Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

25 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i just like a little more direction. the singles are very wandering

not all those who wander are lost...it's just wanderlust :whine:

.ỉ̸̧̨̢̧̢̛̗̹̣̯̗̲̗̝̫͙̘̟̙͔̼͉̻̬̫̟̬̲͕̖̹̫̫̫̮͎̖͇͇̙̯̻̠͕̻͕̹̦̫̥̦̙̪͈̻̏͆̒̈́̋̓̐̈́̓̾̏͌̇̈́́́̍̑̈̀̔̀̈́̾̈́̉͑͒̅̇̅̎̎̾̄̽͗́̿̓͋͛̍̃̽͐̓̈́̅̉͑̊͑̅̒͛͛̉̀̎̂̇̋͌͐͌̽́̇̈́̌̑̓͐̄͆̉̽͘̚̕͝͝͠͠͝d̴̨̧̡̨̢̢̨̧̨̢̡̢̛̛͈̟̣͍͉͍̞͇̗̗͙̮̺̦͍̰̮͙͔̱͖̲̬̦̣̣̬͇̥̖̖̺̖̫̭̮̝̤̳̜̼̰̟̜̭̼͔͎̦̭̼̬̝̘̘̠̹̠̼̥̜͚̭̦̦̭̪̞̤̭̥͕̲͓̭̰̯͓͓̥̥͈̗̩͙̜̳͔̰̱̭̤̰̫̦̩̬͈̗͔̺̣̯͓͓̱̫̩̣̪̹̖̭̬̒̋͛̊̓͑̋͆̃͒́͆̔̔͐̓̊̿̂̎̔̾̒̌̊̓͂̋̋̔̐̐̓̌̈́͊̇̐͒̀̃̂̄̀̐͊͌̿̇͑̑́̔̈̆͒̎̇͗̽͌̐̒̍́͆̃̋̆̅̋̇̊̽̾̎͗̄̓̒̀̄̆̀́͛̐̌̉́́̅̔̉̿̓̒̆̀̇̋̕̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅk̷̢̡̬̻̠̯̙͉̺̦̲͈̰̰̺͓̓͗̂̆̈́̂͊̓̇̂̏̊̌̒̀̎̎͐̆̓̎̏̏̐̈́͂̚͜͝͝͝͝͠ͅ...go back 3d8wn82.png

Capture.jpg

2 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

not all those who wander are lost...it's just wanderlust :whine:

.ỉ̸̧̨̢̧̢̛̗̹̣̯̗̲̗̝̫͙̘̟̙͔̼͉̻̬̫̟̬̲͕̖̹̫̫̫̮͎̖͇͇̙̯̻̠͕̻͕̹̦̫̥̦̙̪͈̻̏͆̒̈́̋̓̐̈́̓̾̏͌̇̈́́́̍̑̈̀̔̀̈́̾̈́̉͑͒̅̇̅̎̎̾̄̽͗́̿̓͋͛̍̃̽͐̓̈́̅̉͑̊͑̅̒͛͛̉̀̎̂̇̋͌͐͌̽́̇̈́̌̑̓͐̄͆̉̽͘̚̕͝͝͠͠͝d̴̨̧̡̨̢̢̨̧̨̢̡̢̛̛͈̟̣͍͉͍̞͇̗̗͙̮̺̦͍̰̮͙͔̱͖̲̬̦̣̣̬͇̥̖̖̺̖̫̭̮̝̤̳̜̼̰̟̜̭̼͔͎̦̭̼̬̝̘̘̠̹̠̼̥̜͚̭̦̦̭̪̞̤̭̥͕̲͓̭̰̯͓͓̥̥͈̗̩͙̜̳͔̰̱̭̤̰̫̦̩̬͈̗͔̺̣̯͓͓̱̫̩̣̪̹̖̭̬̒̋͛̊̓͑̋͆̃͒́͆̔̔͐̓̊̿̂̎̔̾̒̌̊̓͂̋̋̔̐̐̓̌̈́͊̇̐͒̀̃̂̄̀̐͊͌̿̇͑̑́̔̈̆͒̎̇͗̽͌̐̒̍́͆̃̋̆̅̋̇̊̽̾̎͗̄̓̒̀̄̆̀́͛̐̌̉́́̅̔̉̿̓̒̆̀̇̋̕̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅk̷̢̡̬̻̠̯̙͉̺̦̲͈̰̰̺͓̓͗̂̆̈́̂͊̓̇̂̏̊̌̒̀̎̎͐̆̓̎̏̏̐̈́͂̚͜͝͝͝͝͠ͅ...go back 3d8wn82.png

