Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

On 5/8/2021 at 9:43 PM, TrashMagiq said:

Y'all think she brought in em Mike Dean beats to sing about Oklahoma? 

Mariah Carey - UKMIX Forums

Um...yes as it turns out, lol.

"She asked me where they're from

I said, "A place I don't remember"

Oh, Oklahoma"

53 minutes ago, subversive light said:

I vowed to never support record labels on interference and forcing artists to change concept/art/whatever. I think that's a really horrible thing to do

However, 

that's how we got the masterpiece of the nfr cover though... we would have 3 bad official covers in a row if it wasn't for interference

53 minutes ago, new gods said:

imagine if she used one of her baby pictures as the album cover. instantly iconic. 

WaiT. this would actually be so iconic

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

1 minute ago, 1212 said:

that's how we got the masterpiece of the nfr cover though... we would have 3 bad official covers in a row if it wasn't for interference

FOR REAL? I had no clue about this, it's literally her best cover from the past few years.

Maybe only BTD cover can top NFR's, just maybe

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

if the selfie really is the album cover, i understand the simplicity and candidness she was going for however i just wish it would be done with more poise and not a picsart filter :-( like the UV album cover is so simple, white tshirt in black and white and she looks so beautiful and it emulates the album perfectly. just wish BB would have this vibe too. i really hope the album cover is not the selfie 

The Blue Banisters album cover being the picture she keeps using would become the dictionary definition of "so not camp that it's camp" 

imageproxy.jpg

It would be iconic if that becomes the BB cover, but right now, I’m thinking it’s only for the single because her FaceBook and YouTube headers use that picture and it says “Blue Banisters out now”, which can only refer to the single. 

She’s changed her headers to reflect singles that have come out before the album in previous eras, so I think we have yet to see the actual album cover. But I totally would not be surprised if we’ve already seen the cover and would be here for it! 

1 hour ago, subversive light said:

I vowed to never support record labels on interference and forcing artists to change concept/art/whatever. I think that's a really horrible thing to do

However, 

i think everyone involved somewhat knew NFR would garner tons of acclaim and that's why they made her change the cover to make it appear more artsy. now they just let her do whatever :et:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

The only thing that semi-bugs me is that someone pointed out the text book cover looks like she has sores or eyes on her chest and I can’t unsee it. On the other hand, that comparison reminds me of Dr Sandra Lee Pimple Popper and I’m obsessed with her so...winner winner chicken dinner :et:

I wonder why we never got the blue banisters MV. I kinda would have hoped Lana would namedrop Clay. Was it just a teaser? Idk but Blue banisters is so beautiful and atmospheric ahhh. I love how she’s going full force with these selphies. Sis really meant it when she said she’s wild at heart and I love it. 

i think this would be the perfect album to release on her birthday if she's telling her story

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I’m getting anxiety thinking about the rollout lol

Lana needs vinyls for that good first week sales but vinyl production is still months delayed. Pitchfork, AV Club, and those publications will continue to misconstrue her lyrics. It’s going to be an uphill battle to repair her image. 

I never minded the selfie and although I miss the BTD mega-glam and UV rocker chick vibes, an album cover isn’t super important to me (although I know it is to some people) and will gladly buy the car selfie on vinyl 

I think the very first BB picture (the selfie with Blue Banisters in blue that @Diamantes WILD posted) has strong ‘album cover’ vibes since it clearly wasn’t the single cover, but when the music speaks for itself I don’t mind what the cover is. My only real complaint is getting the same selfie for all three songs, but them all being slightly different, I’d prefer them to be the same. 

"Don’t forget me"

lol the defiance of using the picture everywhere, kinda love it

i really like the rock candy sweet version of the selphie and hope that one gets used more or at least once on an official profile pic or the cover or single art

goodnight all