Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Clay posted a blue heart as a comment under the snippet :wub: I like the continuity of her favorite color connecting so many of her songs... all the way from kissin’ in the blue dark to now.

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

The clip is so beautiful!! It’s Jack‘s piano chords and Mike’s ambient soundscape. I love Jack but I am happy to see someone else steer the sound of the song because some of Jack’s songs are good but cheesy, and the second half of Chemtrails made me feel Lana x Jack  is becoming creatively stagnant. That ambient whispery sound on Blue Banisters tho! I guess that came from Mike Dean. It’s so dreamy and meditative and just slightly uneasy. The lyrics and tone remind me of Fine China. That ambient fuzz kind of reminds me of Heroin but more minimal.

the snippet made me tear up a little! so gorgeous! i want her to get everything she wants in life so badly! she deserves every blessing

when she says" take away my pain" it reminds of another song that i can't place. it's driving me crazy... what is it?

i haven't listened to the snippet but i hope she tags someone in it (a producer, director, someone) so we can get more of a sense of the creative direction of this record. the colors are beautiful as well!!

i'm not really at a point in my life where i'm looking for something toned down.. stripped down... quite. subtle. whatnot. if this is toned down, i'll probably not be quite ready for it yet.... i'll catch up with lana in a few years. but if it does end up matching what i'm looking for/needing/craving, god bless elizabeth :trisha:

sUcVobB.png

loving these descriptions, keep em coming ladies! :trisha: can't wait until June 20th when it inevitably leaks 2 weeks early :trisha:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

One thing about me is that I always forget what the snippets sound like no matter how many times I listen to them :bebe: I completely forget what TJF sounded like until the album came out and I had the "oh yeah, now I remember" moment lol. I've been able to remember the snippet for Blue Banisters, though, so I'm taking that as a good sign

imageproxy.jpg

as long as we've banished jack, nikki and folk from her albums i think we're safe

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

38 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

manifesting 

our brainwaves are on the same path, sylvia plath yessssssss

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

as long as we've banished jack, nikki and folk from her albums i think we're safe

UNLESS jack can step up to the producer role and make it sound bigger and more... idk interesting. i need something more than just what cocc left us with

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Chemtrails was finished last July basically and in November she confirmed it was all done. I dont think this new record has anything to do with chemtrails to be honest. 

Mike Dean is one of the best and most notable hip hop producers in the industry, and is known for his synths. choosing him means she wanted to go in that direction for the record sonically

1 hour ago, Pale Fire said:

how Tf is anyone vibing with the snippet? It’s shit. It’s actually shit. Idk what the fuck is up with Lana’s writing taking such a nosedive lately but Jesus wtf is she even trying to do? Girl we don’t ask for much, we just want you to sing about doing drugs and being an angsty sad bitch it ain’t hard! No one can sad twerk to a song about painting banisters, fixing weather vanes and having children!

she's almost 40 bitch it's time to grow up

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 hour ago, lizzyschemtrails said:

Album concept (not saying this is what I want the album to be specifically, but this vibe would be really cool)

Blue Banisters

Thunder

Rock Candy Sweet

Yes to Heaven

Wild on You

Cherry Blossom

Rehab (Pretty Baby)

Dealer

Velvet Crowbar

Pawn Shop Blues

Roses Bloom For You

Maybe also adding Living Legend to this... possibly even Hey Blue Baby 

I don't think the MV is recycled. She was pretty clear this time about the videos from Chemtrails. She called COCC the first video and White Dress the second (while having already filmed the BB one) so she made this with at least the new album in mind.

giphy.gif

the chord progression in Blue Banister swarms me with a feeling like i'm being submerged in water, baptized by her vocals

it also feels like she's gonna go harder in the song?  the way she is  almost* shouting when she sings "take awayyyy my pain"

I hope Dealer is on this album

1 minute ago, paradisetropico said:

the chord progression in Blue Banister swarms me with a feeling like i'm being submerged in water, baptized by her vocals

it also feels like she's gonna go harder in the song?  the way she is  almost* shouting when she sings "take awayyyy my pain"

I hope Dealer is on this album

I got the exact same feeling - it definitely evokes a lot of emotion. I can imagine the instrumentals becoming more grand as the song goes on, kind of like Chemtrails, but way more cinematic sounding.