not me not being able to stand the w̸̧̨̨̢̢̡̧̧̡̛̯̝̲̯̙͚̞̞̘͔̗̳̯͇͓̤̟̺̯̯̹̳̩̤͍͙̘̤̫̳̙̮̟̯͍̩̳̬͍̫̝̣̳̮̦͚͓͚̻̗͍̠̬̗̰͎͙̭̭̺̪̘͙͐̾̋͆͛̆̀́̋̓̈́̍̌͆͆̿͂̀̃͜͜͜͜͠a̷̧̢̧̨̨̡̧̨̢̛̜͖̗͕̬̹̹̪͓̳͕̪͚̭̻͈̬̙̹̝͈͓͔͚̤̞̲͍͍̝̠̗̹̮̯͔͎̯̮͇̳̲̙͈̮͉̬̹̥̼͕̮͎͑̋͒͗̿̈́̊̋͗͂̽̅̒̇̐͐̓̈̃̿̈͂͌͛̅̒͒̑͒̊̀͌̽̒̋̍̇̽̍͒͋͆͌̆̿̚͘̚̕͝͝ͅͅn̸̡̢̢̨̡̧̧̨̛̛̦̭͙̮̠̹̱͖͖̝̫͚̻̳̜̳̘͔͈̬̲͙̫̪̫̱͕̯̯̹̯͈̱̰͉̗̝͇̘̺̪̝̗̗͇̬̭͖̘̳̻͔̞̖̠̣̥͓̦̤̤̱̥͎̙̦̳̏̃͐͛̾̌̓̋͛̆̿́̂̑́̓̄̋͌̀͑̈́͛̄̈́̋͊́͌͑̐́͋́̉̃̑̏̈́̊̈́̃̒͊̇̃́́̅̀̃͆̍̀͋̇̈́̈́̀͆͂̔̐̑̔̓͆̃̉̿̈́͌͊̑̊̓̽̐̄̀̅̃͐̒̓̿̀̈̉̆̈͑́̈́̂̒̔͆̉̀̆̾͌̈́̔̚̕̚͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͠͝͝͝ͅͅd̵̨̡̨̢̡̡̧̢̢̨̛͙̼̳̮͈̮͖̲̯͖̪͓̲̻̳͉̲̪̞̟̬͖͍͚͓̭͉̩̜͕̤̦̻̠̰̥̠̳͈̥̞̝͍̗̬̰̘̪̩̟͖͙̗͍̥̯͙̲̭̗̩̜̘̖̭̜͕̘̏́͆̉̽̍̆̿́̽̒͘͜͜͝ͅȩ̸̨̡̡̡̛̫̱̝̻̘͕͔̗̮̝̲̙͕̤̗̪̣͕̟̠̬͍͉͔̻̰̖̞̭̬̯͇̠͍̣̻̃̋͑̀͒͂̑̽̔͌͆͒̓̓̏ṛ̴̨̨̡̛̛̮͇͓̞̲̹̗̲̤̼̯̖̱̣̠͓̞̳̦͕̮̣̺̟̮̼̻̼͍͙̹̤̪͔̜̩̣͚̹̰͓̥̘̳̠̖̬̙̤͚̱͕̬͚̜̘̐̇͗̿̔͒͛̋̈́͒͛̃̄͛̂̈́͌͊̿̐̌̀̀̄͆̿̉̓̀͋͐́́̐͌̒͋͂̓̀͘͘̕͠͝ͅͅͅl̵̢̨̧̡̢̡̡̢̡̧̡̢̧̛̫̦͕̯͔̖̹̱̦̥̟̻̪͖͇̺̯̠̝̜̖͉̹͓̳̺̼̻̥̺̲̖͉̫͖̫̺̙͉̹̮̦̮̹̥̹̣̟̖̦̫͇̥̦̞̫̬̼̦̞̪̭͕̜̬̯̘̪̰̗͕̼͈͉͍̥͕̰̳̖͚̯͍̱͍̯̥̣̝̫̜̤̬̥̪͇̗͓̠̫̬̠̰͍̦̬̙̟̫̗̥̳̳͎̏̏̅̊̑͌́̽̏̒̏̅̿̓͋̈̂͒̈̅̃̅͑̐͗̓̽̇͊͋̃̆̀̇̈́̔̓̈́̍̓̎͊̀͊̔̊̽͌̐̀͑̀̾̂̀̅̒̿̽̾̎̈́̒͗̍͑̀͂̄͌́̿̓̀̈́͐̉̿̀́̒͑̔̑̅̀̽́̈͆̒̏̇́̄́̄̄̓͌́̑͘̚͘͘̕̚͘͜͜͜͠͠͝͝͝ͅͅͅư̴̢̡̢̡̧̨̛̛̰̺͇͓͕̬̦̩̳͉͙̮͕̥͚̠͚̳̬̜̫͎̩̫̦̪͈̖͖̦̤̗̟̖̥̞͚̟̰͚͍̘͚͉̞̺̝̪͚̬̬̖͇̼͙͖̗͉͉͈̣̖̯̞̤͔̼̣̹̦̤̱͔̱̞͓͔̫̆́̄͐̆͆̍̐̒͒̈́̈́̌̄͂͌̏͂̍̅̒͐͛̍̈́̋͗̈́̿̋̋́̓̍̊͋̓̆̉͌̈́͗͂͗́͌̑̂̍̓̑̅͋͂̈̓̈́́̐͆͛̍̾̃̔̔̓̂̆͑̅̅̈̅̅̈́̍͒̅̔͑̍̎̽̈̈́͛́͂͊́̈͌̉̃̕̚̕͘̚͘̚͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͠͝͝ͅͅş̵̨̡̨̨̢̛͕̫̟̭̻̠̰̗͚̗̬͉͓̞̙̖̺̻̼̤̯͕̫͇̲̺̮̻͇̽̊͊̐̋̑̇̓̍̑̐̈́̽͋͌̀̋̍̈́̏͗̋͗̽̿͆̌͗̅̈̎̈͌̃̉̉̉͐͋̑̅̎͑̋͗̂̀͋͂̇̃̑͊̔̔́͆̋͂̿̕̕̕͘͜͝͝͠͝͝͝͝t̶̛̻̲̰̦͍̣̩̠͎̝͖̩͚̱̰̣̪̠̲̖͍̯̗̗͗̏͊̐̔͗́͆̈͛̏͂͛͐͋͐̑͑̀̿̀̂̕͘̚̚̚̚͜͝͝͠  of it all 3d8wn82.png3d8wn82.png3d8wn82.png

but really i love ww so deeply, the other two i honestly haven't listened to enough to know 3d8wn82.png i just need one real banger and that's all i ask

sUcVobB.png

1 hour ago, kitschesque said:

I once made a brave status here that said "if you loved Million Dollar Man but hate 24 - that means you never loved Million Dollar Man in the first place"

And I feel like the same thing goes for the universal Hope praise but mixed enthusiasm for these 3 singles. Give these songs a chance to change you :pray:

These are not for me, and that's okay, but Hope was different because it was the first song she'd really released in that style (piano + emotional, lyrically rich vocals). So it was acclaimed because it was a first for her, and unique in her discography.

IMO it doesn't work with these because 1. she's already done this, with Hope (and with Violets to an extent), and 2. none of these (including Hope) have any replay value unless you enjoy sitting and crying

Anyway before anyone tries to fight I'm not complaining - as I said, these are just not for me - but lbr how many of you sit around and listen to Hope on repeat? I feel like once the hype on these has died down, nobody will be listening to them.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

These are not for me, and that's okay, but Hope was different because it was the first song she'd really released in that style (piano + emotional, lyrically rich vocals). So it was acclaimed because it was a first for her, and unique in her discography.

IMO it doesn't work with these because 1. she's already done this, with Hope (and with Violets to an extent), and 2. none of these (including Hope) have any replay value unless you enjoy sitting and crying

Anyway before anyone tries to fight I'm not complaining - as I said, these are just not for me - but lbr how many of you sit around and listen to Hope on repeat? I feel like once the hype on these has died down, nobody will be listening to them.

to me ww is a bad bitch song for some reason, but the other two... i agree. returning to hope now, it's feeling less and less special in her repertoire. still loving it though :oopna:

sUcVobB.png

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

not me not being able to stand the w̸̧̨̨̢̢̡̧̧̡̛̯̝̲̯̙͚̞̞̘͔̗̳̯͇͓̤̟̺̯̯̹̳̩̤͍͙̘̤̫̳̙̮̟̯͍̩̳̬͍̫̝̣̳̮̦͚͓͚̻̗͍̠̬̗̰͎͙̭̭̺̪̘͙͐̾̋͆͛̆̀́̋̓̈́̍̌͆͆̿͂̀̃͜͜͜͜͠a̷̧̢̧̨̨̡̧̨̢̛̜͖̗͕̬̹̹̪͓̳͕̪͚̭̻͈̬̙̹̝͈͓͔͚̤̞̲͍͍̝̠̗̹̮̯͔͎̯̮͇̳̲̙͈̮͉̬̹̥̼͕̮͎͑̋͒͗̿̈́̊̋͗͂̽̅̒̇̐͐̓̈̃̿̈͂͌͛̅̒͒̑͒̊̀͌̽̒̋̍̇̽̍͒͋͆͌̆̿̚͘̚̕͝͝ͅͅn̸̡̢̢̨̡̧̧̨̛̛̦̭͙̮̠̹̱͖͖̝̫͚̻̳̜̳̘͔͈̬̲͙̫̪̫̱͕̯̯̹̯͈̱̰͉̗̝͇̘̺̪̝̗̗͇̬̭͖̘̳̻͔̞̖̠̣̥͓̦̤̤̱̥͎̙̦̳̏̃͐͛̾̌̓̋͛̆̿́̂̑́̓̄̋͌̀͑̈́͛̄̈́̋͊́͌͑̐́͋́̉̃̑̏̈́̊̈́̃̒͊̇̃́́̅̀̃͆̍̀͋̇̈́̈́̀͆͂̔̐̑̔̓͆̃̉̿̈́͌͊̑̊̓̽̐̄̀̅̃͐̒̓̿̀̈̉̆̈͑́̈́̂̒̔͆̉̀̆̾͌̈́̔̚̕̚͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͠͝͝͝ͅͅd̵̨̡̨̢̡̡̧̢̢̨̛͙̼̳̮͈̮͖̲̯͖̪͓̲̻̳͉̲̪̞̟̬͖͍͚͓̭͉̩̜͕̤̦̻̠̰̥̠̳͈̥̞̝͍̗̬̰̘̪̩̟͖͙̗͍̥̯͙̲̭̗̩̜̘̖̭̜͕̘̏́͆̉̽̍̆̿́̽̒͘͜͜͝ͅȩ̸̨̡̡̡̛̫̱̝̻̘͕͔̗̮̝̲̙͕̤̗̪̣͕̟̠̬͍͉͔̻̰̖̞̭̬̯͇̠͍̣̻̃̋͑̀͒͂̑̽̔͌͆͒̓̓̏ṛ̴̨̨̡̛̛̮͇͓̞̲̹̗̲̤̼̯̖̱̣̠͓̞̳̦͕̮̣̺̟̮̼̻̼͍͙̹̤̪͔̜̩̣͚̹̰͓̥̘̳̠̖̬̙̤͚̱͕̬͚̜̘̐̇͗̿̔͒͛̋̈́͒͛̃̄͛̂̈́͌͊̿̐̌̀̀̄͆̿̉̓̀͋͐́́̐͌̒͋͂̓̀͘͘̕͠͝ͅͅͅl̵̢̨̧̡̢̡̡̢̡̧̡̢̧̛̫̦͕̯͔̖̹̱̦̥̟̻̪͖͇̺̯̠̝̜̖͉̹͓̳̺̼̻̥̺̲̖͉̫͖̫̺̙͉̹̮̦̮̹̥̹̣̟̖̦̫͇̥̦̞̫̬̼̦̞̪̭͕̜̬̯̘̪̰̗͕̼͈͉͍̥͕̰̳̖͚̯͍̱͍̯̥̣̝̫̜̤̬̥̪͇̗͓̠̫̬̠̰͍̦̬̙̟̫̗̥̳̳͎̏̏̅̊̑͌́̽̏̒̏̅̿̓͋̈̂͒̈̅̃̅͑̐͗̓̽̇͊͋̃̆̀̇̈́̔̓̈́̍̓̎͊̀͊̔̊̽͌̐̀͑̀̾̂̀̅̒̿̽̾̎̈́̒͗̍͑̀͂̄͌́̿̓̀̈́͐̉̿̀́̒͑̔̑̅̀̽́̈͆̒̏̇́̄́̄̄̓͌́̑͘̚͘͘̕̚͘͜͜͜͠͠͝͝͝ͅͅͅư̴̢̡̢̡̧̨̛̛̰̺͇͓͕̬̦̩̳͉͙̮͕̥͚̠͚̳̬̜̫͎̩̫̦̪͈̖͖̦̤̗̟̖̥̞͚̟̰͚͍̘͚͉̞̺̝̪͚̬̬̖͇̼͙͖̗͉͉͈̣̖̯̞̤͔̼̣̹̦̤̱͔̱̞͓͔̫̆́̄͐̆͆̍̐̒͒̈́̈́̌̄͂͌̏͂̍̅̒͐͛̍̈́̋͗̈́̿̋̋́̓̍̊͋̓̆̉͌̈́͗͂͗́͌̑̂̍̓̑̅͋͂̈̓̈́́̐͆͛̍̾̃̔̔̓̂̆͑̅̅̈̅̅̈́̍͒̅̔͑̍̎̽̈̈́͛́͂͊́̈͌̉̃̕̚̕͘̚͘̚͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͠͝͝ͅͅş̵̨̡̨̨̢̛͕̫̟̭̻̠̰̗͚̗̬͉͓̞̙̖̺̻̼̤̯͕̫͇̲̺̮̻͇̽̊͊̐̋̑̇̓̍̑̐̈́̽͋͌̀̋̍̈́̏͗̋͗̽̿͆̌͗̅̈̎̈͌̃̉̉̉͐͋̑̅̎͑̋͗̂̀͋͂̇̃̑͊̔̔́͆̋͂̿̕̕̕͘͜͝͝͠͝͝͝͝t̶̛̻̲̰̦͍̣̩̠͎̝͖̩͚̱̰̣̪̠̲̖͍̯̗̗͗̏͊̐̔͗́͆̈͛̏͂͛͐͋͐̑͑̀̿̀̂̕͘̚̚̚̚͜͝͝͠  of it all 3d8wn82.png3d8wn82.png3d8wn82.png

but really i love ww so deeply, the other two i honestly haven't listened to enough to know 3d8wn82.png i just need one real banger and that's all i ask

oh the "go back" was supposed to be the only thing i understood from Jack on NAWWAL 3d8wn82.png&key=6c7e630d6e8bf911acf5aff0

but yeah WW is the superior track, just the soft rage of it...:chefkiss: 3d8wn82.png&key=6c7e630d6e8bf911acf5aff0

Capture.jpg

Just now, past the bushes said:

oh the "go back" was supposed to be the only thing i understood from Jack on NAWWAL 3d8wn82.png&key=6c7e630d6e8bf911acf5aff0

but yeah WW is the superior track, just the soft rage of it...:chefkiss: 3d8wn82.png&key=6c7e630d6e8bf911acf5aff0

the soft rage of it is why it's a bad bitch song! the other two just feel sad to me but ww... there's some good emotion there 3d8wn82.png&key=6c7e630d6e8bf911acf5aff03d8wn82.png&key=6c7e630d6e8bf911acf5aff0

sUcVobB.png

2 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

to me ww is a bad bitch song for some reason, but the other two... i agree. returning to hope now, it's feeling less and less special in her repertoire. still loving it though :oopna:

For me it's frustrating to listen to these because I think these songs had a lot of potential in terms of progression of the instrumentation, but it's all very ... dull and uneventful. I get that that's hOw sHe wAnTeD iT tO bE but why can't we have both? We used to have both

I think it'd be cool to have something like the instrumentals on Violet but with her vocals, especially since her lyrics this era read out like poems themselves. It's by far one of my favorite Lana projects in terms of production, and I feel like a music album similar to it with an ambient vibe/vocal style would be stunning, although I don't know if that would quite fit this upcoming record or not. 

imageproxy.jpg

4 minutes ago, The First Who Ever Did said:

Don't tell me we're now starting to tear these three superb masterpieces apart. I have been sitting with them for a week and adore all three more than anything on COCC. 

me too I'm still obsessed but at the same time I see why people are not feeling them 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Some of the Violet instrumentals were too good not to be a part of a full song. Imagine a something incorporating Quiet Waiter on Blue Banisters :trisha:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

I don't think there's any way to truly communicate the number times ive sung "smell like graden-ias wild at your feet" to myself this week :defeated:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Wel, 'hope' is in my top 3 LDR favorite songs so 3d8wn82.png Plus it recently crossed 100M Spotify streams. The replay value of it all

1 minute ago, PARADIXO said:

Wel, 'hope' is in my top 3 LDR favorite songs so 3d8wn82.png Plus it recently crossed 100M Spotify streams. The replay value of it all

I mean whatever floats your boat but I would say you're in the minority here. Plus it's been out for 3 years so 100m is understandable.

I'm not attacking Hope, I LIKE Hope, but my point was it's just not the type of music most people would put on repeat.

Or maybe I'm just a crackhead