with it being very safe in songwriting and production-I would say this was a critics wet dream, it doesn’t particularly innovate or offend and has lots of piano ballads with it completely demolishing any cinematic feel. I also find the consensus critic feedback for this album incredibly sexist-a woman is only deemed good when she strips herself back from glamour or uses a piano and a simple melody(most of the critics stated she behaved as an actual human being on this album).

If I’m being honest I feel from what we’ve learned of Lana over the years she craves the liking of others and is a people pleaser no matter much how she denies it, she will continue to make records like NFR and CoCC as long as she is heaped with praise -she’s stated her misgivings with aspects of Cocc but can’t make her mind up but as long as the feedback hails her as a genius she will continue to play it safe.

I don’t believe any of this is Jacks fault but he is a yes man and will not push Lana outside of her comfort zone.

she ironically displays some of what she protests about in some ways-Narcissistic values as displayed when she gets irritate with the tiniest amount of critique.

She is a sweet person but also stuck inside a perception of herself. 

In terms of "she ironically displays some of what she protests about in some ways-Narcissistic values as displayed when she gets irritate with the tiniest amount of critique," that is accurate but also an understatement, purely on a material level. She can't complain or speak out against IG culture NOW, after years and years of producing and releasing hundreds or thousands of photos of herself in a great variety of styles, poses, moods and themes. It's clear she's spent a lot of time being photographed and also that a lot of it was precipitated by her, not by her record company or magazines. It was something she enjoyed (which I have no problem with). 

And since Hollywood has given up on the concept of 'stars' and glamour, IG is merely filling a void with all the beautiful, mostly young, people making small fortunes off their glamour alone. 

I also agree she often seems hypersensitive about criticism, which is to her detriment, as she is a star, despite what she says in 'Wild At Heart,' and she's only going to get more of it as long as she stays in the public eye, whether as a 'star,' a famous 'musician,' or whatever. Bob Dylan is an old man and a legend, still producing one album after another, and he still gets criticized, of course. 

I am often baffled with LDR's practical blunders (like the COCC interview) or misconceptions about reality and the wisdom of doing or saying certain things in this persecutory era, which seem so different from the wisdom she often reveals in her songs.  

haven't been on this site in a lil while but jack sucks ass and needs to leave her alone. i'm not even gonna buy a physical copy of RCS before I hear it bc its probably gonna be more of the same :/

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Speaking of IG, I know LDR went to Texas to perform, perhaps among other things. Are the new 'cowgirl' IG photos she's posted a sign that RCS is the country album, 'country covers' or perhaps of her own material? 

I used to get so mad at the melodramatics in this thread, but now I laugh :eartha:

I hope she continues stripping down her sound. Maybe add some jazz in there. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

15 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

In terms of "she ironically displays some of what she protests about in some ways-Narcissistic values as displayed when she gets irritate with the tiniest amount of critique," that is accurate but also an understatement, purely on a material level. She can't complain or speak out against IG culture NOW, after years and years of producing and releasing hundreds or thousands of photos of herself in a great variety of styles, poses, moods and themes. It's clear she's spent a lot of time being photographed and also that a lot of it was precipitated by her, not by her record company or magazines. It was something she enjoyed (which I have no problem with). 

And since Hollywood has given up on the concept of 'stars' and glamour, IG is merely filling a void with all the beautiful, mostly young, people making small fortunes off their glamour alone. 

I also agree she often seems hypersensitive about criticism, which is to her detriment, as she is a star, despite what she says in 'Wild At Heart,' and she's only going to get more of it as long as she stays in the public eye, whether as a 'star,' a famous 'musician,' or whatever. Bob Dylan is an old man and a legend, still producing one album after another, and he still gets criticized, of course. 

I am often baffled with LDR's practical blunders (like the COCC interview) or misconceptions about reality and the wisdom of doing or saying certain things in this persecutory era, which seem so different from the wisdom she often reveals in her songs.  

Gag

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

36 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

NFR was then released as which continued to stray even further from Lana as a character with her writing becoming incredibly vague itself and had a very different lyrical style to prior releases with it being very safe in songwriting and production-I would say this was a critics wet dream, it doesn’t particularly innovate or offend and has lots of piano ballads with it completely demolishing any cinematic feel. I also find the consensus critic feedback for this album incredibly sexist-a woman is only deemed good when she strips herself back from glamour or uses a piano and a simple melody(most of the critics stated she behaved as an actual human being on this album).

I hate on how society is obsessed with keeping us all the same. Any woman that doesn't act like what is considered right, is immediately portrayed as a monster. Lana since the beginning of her career was demonized and unheard. When she gave up what made her special, she finally received her good girl cookie.

I know that she must be tired of always being a controversy, but what cost? NFR lyrics many times sounds like random tweets put into a music. The instrumentals are also poorly executed.

Can't wait for her to get tired from all of this and come back to masterpieces

4 minutes ago, Umaniac said:

I just want another successful era. Cocc literally dropped #38 points on b200...

Well put out a mediocre uninspired album and that’s what happens sadly 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

57 minutes ago, peachlipgloss said:

this is probably a stupid question but why do so many of u not want jack to produce rcs :noparty:

Because Jack reeks of boring minimalistic piano flops. And though I've enjoyed NFR and COCC. We simply do not want the same producer doing the same thing again. :smokes3:

As long as the album is well produced, the genre doesn't really matter...

With that being said, I really don't think Jack is the problem. He's talented enough to deliver great songs.

However, Lana has a say (after all they're her songs) and she can be biased when it comes to make decisions of her own. Something that didn't really happen with Dan. But, is it really unauthentic of her if she's now following what she thinks it's the right thing to do now that she's in control? If anything, now she's being her real self, or what she has become, for that matter. People do change with time... :smokes3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Everyone at this point is just ready for something new and different. Lana has always switched it up for each new era, and I think a lot of us are wanting that to continue/happen again. Personally, I don't think Jack is a bad producer. But I do think that if he's working with Lana again for this record, they should try out something that sounds like more of a departure from NFR and COCC despite the fact that I love those two albums. 

imageproxy.jpg

56 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Preach you sis ❤❤❤❤

Hide contents

Is that Taylor Momsen in your profile picture? And if it is, it's intentional? Because if it is, all I have to say is that you have an incredible taste

It is Taylor momsen, I’ve never bothered to change the Avi and it started as an ironically outdated joke but I loved the going to hell record when it came out and still do-house on a hill, sweet things and fucked up world were bops.

4 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

damn. what if we're overcomplicating things and already have our first clues. 

DTWD til down in sound. Jinkies is this a clue? 

I loved this soul/jazz vibe, I was so disappointed when the covers album got cancelled.