Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, Contemplating God said:

Right. She made "Lust for Life" for the fans, and I think that will be the last pop oriented album going forward. Whatever we thought about Norman, it clearly marked her transition into singer/songwriter territory.

yes and no. we didn’t get anything pop/bop oriented since lfl/nfr so one side of me heavily agrees and i don’t see that ever happen again. on the other side if she showed us one thing yesterday it’s that she’s a random ass bitch, who after 10 years still surprises me. so i think another more pop oriented sound could still happen again one day, maybe in a more mature way. nfr still had cinnamon which is the closest to her old "pop bangers" yet it was on nfr, the furthest thing from said bangers. let’s just wait and see, anything’s possible with her and who knows maybe one day she’ll surprise us with another pop masterpiece. 

Just now, lanasbottom said:

yes and no. we didn’t get anything pop/bop oriented since lfl/nfr so one side of me heavily agrees and i don’t see that ever happen again. on the other side if she showed us one thing yesterday it’s that she’s a random ass bitch, who after 10 years still surprises me. so i think another more pop oriented sound could still happen again one day, maybe in a more mature way. nfr still had cinnamon which is the closest to her old "pop bangers" yet it was on nfr, the furthest thing from said bangers. let’s just wait and see, anything’s possible with her and who knows maybe one day she’ll surprise us with another pop masterpiece. 

i think fuck it i love you was sort of a bop, so i still think she can serve them, just not in the full on BTD lolita way

22 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

He made comments it wasn’t about the lyrics/sound of the songs, and it’s something she’s never done before!

I really feel like the lyrics and the sound of the songs are something she's never done before so I'm not sure why he made that distinction LOL

So I‘ve listened to the singles yesterday evening, and Blue Banisters absolutely blew me away, that song could easily be one of Lana‘s best songs she has ever released. The way this song combines sadness and empowerment of getting over a relationship is just incredible. Also only Lana could Name her album after Blue Banisters… I don’t get how you all complain about the covers, they‘re not the best but she stayed original and did her own thing! This era just started and Blue Banisters will definitely be my Album of the year.

lana you have done it again!

The voice crack on Wildflower Wildfire reminds me of Emilie Autumn in a strange way. The songs have more wild vocals compared to Chemtrails, so I hope the album will have more of that

43 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

Completely agree with this! 
as for bangers or hits or « pop » songs, we might have better chances with her collabs. I’m curious to hear her Bleachers collab, it could be a bop (though I am prepared to be disappointed if all she does is mumble three lines on the background)

some of you guys just need to accept the fact that you may never be getting another album like btd. it'd be very odd for her to do something hip-hop or a song that isn't a ballad during this time due to everything going on around her. 

1 minute ago, cinnamongirI said:

some of you guys just need to accept the fact that you may never be getting another album like btd. it'd be very odd for her to do something hip-hop or a song that isn't a ballad during this time due to everything going on around her. 

idk why people want a 35 year old woman to make another album she mostly recorded in her twenties. 

faSE.gif

Nobody reliable has had a time frame of a preorder. Typically when an artist releases a single it’s followed by a preorder but that’s not been the case with Lana since Honeymoon. LFL, NFR, and COTCC all released a song and no preorder for months afterwards 

(LFL is excused since the single was leaked and that seemed to really throw everything off)

"Don’t forget me"

10 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

I mean BTD had a lot of ballads just trip hop flavoured , just because she’s in her 30s doesn’t mean she can’t deliver an uptempo ,not that I’m dissing the new releases as I cannot hear them yet properly.

11 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

idk why people want a 35 year old woman to make another album she mostly recorded in her twenties. 

idk why people want a 35 year old woman to make another album she's already done before.

Why would you want an imitation of something that's already been done rather than something new? One of the major things I love about Lana is that she keeps evolving while somehow staying very uniquely and distinctly Lana throughout all of it. Her trying to re-create BTD now would only sound and be disingenuous and a regression, and not because she was a weaker songwriter back then, but because it wouldn't actually fit with her true story, life, and evolution.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Mike said they would continue working together after this record, and after getting all of this off her chest it makes sense Lana would probably want to have a little fun to lift her spirits... this is either going to be very freeing for her or constricting if people continue to blatantly misinterpret her words idk... I wouldn’t completely rule out pop, hip hop, or rnb album in the future tho

Also I don’t want to start drama but can we not do the “since she’s 35 now...” thing..... asking as a 22 year old woman. We shouldn’t have to have this convo every pre release lmfao 

UbsOye5.png

9 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

probably cause that’s who most of us fell in love with ? i don’t see what’s so hard to grasp here. honeymoon is barely 6 years old, lfl 3 and a half... some of you constantly act as if wanting another record in that direction was the craziest thing to expect/ask for as if she hadn’t had that sound in 30 years. hip-hop/pop sound ≠ born to die. i literally haven’t seen anyone asking her to make another born to die or to copy one of her old albums. wanting hip-hop/experimental influences doesn’t mean we want btd 2.0 :eyeroll2:

1 minute ago, Sugar Venom said:

Also I don’t want to start drama but can we not do the “since she’s 35 now...” thing..... asking as a 22 year old woman. We shouldn’t have to have this convo every pre release lmfao 

Preach you :mariah: