Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

I hope the entire album is this stream of consciousness structureless oeuvre, so refreshing honestly 

Literally been praying for this every night since we got the first three tracks. We already have so many bops and Tulsa Jesus Freak is still fresh out the hot Arkansas oven. :illumilana2:

3 minutes ago, Peace said:

i still want her to cover landslide but i don’t think that is gonna happen because it’d just be too good

She would take proud ownership of Gypsy as well if she ever chose to cover it. Stevie has so many gems. :flutter:

Thoughts on the new songs: OBSESSED with blue banisters and textbook. Wildflower is good too but for sure my 3rd placer. 

im kinda shocked everyone thinks they’re boring! Lana seems to be going down a road of natural profession in her music and these more free flowing structured songs with poetry influence just seems fitting. I feel like a lot of people on here claim to want her to “evolve” but in reality want her to devolve back to her 2012-2015 sound, which imo I mean yeah that was a great era of Lana but we already have those albums and that sound. 

im very excited for this record and can’t wait to see what songs from the past she revisits aside from cherry blossom and what new stuff she cooks up! 

34 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

And we will have Chamomile :kris:

My Field Medic collab manifestations finally came to life :trisha:

I just hope that some day God will hear my prayers

UyeynH9.png

Y0LSVGH.png

They just need to say hi to each other :oprah3:

Spoiler

He's an alcoholic, so I think that they might have met in AA. But I could be reaching 

10 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

She said, "You can't be delulu and be realistic, too
You can't spam the threads with hippo gifs and be happy"
And that scared me...

tGBOq9Z.gif

Hide contents

i'm kinda high don't mind me

Said he’d come back every may

float like manatees in the bay

and paint the album cover

blueee

( its gotta be blue right?)

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mike Dean is a god said:

Said he’d come back every may

float like manatees in the bay

and paint the album cover

blueee

( its gotta be blue right?)

wow i love this demo of wayamaya :flutter: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

1 hour ago, Wildflower said:

If there’d be a cover on the album I find Ode to My Family by The Cranberries very fitting with her opening up about her relationship with her mother

yesssssss!

i can already see Lana cracking up her voice during the "my mooother... my moother...." bit FlogVIP.net/mcosgrove

4 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

Mike dean could really give her a cool electronic ambient era for LDR9 

I said it once, I don't understand why Lana wanted to work with Mike, a HIP/HOP producer to give us a piano ballad that she could've made easily with Jack, math ain't mathing. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

6 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I said it once, I don't understand why Lana wanted to work with Mike, a HIP/HOP producer to give us a piano ballad that she could've made easily with Jack, math ain't mathing. 

Or the legend that is RICK NOWELS

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

16 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

Mike dean could really give her a cool electronic ambient era for LDR9 

Manifesting. I want some loud, weird offbeat shit after all this piano we've been getting recently. Ik she could make it werk. Give us that crazy sound layering :clapback:

Bb is  not NFR 3.0.

Cocc itself is diff from Nfr. 

And also COCC isnt as horrible as people make it out to be.

Cocc gave us WD/TFJ/CHEM/YOSE/DBJAG/DTWD/WAH

All stellar tracks 

And the 3 tracks we got from BB are the kind of music I love. I know they may not be everyone's favorite ..but doesnt mean she lost her creativity/lost her songwriting.  

But yes ofc everyone has different taste.  :)

Blue Banisters

Foolish Games

Grace

Love Letters 

Sweet Cherry Street

Text Book

You Can Tell Me

Love You Then And Now

Kent Grey

Just a Girl Who Writes

Dealer

Wildflower Wildfire

Diamonds And Rust 

Elizabeth

My personal favourite is the one where she speaks to her future niece. Can you guess which one?

we need a bridge as chaotic as your girl 

late at night, lady on the side 

call me late if you wanna get high :hair:

I swear to god I never knew what she was saying but when I finally did ... :hair:

Spoiler

june 1st 

Are there any unreleased tracks that anyone feels would fit the vibe of what we’ve heard from BB so far?

Personally, I think French Restaurant would mirror some aspects of the three singles—sonically, at least. The vocals are very forward and placed against a piano, and there are moments where her voice is manipulated to create a softer atmospheric effect. 

It’s not a perfect match, but I think it’s decently similar, maybe lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I remember when we were hoping to get BB in May and we ended up getting 3 songs, so when nothing comes next week it won’t be shocking or disappointing for me personally

news will come when it comes. I’ll steam the 3 new songs and COTCC 

"Don’t forget me"

Manifesting LFL type bridges where I don't know what the fuck she's saying but I'm living :kris:

imageproxy.jpg