Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

how Tf is anyone vibing with the snippet? It’s shit. It’s actually shit. Idk what the fuck is up with Lana’s writing taking such a nosedive lately but Jesus wtf is she even trying to do? Girl we don’t ask for much, we just want you to sing about doing drugs and being an angsty sad bitch it ain’t hard! No one can sad twerk to a song about painting banisters, fixing weather vanes and having children!

She can't sing about snorting coke and chasing after sugar daddies forever, if she did it would feel like a regression imo. Sis is almost 36, let's not chastise her for wanting to have kids and a normal peaceful life like most people her age:deadbanana:

if she wrote about men drugs and being a sad bitch now (in the same way she used to) it'd PROBABLY feel forced. and even worse than what she's making since she wouldn't actually feel it. probably. so be careful what you wish for

sUcVobB.png

11 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

how Tf is anyone vibing with the snippet? It’s shit. It’s actually shit. Idk what the fuck is up with Lana’s writing taking such a nosedive lately but Jesus wtf is she even trying to do? Girl we don’t ask for much, we just want you to sing about doing drugs and being an angsty sad bitch it ain’t hard! No one can sad twerk to a song about painting banisters, fixing weather vanes and having children!

mcdonalds-job-application-form-766x1024.

Funny how some of y'all don't want Lana to make an album similar to NFR/Chemtrails because it's repetitive, "uninspired" and needs to do something different, yet want Lana to do the same shit she did with BTD and UV :ma:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Also when you think about the context of songs like Black Beauty and Fine China, what Blue Banisters is shaping up to be is really poignant and beautiful. :xcry: I really, really hope this album contains songs about this culmination point of her life where she’s reflecting on how far she’s come and how she’s found beauty in the things that maybe once bred pain.

It preemptively feels like one of those legacy albums where you think about the circumstances that bore it - and knowing how this last year went for not just Lana, but for all of us, this record could really be one of those albums that serves as a sign of the times, but also stands the test of time. 

I feel as though it's kind of unreasonable to expect Lana to be singing about doing drugs and being a "sad girl" forever. If she does/had done that with every single album of hers, it would grow tired over time. She's not the same person she was 7-10 years ago, and that's perfectly okay. It's also perfectly okay to prefer her older work. But it's important for everyone to realize that no matter what, she is going to evolve and change. Expecting her to be one thing for her entire career isn't fair to her

Spoiler

Also, I've seen quite a few people allude to wanting her to do drugs again and it's so weird?? Who the fuck says that about someone?? 

imageproxy.jpg

i really don’t think u have to be “old” to relate to the lyrics. she’s literally talking about a man who she thought she was going to spend her life with and “fix her” but he left.

the snippet is sad, haunting and i def can see it building up especially since it sounds like the opening verse. black beauty starts with very simple piano chords just like this and turns into something explosive. it’s like everytime we here a piano we think jack ruined it but it’s pretty obvious mike dean took part in this song considering he’s posted about it and jack hasn't 

It’s beautiful. Wow. She and Clay are so sweet in the video clip. I wonder what she meant about the next chapter... for her sake, I hope it means having her Clementine and whatever else she really wants. :wub:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

16 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

oof, a terrible opinion. you're entitled to it i guess, but it doesn't make it better :scoff:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, bel air rose said:

i really don’t think u have to be “old” to relate to the lyrics. she’s literally talking about a man who she thought she was going to spend her life with and “fix her” but he left.

the snippet is sad, haunting and i def can see it building up especially since it sounds like the opening verse. black beauty starts with very simple piano chords just like this and turns into something explosive. it’s like everytime we here a piano we think jack ruined it but it’s pretty obvious mike dean took part in this song considering he’s posted about it and jack hasn't 

Ugh preach, you know you’re my fav by now, don’t you :wub:

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

I feel as though it's kind of unreasonable to expect Lana to be singing about doing drugs and being a "sad girl" forever. If she does/had done that with every single album of hers, it would grow tired over time. She's not the same person she was 7-10 years ago, and that's perfectly okay. It's also perfectly okay to prefer her older work. But it's important for everyone to realize that no matter what, she is going to evolve and change. Expecting her to be one thing for her entire career isn't fair to her

Hide contents

Also, I've seen quite a few people allude to wanting her to do drugs again and it's so weird?? Who the fuck says that about someone?? 

I mean, there are idiots (using a polite term, rather than the one I actually want to use) who wish that she was still depressed. It takes all sorts to make up a fanbase, even those who hate the person they think they love.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Blue Banisters truly is beautiful, sad,

idk how y'all are complaining, already calling it boring, - she's reaching for a man to take away her pain, it's giving me black beauty vibes, and who is to say there is not a shake your ass moment on the album, we all know lana has a foot fetish with clay, so y'all need to relax with the whole complaining. its truly revealing you need to Stan someone who does radio hits. 

sis was smoking a cigarette in Texas a month ago, so y'all need to calm down about her being "too mature" like the song feels deep, not some bop like cherry to twerk to (love her too tho)

I’m sorry but the bit where she goes “paint my banisters blue... blue banisters oooh” I can’t help but cringe. Girlie really thought she was writing her magnum opus with that line :prettyhurts:

Sorry to be bitter I know y’all are excited but I am just not feeling it..... I desperately need her to make a record with HEAT again :air2:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce: