Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I think that something from her label / distributor is always more reliable than a major publication, because they now do write a lot of their articles based on social media posts from the artists themselves. And in Lana’s case... :toofunny:

I find interesting that Universal is posting about that date... It gives me hope that maybe it could still happen July 4. 

tbf Universal Music Poland confirmed Love was getting a physical release back in 2017 :rip: regional subdivisions usually dont have the tea

image.png

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I think that something from her label / distributor is always more reliable than a major publication, because they now do write a lot of their articles based on social media posts from the artists themselves. And in Lana’s case... :toofunny:

I find interesting that Universal is posting about that date... It gives me hope that maybe it could still happen July 4. 

Ooh, that's true! Plus, if I remember correctly, didn't some international division of her label confirm July 21st before she did? I remember Paris Match magazine as being one of the more noteworthy reporters of the July 21st date, but I think some UMG division overseas must have also confirmed it. Same with Chemtrails, I think, they confirmed it would be out in March before the pre-order went up. I'm hopeful about July 4th too! :party:

55 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

And it looks as if she’s got large grey sores here and there. How did those pass muster? 

Because they look exactly like Lana wanted them. It‘s actually awesome seeing how she is healing from TB (wounds & cold colors) -> WW -> BB (bruises & warm colors) and that‘s probably also the reason why she released all three: Together they tell a story.

The thing that BOZ said about don't be negative about the release tells me that this is a calculated and planned/spread-out release where she is releasing in maybe... cycles? and the first ones out are the three most narrative ones all intertwining a theme about her past and herself. And this first cycle there is no interviews, no posts, no promo because they are her most personal songs yet and she knows the news and media will ask her about her mother, abuse, and the picture she is using, which she doesn't want to elaborate on...these songs were for the fans. a quiet release to begin telling her story. Now that this is just the beginning Im expecting as we move closer to the real release she moves on and release the lead that may not be as personal or revealing. And We most likely still have a high budget video coming since she followed colinseyes. 

the July 4th release date is just iconic - Lana being known as americana obsessed and making July 4th about her...

it just screams iconicry to me :diva:

Lana literally said her record (whatever that means, album or single) is titled Rock Candy Sweet
How do we know it’s the same song as Loved You Then?
She recycles lyrics 
And even if it’s the same song, she might’ve changed the title 
Also… RCS may not even contain that lyric (like NFR/Venice Beach)

One last thing
Are we sure the insiders have the final album? I don’t see why Lana couldn’t have changed it since then

48 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

The thing that BOZ said about don't be negative about the release tells me that this is a calculated and planned/spread-out release where she is releasing in maybe... cycles? and the first ones out are the three most narrative ones all intertwining a theme about her past and herself. And this first cycle there is no interviews, no posts, no promo because they are her most personal songs yet and she knows the news and media will ask her about her mother, abuse, and the picture she is using, which she doesn't want to elaborate on...these songs were for the fans. a quiet release to begin telling her story. Now that this is just the beginning Im expecting as we move closer to the real release she moves on and release the lead that may not be as personal or revealing. And We most likely still have a high budget video coming since she followed colinseyes. 

I agree. The songs may come out on threes, or in some other untraditional manner. Why not? 

So: are the marks on her chest, the grey spots, sores or whatever they are, are they there on purpose? As symbolic scars or wounds? In the 70s, the Alan Parsons Project released an album called 'Eve' which two attractive women on the cover, dressed up and wearing veils, but if you look closely, you see they're scarred. 

The haunting back vocals n dawn drones/instrumentation make TB the best. The chorus sounds rehashed but it also reminds u of like stumbling before walking forward. 

BB is the most enchanting drenched and tender. 

WW is a cold powerhouse. 

TB > BB = WW

We need the next chapter, the music’s absolutely numbing. 

UV/Honeymoon

Ok so this is definitely not going to happen but I feel like I need to say this. The vocals, the mindset and some of the production (especially the beginning of TB) give me very strong AKA vibes. She revisits her childhood and her daddy issues as well. The artwork also reminds me a bit of that era.

This, the fact that it's been released in a group of 3, BoZ saying that she's revisiting old stuff, and her saying that she's going to tell her own story makes me wonder if this is going to be an album with different sections, portraying her feelings and mindset during each era of her life with matching production. Her working with Mike could mean they reproduce the vibe of her different albums with songs in groups of 3 in a big ol' album.

I'm just reading this back and wow I've really gone off the rails. It's like my delusion became so strong it collapsed in on itself like a star and turned into something else... Something worse

Please send help :crying2:

1 minute ago, cinnamongirI said:

im still amazed at how basic wildflower wildfire is.. mike you better step up the game

Her voice and lyrics are powerful enough there 

no need to overshadow her 

plus the end is perfect 

15 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

So: are the marks on her chest, the grey spots, sores or whatever they are, are they there on purpose? As symbolic scars or wounds? In the 70s, the Alan Parsons Project released an album called 'Eve' which two attractive women on the cover, dressed up and wearing veils, but if you look closely, you see they're scarred. 

1 hour ago, COCC said:

Because they look exactly like Lana wanted them. It‘s actually awesome seeing how she is healing from TB (wounds & cold colors) -> WW -> BB (bruises & warm colors) and that‘s probably also the reason why she released all three: Together they tell a story.

:eartha2:

I think the ugliness of the selfie covers is a conscious choice, forcing people to focus on the music and the writing, which I can’t argue with strategically - they are near-objectively poor images of course, but I think she just feels done with the promotional cycle bullshit, as nice as it is for us to experience, it clearly doesn’t gel with her personality or priorities. She was slated for so long for leaning on presentation and aesthetics (a BIZARRE criticism from every angle), so she’s deliberately throwing in the towel on that front.

And hey, I’m down, I just hope to God it ain’t the album cover, though I’ve never liked any of her album covers since BTD. NFR was an amazing image, ruined by the obnoxious Pop Art typeface and its conceptual and aesthetic  incongruence with the cover’s painterly reference to the real Norman Rockwell. I also want her to do a textless cover at some point.

2 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i love the song but i'm also still looking for MORE from mr mike

yeah the lyrics are amazing tho. the thing is we need SYNTHS and ELECTRIC GUITAR. if mike can’t do that then we still have mr zach 

29 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

im still amazed at how basic wildflower wildfire is.. mike you better step up the game

It’s like my fave at the moment ?

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Does anyone else kind of get 'mixtape' vibes from this project, rather than 'album' vibes so to speak. Obviously there's little promo/artwork effort and with the casual release it just feels different. Also I feel like the sequence of title track placement could be broken here - not sure if I see an album opening with Blue Banisters as it lacks an introduction. Obviously hard to say at this point but it seems like quite a mid album track to me for some reason.