Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

i think this album will be a rural-influenced rock record with a moody & bluesy influence, like sad girl, thunder, flipside, queen of the gas station, etc. maybe with a folk influence as well... and i know i'm going to enjoy it :nails: she's not great at describing her music so if it's a "country album" it'll probably have the same moody, dark, bluesy sound of "breaking up slowly" but hopefully without a featured artist :oopna:

WGe8ynS.gif

LFL is the last album with some insane tracks that are upbeat, sexy, and have major pop influences. Since then we've been able to experience Lana in a more raw setting, but I think it's time to hang it up and move on to a different soundscape. She's dabbled in many genres and moods but I want some type of grand-esque type shit. NFR and COCC are definitely career highlights but if one more album is Jack produced I know for sure we would all be asleep by that point.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

i’m tired of the 15 year olds in this fandom there’s just way too many of them :wtf3:

Normally I’m not one to say things like this because I believe everyone is valid as a fan, but I really dislike how so many of these types of people (usually on Twitter) dismiss some of the music by saying “FLOP TILL WE DIE IS BORING AJSJNSJDHAH *insert random female artist* OUTSOLD” and it makes me wince. That’s so disrespectful to the art. You don’t have to love every single song but people don’t have to be immature about it lol! That’s why I’m happy that Lana will continue to go deeper with the music and not cater to the parts of her fanbase that will not even try to appreciate it/understand it - regardless of age (although it is mostly 15 year olds).

i'll take literally anything over country at this point :bebe:

but i think the titles represent the sound of each album very well in a way i can't explain but rock candy sweet doesn't give me country, maybe jazz

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

Normally I’m not one to say things like this because I believe everyone is valid as a fan, but I really dislike how so many of these types of people (usually on Twitter) dismiss some of the music by saying “FLOP TILL WE DIE IS BORING AJSJNSJDHAH *insert random female artist* OUTSOLD” and it makes me wince. That’s so disrespectful to the art. You don’t have to love every single song but people don’t have to be immature about it lol! That’s why I’m happy that Lana will continue to go deeper with the music and not cater to the parts of her fanbase that don’t appreciate it/understand it - regardless of age (although it is mostly 15 year olds).

I mean, Lana's in her mid 30's, the teenagers don't get that BTD came out a decade ago. I'm not saying they can't relate to Chemtrails. But Chemtrails is literally an album about Lana understanding that she is no longer in her early youth days. Teenagers can rant, but they simply won't fully understand the material until later in life.

7 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

How do Chemtrails numbers compare to years past? I thought someone here said that NFR did better in the first week than Chemtrails or something like that...

it somehow has the best first week sales since ultraviolence and its the best selling vinyl album of the century in the UK

i can totally see this album being similar to thunder and california in terms of sound, which i wouldn't mind. i can see RCS having songs somewhat similar to AKA too (specifically oh say can you see, pawn shop blues, and for k pt 2.). 

imageproxy.jpg

8 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

Why are u manifesting a hip hop album when 90% of u are LFL haters? Where’s the cohesion? :wtf3: AMERICA EXPLAIN 

(this is my last hip hop hate post I swear don’t hate me)

even tho i'm not a LFL hater i think the problem with it is that rick nowels is not a hip hop producer, it felt like he was trying to mimic what emile did so perfectly on BTD. with the right producers she could do a hip hop album :makeup2:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

3 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

I mean, Lana's in her mid 30's, the teenagers don't get that BTD came out a decade ago. I'm not saying they can't relate to Chemtrails. But Chemtrails is literally an album about Lana understanding that she is no longer in her early youth days. Teenagers can rant, but they simply won't fully understand the material until later in life.

This is so mind blowing to me... I discovered Lana when I was in 6th grade as my dad adored her for BTD. It wasn't until my 7th grade year, being 12 mind you, that I began to stan hard and that's when UV came out. Now 19, I feel like I have grown through every album and each one is a major part of my growth from a teenager into my adult years. Entered teenage years as a Lana fan and entering my 20's as an even bigger one :cryney:

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

That’s true! I’m not that much older than these teenagers and I know that there are so many people in their teens on this site who actually get the music and understand it/love it, etc. And that’s amazing! So now that I think about it, it’s not even so much about the age as much as it is the type of person. Chemtrails is a beautiful record and I feel like you don’t have to be in your 30s to appreciate it - I hope everyone gets to a place where they can understand it!

Is it possibile that they didn’t change her social networks pfps and headers for COCC era cause it’s shaping up to be a quick “transitional” one? I mean they could’ve put to use all those NK black and white shots...

This is stupid and superficial I know but I really hope she changes her Twitter pfp for RCS cause I’m tired of seeing that ugly Doin’ Time single cover :bebe:

Lanarat.png

There is nothing wrong with hip hop but Lana would be absolutely CRUCIFIED if she responded to the allegations of her ignorant racism and cultural appropriation with HIP HOP TRACKS SAYING SHES DONE NOTHING WRONG AND ISNT SORRY. Let me repeat CRUCIFIED. It doesn’t matter how fire the songs are, she’d be torn apart, eaten alive, the hole would be dug deeper, etc. 

As someone who likes Summer Bummer and Groupie Love I say this truly thinking she couldn’t make a worse musical PR move. Lol. Except maybe if she went full church music. There are already enough people bitching about the amount of times Religion comes up on Chemtrails. 

I do think it’ll be more along the rock lines though, tbh. 

something i've been wondering is what the title track (assuming there'd be one) would sound like/if she would even include the words "rock candy sweet" in the title or just do what she did with the NFR title track

imageproxy.jpg