Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Honestly at this point I’d almost be disappointed if the album cover isn’t that selfie because she sure is using it a lot. :shh2: I like it anyway. An edited selfie is a perfect visual representation of an album that gets so candid about her life. :agree2: And tbh, the more I look at it, I kinda think it’d look great on a vinyl sleeve, even that partial border since lots of old records have those on them. :oic3:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

that's definitely the album cover lmao let's pray for an alt cover this time

it's still better than cocc's standard cover tho 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I vowed to never support record labels on interference and forcing artists to change concept/art/whatever. I think that's a really horrible thing to do

However, 

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

16 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i don't think interscope will EVER let lana get away with that selfie as an album cover, but who knows.

I feel the same. She has been giving selfies as cover since NFR! and there is no cover worse than the Venice Bitch buzz single. That cover looks like she zoomed in to the max

Also I may hope Lana wants to have a decent album. I’d take her music less serious when she’d use a selfie for something that’s forever. 

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

I hope the first 'Blue Banisters' photo is the cover art instead (or something else entirely) but it really does seem like this selfie is gonna be the real cover... :icant:

Okay but now this picture thing has gone too far there must be something we’re missing about it or its significance idk  is she trying to convey a secret message to her fans:pout:

Appropriating of the theory that someone said:

She wrote "Do you think if I go blonde, we could get our old love back?" in TB that could be a reference to her childhood.

Since she's blonde in the picture, it could mean that the album is going to talk about her past? Not just her childhood, but her whole time as Lizzy Grant? 

The rawness of the pic could be her saying: take a look at who I really am. The DIY is very Lizzy Grant.

And we also have the theory of "the ugliest the cover, the most intimate, revealing a tragic the track is". I can't remember who elaborate them, but it was someone on here

1 minute ago, rhubysyrup said:

Okay but now this picture thing has gone too far there must be something we’re missing about it or its significance idk  is she trying to convey a secret message to her fans:pout:

From what I can tell of her facial expression is anger, sadness and misunderstood.

The music video for COtCC was filmed before the 5th of September. Something happened there

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

40 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i don't think interscope will EVER let lana get away with that selfie as an album cover, but who knows.

bestie i hate to tell you this but they let her get away w the chemtrails cover... any things possible at this point:deadbanana:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

On 5/8/2021 at 4:19 PM, Super Movie said:

I'd be kind of here for a song about Patty on this album :sass: Although that's probably just my issues with my own mother talking lol 

"My father never stepped in

When his wife would rage at me..."

6 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

bestie i hate to tell you this but they let her get away w the chemtrails cover... any things possible at this point:deadbanana:

And people bought the vinyls like candy, myself included, lol! They don’t care lol. They know her fan base will buy whatever!

On 5/8/2021 at 4:49 PM, Bunny Mozart said:

I do a lot of singing myself so I think I could explain her change in vocals and why they're not as good as her previous work:

Simply put, COCC's vocals are very sparse in terms of using vibrato, breath control, chest voice etc. Instead, Lana is using her head voice a lot (which isn't ideal considering she's obviously more comfortable singing lower with her chest), and there isn't a lot of vibrato going on. Now if I were to sing songs from COCC, it wouldn't take much effort for me to sing them because there just isn't a lot of skill behind her use of vocals on that album.

If I were to sing songs from BTD (Million Dollar Man, Cola), as well as UV (Black Beauty, The Other Woman), I would need to use my vocal chords a LOT more, especially the vibrato (the part where singers voice goes 'wobbly' when they hold out a note).

So basically for Blue Banisters, Lana needs to get back to where her vocals are more comfortable (chest voice, contralto) which will create a more thick and fuller sound. That's what has been lacking with COCC in terms of singing. I feel like the COCC music wouldn't sound so 'empty' or 'weak' if Lana didn't use her head voice (light, breathy vocals). 

God I hope this makes sense. Sorry for rambling :rollin:

I swear she really does pay attention to us. 'Text Book' is all this and so much more of what we've been asking for. It's like she called it 'Text Book' because it's in the oeuvre of all those old-school moody, dramatic tracks that we pine for. Kind of like she's paying homage to that style whilst having a little dig at us for wanting textbook Lana tracks. Especially with it being a year since QFFT. And I'm totally here for it (never mind the Patti dig on WW, lol.)

3 minutes ago, DLT said:

And people bought the vinyls like candy, myself included, lol! They don’t care lol. They know her fan base will buy whatever!

very true! i deff still gave lana her coin. :trisha:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose