Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Let's be real, there are much worse covers out there on albums that have sold millions of copies. Get the fuck over it. You don't have to like it, no one is forcing you to. Example:

Hide contents

81s+i2hv-eL._SL1500_.jpg

As alien as this was. The focus was centered, the font meshed with the details of the motor parts. It was tailored and fit. I love her, but this cover. Nope 

even the mariner’s cover which a lot of people disliked. was tailored. And styled. 

UV/Honeymoon

6 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Let's be real, there are much worse covers out there on albums that have sold millions of copies. Get the fuck over it. You don't have to like it, no one is forcing you to. Example:

Hide contents

81s+i2hv-eL._SL1500_.jpg

idgaf this cover EATS I wish she kept it this way :nails:

ANYWAY the Joan painting should be the album cover imagine it on a vinyl w a baby blue record :wub: id cum 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

5 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

It's so stupid and ridiculous, way worse than a selfie

but I liked the music

i know some people feel differently, but even if i don't really like an album cover, it doesn't really affect how i feel about the music itself, i never liked the album cover for "she hangs brightly" by mazzy star, yet i still think it's a great album, although i think a folk/alt. rock band from the 90s that wasn't as well-known (at the time) is different from a pretty well-known alternative artist who's known for her aesthetics and visuals, i don't think blue banisters' cover is objectively good, definitely not, but if that's the album cover, i won't be that angry about it, i care more about the music at the end of the day, but i understand why people may feel differently

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

17 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i know some people feel differently, but even if i don't really like an album cover, it doesn't really affect how i feel about the music itself, i never liked the album cover for "she hangs brightly" by mazzy star, yet i still think it's a great album, although i think a folk/alt. rock band from the 90s that wasn't as well-known (at the time) is different from a pretty well-known alternative artist who's known for her aesthetics and visuals, i don't think blue banisters' cover is objectively good, definitely not, but if that's the album cover, i won't be that angry about it, i care more about the music at the end of the day, but i understand why people may feel differently

also whether we mean to or not, a cover is stuck in our minds while listening to the music and if it’s noticeably terrible, it may affect ur listening experience or ur initial thoughts at least. i think it’s really difficult for a lot of us to separate the visual from the music because it’s always been connected- especially with lana, she’s made that a point since the start of her career, idk what changed 

2 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

She’s owning the whole narrative that her artworks are “bad” by making that selfie the artwork. I don’t see how that’s different from Taylor Swift, for example, owning her reputation of being a “snake” and employing the snake as a symbol for her album. Yes, it’s not aesthetically pleasing compared to her other covers, but that is the whole point.

For anyone who’s struggling to reconcile the cover and her usual creative output, maybe frame it like this: Lana’s true genius is in her intent and artists provoke thought, even if it’s not conventionally appealing. She’s doing just that, which, to me, shows artistic growth/evolution (in a sense)! 

Agreed. I think it's pretty clear what she's doing at this point and that it's not just her being lazy. The media has been brutal to her for her whole career and she has been very vocal about that and her desire for revenge. She looks so fed up on the cover, like she's just staring at the camera and thinking about all the shit she's been unfairly put through, and she's not going to accept it any longer. Of course she knew how people reacted when she first posted that cover, and then she proceeded to use the exact same image for all 3 singles, and hasn't said a word about it aside from briefly posting on Instagram and then deleting. I think she knows exactly what she's doing and this is all a part of her revenge. I personally think it's fascinating, especially given how brilliant the music is so far. Three of the best songs of her career and releasing them all together was a genius move. I'm surprised there isn't more press on the music but I wouldn't be surprised if the media is a little anxious about how to deal with her right now. Can't wait to see what comes next.

it's becoming a lot realer than from before. the directness of the music meeting concrete, starting w how cocc obliterated a lot of her past work w it's apparent mundane (considered by many) I think was a resting period and another measure of her patience in how she edited LFL for the fans. 

that's why the music's a lot more dynamic, and perhaps it may be distressing how the covers seemed to be rehashed, it's obviously invited a lot more mental speculation. it could be a device, and unless the edges and edits are part of her creating an aesthetic quilt that she may later reveal (see the tape, edges), it still doesn't mean that we're not allowed to discuss how the covers can be tailored a bit more polished and refined. also, speculation's always going to be invited due to that contrast in how her start the visuals were very much filled with direct intent and precision. 

it shifted a bit, at least in reception at the start of LFL. LFL was her camp album. she niched her sound to her past work for it.
NFR was mixed at least here, but users wanted more dynamism when for her, it was a healing period, and reorientation of how her music was to be taken in. 
COCC is shaping more and more as a breath of hers to take a break, following the heavy heartbreak that NFR portrayed. 

in the past 3 releases. the music is a lot more upfront, less misty. 

I still stand by how i genuinely love cocc's original cover no matter how others may receive it, and the single covers will probably most likely not be the album cover, and at least better than the doin time single cover from some (woman was decent, gave french eerie), but I still think that the singles would'n't've done much harm in the contemplation of her thought provoking devices if the lefthand bottom corner was taken care of better, detail wise, as well as the insertion of the focus frames. 

the concerning is centered in the possible permanence of them, and whether or not it'll be regretted. 

lots of thoughts as to why, but two cents. 

it gives me these vibes: 

Spoiler

8SDzKee.jpg

UV/Honeymoon

1 hour ago, Diamantes WILD said:

here's a cropped version of the selfie 

Hide contents

KZ4jER7.jpg

diff from:
or the difference in this is that the artist knew when to stop embellishing. 

Exactly!  The original photo is beautiful. To be honest, I wouldn't mind if she used it for the album and singles cover if the editions were better.

2 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Exactly!  The original photo is beautiful. To be honest, I wouldn't mind if she used it for the album and singles cover if the editions were better.

I disliked how she seemed washed out in it at first, and then the sprucing came w the covers, and if it were implemented w a little bit more care, I think it'd be stronger and be even more uniform. 

their editing, less on banisters, would make the average listener think a little bit more to focus on that particular track, than the lessening of her own details for the others. which can be construed as inconsistent to the narrative n how the releases came out the same day altogether. 

but short answer, I agree too

UV/Honeymoon

I like how the cover art for the singles reflect the "writing my own story" narrative, with her in between the quotation marks and them being textured like pages of a book. I also agree that them being a simple selfie and looking like they were edited on her phone only adds to the factor of authenticity that's reflected in the songs themselves. It's clear that there's thought behind them. She might just be too ahead of her time. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPM_QfmpoUg/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Think this 7:00 track is Lana

Just now, bel air rose said:

LMAO

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

On 5/22/2021 at 2:56 AM, synecdoche2 said:

I wonder if she thinks she looks like her mother in that selfie...

I actually get serious Linda Henning vibes from it TBH, but I don't think even Lana would wanna be tapping into that whole debacle; witchy vibes are one thing, lizard reptilian overlords is another, lol.

1 hour ago, DCooper said:

Agreed. I think it's pretty clear what she's doing at this point and that it's not just her being lazy. The media has been brutal to her for her whole career and she has been very vocal about that and her desire for revenge. She looks so fed up on the cover, like she's just staring at the camera and thinking about all the shit she's been unfairly put through, and she's not going to accept it any longer. Of course she knew how people reacted when she first posted that cover, and then she proceeded to use the exact same image for all 3 singles, and hasn't said a word about it aside from briefly posting on Instagram and then deleting. I think she knows exactly what she's doing and this is all a part of her revenge. I personally think it's fascinating, especially given how brilliant the music is so far. Three of the best songs of her career and releasing them all together was a genius move. I'm surprised there isn't more press on the music but I wouldn't be surprised if the media is a little anxious about how to deal with her right now. Can't wait to see what comes next.

I also agree! I just want to add that I‘m still convinced that these three singles tell one story. One about being hurt, one about learning to control yourself and one about healing with your friends / chosen family. It cant be a coincidence that the covers of TB and WW have the wounds at the exact same places on her chest. And it can‘t be a coincidence that the background colors change from only blue to red and blue to only yellow. Also that her right eye is so big on the cover of TB and WW while it‘s normal sized on the cover of BB.

6 minutes ago, May said:

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/355344-blue-banisters-album-cover/

pls tell me this is some weirdo fake insider on Twitter making stuff up again

It‘s beautiful :ohno:

4 minutes ago, May said:

Wait I actually would like this

this album is definitely all about self introspection and reflection. I think just a photo of her makes sense. It’s really not all that different than her other covers once the shitty filters are removed :rip: 

8 minutes ago, May said:

they’re giving her too much credit....she won’t even edit the background or anything like that i promise

any edits she adds will make the picture WORSE not better i promise 

Yeah I don’t hate that cover tbh. I do think she genuinely looks great in that pic and that makes it look *almost* professionally done