Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

this and the "let’s hate the new album until two albums later when we’ll start loving it" are never ending cycles we’ll be stuck in forever :icant:

I'm like three more posts of revisionist history away from really going off the rails, and we've all seen what i'm like when I get pissed

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

37 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Agree but I LOVE BB and WW.

just always imagining how sonically deep snd rich it’d be if mixed and mastered and touched up  by jack 

Agreed—I think Gabe Simon’s production is too minimalistic AND clean, it has to be one or the other. I even thought that about when he did “Summertime” for her—I wanted it to be more wild and lo-if jazzy! Not a hair is out of place on these tracks and it can be sonically less exciting than the other producers, although I do love all three new songs!

21 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

this and the "let’s hate the new album until two albums later when we’ll start loving it" are never ending cycles we’ll be stuck in forever :icant:

And here I thought my life was getting stuck in a never ending prerelease era :toofunny:

5 hours ago, barttttender said:

the songs will never do well streaming wise. look at chemtrails - super smalll numbers. the slower her music is, the less interested people are. with the exception of NFR which was just-blowing even at nearly glacial pace.

she's gonna fade into obscurity if she doesn't start working on more singles that are not, well, miserable. 

I hope she does. I. HOPE. SHE. DOES. 

The girl was living in a trailer park before she signed onto Interscope, let's be real here that she doesn't care about "fading into obscurity" when she was unknown in the first place.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i don't miss jack's production at all :smile2: 

i listened to some of cocc (tjf, dbjag, wah) after ww today and it felt so much emptier. maybe i'm just anti-jack now but i refuse to give in to this revisionist history

sUcVobB.png

3 hours ago, lustforlife said:

Alternative radios are slowing beggining to play Blue Banisters! Dont forget to ask ur local station on twitter to play it :party:

Do you have the names of any stations? I want to shout them out to friends if they're in their city.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

7 hours ago, anwdelrey said:

The production is so bad on that song

SORRY I CAN’T HEAR YOU OVER THE EARTH SHATTERING PROSTATE ORGASM TEXT BOOK JUST GAVE YOUR DAD 

1868r6.jpg

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I just had a dream about the album. The tracklist was revealed, it had around 20 songs. There was an interlude in between. The first song was an intro, track 2 and 3 was TB and WW, BB was like 5 or 6. The album cover was a shot of some river, very dark and gloomy.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

Lol at people giving Zach so much credit as if Gabe didn't main-produced the track and played every instrument + Lana wasn't the songwriter and composer of the songs :toofunny: Zach's work has been minimum in these songs and it shows.

By the way I just spent an hour analyzing the songs with my bf so I'll probably share my thoughts tomorrow.

I wonder why Lana still hasn't deleted the RCS post saying it will be released June 1st. It would be a surprise if it were actually released, but Lana's instagram is so messy that it's the last source for reliable information, it's only a week away and we'll find out.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey