Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I feel like there's a strong chance this could be her self-titled moment with the nonstop quotation marks around her. 

"Lana Del Rey"

She clearly hated being blonde so idk why she insists on using that 55 times, seriously.

At LEAST give us a consolation prize and go back to the blonde hair if she likes it sm

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I can’t wait now to see what she has planned for the next weeks / months... :excited: The next single will give us more indications of the overall sound of BB, if there are some songs with bigger production and - or lighter tone.

DEL REY "I don’t really care if you mush an amazing life story into an alternative record. If the melodies don’t stun me, I kind of don’t care. I think it’s interesting if you’re yelling and shouting and talking about where you’re going and what it’s been like, but to me that’s not a record. That’s a therapy session. 

ANTONOFF: You could have a great idea for something, but if you can’t find a beautiful melody, then maybe it’s just a podcast. 

DEL REY: And that’s where the poetry comes in. It’s a diary you should read for Audible or something." 

feel like shit, just want HER back:eartha2:

Text Book is so perfect... I can’t even deal with how beautiful that song is. The lyrics, her voice, the production. A masterpiece. I know she’s gonna slay us with this album. Also, I don’t remember enjoying the lead singles from Chemtrails half as much so I have high hopes!

ANYWAYS, I'm excited to see the guitars back , we must thank Daddy Mike :smokes: hopefully they're electric this time and not acoustic tho :toofloppy:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

2 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

So anyway, what if this selphie is gonna be like Andy Warhol pop art type shit and the album cover will just be it repeated 9 or 12 times?

yup9z6d.jpg

Giving me flashbacks to this monstrosity…..

FE5ACFAB-BECF-4BD6-8D69-110D5D1C2FAE.jpe

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

On 5/21/2021 at 2:36 AM, gsnlp said:

I only think she sings some things off rhythm.

it feels more like rubato, taking some time from certain words and giving extra time to others, but ending up on the same beat in the end.

i guess its up to you if she did it well, but i think that was the intention at least.

I think the album will totally have more upbeat songs , you know that she doesn't care choosing slower songs as singles especially when they are strong lyrically like HIADT and WW

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Honestly I’m still shocked about her management. I really can’t think of a situation where an artist as big as Lana would give random dates and random titles in the same months of their last records’ release and get away with it. Interscope/Tap management should’ve deleted those posts immediately. 

Perhaps--perhaps--the 'revenge' was meant to be directed against her parents? TB and WW present a fairly bad, if very likely honest, portrayal of her parents within certain limited contexts. I'm still wondering 'if the issue of her' refers to her mother, thus presenting a tight Electra-complex scenario--"I'm in love with my father and hate my competition for him, my mother.' It's possible. Or it could just be another woman the police boyfriend and father-stand in was interested in and became a wedge between them. 

Tori Amos has written, in 'Bliss' especially a very graphic and direct attack on her father or 'father image,' father archetype. It's full of incest references. She says, "he wants into mine" and refers to his "supernova juice." As a song, it went right over the heads of 99% of her Stans. Releasing it seems to have freed her from her father complex and rage against 'the patriarchy.' 

Father I killed my monkey
I let it out to taste the sweet of spring
Wonder if I will wander out
Test my tether to see if I'm still free from you

Steady as it comes right down to you
I've said it all
So maybe we're a bliss of another kind I said
A bliss of another kind I said

Lately I'm in to circuitry
What it means to be
Made of you but not enough of you
And I wonder if you can bilocate
Is that what I taste
Your supernova juice?

You know it's true
I'm a part of you

I've said it all

I've said it all
So maybe you're a four horse engine with a power drive I said
A hot kachina who wants into mine I said

Take it, take it with your terra- terra- terracide

And I said steady as it comes right down to you
I've said it all

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Perhaps--perhaps--the 'revenge' was meant to be directed against her parents? TB and WW present a fairly bad, if very likely honest, portrayal of her parents within certain limited contexts. I'm still wondering 'if the issue of her' refers to her mother, thus presenting a tight Electra-complex scenario--"I'm in love with my father and hate my competition for him, my mother.' It's possible. Or it could just be another woman the police boyfriend and father-stand in was interested in and became a wedge between them. 

Tori Amos has written, in 'Bliss' especially a very graphic and direct attack on her father or 'father image,' father archetype. It's full of incest references. She says, "he wants into mine" and refers to his "supernova juice." As a song, it went right over the heads of 99% of her Stans. Releasing it seems to have freed her from her father complex and rage against 'the patriarchy.' 

Father I killed my monkey
I let it out to taste the sweet of spring
Wonder if I will wander out
Test my tether to see if I'm still free from you

I've said it all

Lately I'm in to circuitry
What it means to be
Made of you but not enough of you
And I wonder if you can bilocate
Is that what I taste
Your supernova juice?

You know it's true
I'm a part of you

I've said it all

I've said it all
So maybe you're a four horse engine with a power drive I said
A hot kachina who wants into mine I said

Take it, take it with your terra- terra- terracide

And I said steady as it comes right down to you
I've said it all

i also got some freudian vibes from these songs.... an uncomfortable topic but definitely interesting. 

what if she's releasing the next three singles on june 1st, with rock candy sweet being the lead of the three...

the way blue banisters was the lead for text book and wildflower wildfire?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

5 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

what if she's releasing the next three singles on june 1st, with rock candy sweet being the lead of the three...

the way blue banisters was the lead for text book and wildflower wildfire?

I was also thinking this... Maybe three love songs this time? 

I can’t wait for this album! I feel like

“text book” is such a culmination of all her greatest melodies/progressions.

These one won’t make sense until you sing it in your head (do it!) but...

TEXT BOOK x BORN TO DIE

You got a Thunderbird

My daddy has one too

Sometimes love is not enough 

and the road gets tough

I don’t know why

Keep makin’ me laugh 

Let’s go get high...

TEXT BOOK x CHANGE

And there we were screaming “Black lives matter”

In the crowd by the Old Man River

(conceptually NOT a match but sing it into this melody...)

Who am I to sympathize when no one gave a damn?
I've been thinkin' it's just someone else's job to care
Who am I to wanna try?