Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

I was 20% joking but 

I think it’s honestly very brave and I love her steadfastness (which she lacks when committing to dates lol) and people making alternate covers it’s like... okay. They are obviously easier to digest but they are so so boring and unremarkable. 

I love polarising stuff and things that are provocative and Lana just gets more provocative with every release... this is how she is “making her life an art” It’s true

LOL yeah I sensed a bit of joking around, but I agree to some extent. Obviously everyone can have an opinion on the cover - art is open to criticism. But in my opinion, Lana IS very intelligent, and I think I want to wait and see what her next move is before I jump to conclusions. Also, there has been so much discussion about her in the media lately that she may be doing all this on purpose to perpetuate that discussion. 

3 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

ngl i'm already bored M4iIBjD.gif

a day in a life of an LB user: it's either exciting/chaotic or boring to the point where we discuss popsicles flavors, no inbetween 

lights, camera, acción

8 minutes ago, lizzyschemtrails said:

LOL yeah I sensed a bit of joking around, but I agree to some extent. Obviously everyone can have an opinion on the cover - art is open to criticism. But in my opinion, Lana IS very intelligent, and I think I want to wait and see what her next move is before I jump to conclusions. 

I think she is a genius, but ever since the release of Chemtrails she’s been carefree with announcement and releases. I think she’s getting to the point where she just wants to release music without too much commotion. But that might just be because of the pandemic and the messy release of physical copies before the date of release. Idk but I’m excited regardless if we don’t get a big era or of that is the album cover ?.

PLZ but imagine having to put that album cover alongside your vinyl collection ☠️:thumb:

all i'm gonna say is that i've found my love for BTD again after all these years and things were so good back then. it's clear her team doesn't give a shit and neither does she, she's one of the biggest names worldwide (or at least used to be) yet she's acting like a SoundCloud artist

8 minutes ago, lizzyschemtrails said:

LOL yeah I sensed a bit of joking around, but I agree to some extent. Obviously everyone can have an opinion on the cover - art is open to criticism. But in my opinion, Lana IS very intelligent, and I think I want to wait and see what her next move is before I jump to conclusions. Also, there has been so much discussion about her in the media lately that she may be doing all this on purpose to perpetuate that discussion. 

Yeah she knows exactly what she’s doing. 

She only cares about making music for herself that she thinks is beautiful and we know from the entirety of Chemtrails that she doesn’t care about fame or playing the ‘game’ so she is just fucking with everyone when it comes to everything else but the music. 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

4 minutes ago, King of Saigon said:

I think she is a genius, but ever since the release of Chemtrails she’s been carefree with announcement and releases. I think she’s getting to the point where she just wants to release music without too much commotion. But that might just be because of the pandemic and the messy release of physical copies before the date of release. Idk but I’m excited regardless if we don’t get a big era or of that is the album cover ?.

PLZ but imagine having to put that album cover alongside your vinyl collection ☠️:thumb:

I haven’t decided if having a vinyl with that cover will be more upsetting or iconic - perhaps a bit of both. :oopna:

2 minutes ago, expandableclitoris said:

im  pretty sure its something dumb like that. smh

White hot shutters
on the veranda

cryin on the staircase

Blue banisters

:assad:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

33 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

The fact nobody makes this much noise because their album artwork is actually good... she’s incredibly intelligent and we should be having that conversation.

the way she is using her fame and position of power to toy with and openly mock and deconstruct the laser-focus labels and artists themselves use to construct their own image in order to be as marketable as possible...

dismantling the Instagram image-focussed paradigm one single/album cover at a time. Who else is doing that? ?

I'd rather have less noise and better art 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I saw one of those prediction/"insider" accounts say to not get too caught up with Lana and that RCS is a single, not an album. I don't believe those sorts of accounts most of time, just thought it was interesting 

imageproxy.jpg

3 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I think I’ve worked out what Blue Banisters actually means. It’s taken from the concept of the "thin blue line". Which refers to how the police are the the ‘thin blue line’ which keeps society from descending into riots, violence  and chaos.  Lana is basically saying she is peering over the ‘blue banisters’ into the chaos, perhaps looking to step out of her comfort zone from which she feels boxed into.  

The album art also represents this ‘boxed in’ concept. 

is this sarcasm