Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

8 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

"Bruises on both my knees for you"

"I like it when you take control
Even if you know that you don't
Own me, I'll let you play the role
I'll be your animal"

The critics complain about Lana, while awarding a girl that it's not even 20 singing heavier lyrics. If she was older, I wouldn't find it so problematic, but she was almost a teen. Why weren't people worried about Billie's message in the same way that they are to Lana's?

The only reason why I think that she didn't mentioned Billie, is that she must think that Billie is an ally for singing about similar things.

She should have kept Beyoncé's and Kehlani's name out of her rant to add Billie and Fiona's, that are awarded and critically praised artists, with the same kind of music as hers

That is because people's mentality has changed, when Lana debuted, those topics were not very touched by women, instead men had more freedom to talk about what they wanted, I find that quite hypocritical because women can talk about their lives and their sexuality with total freedom, that was what made Lana angry, now everyone talks about it and receives applause but when she did it they gunned her down, I would be angry too.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

44 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

That is because people's mentality has changed, when Lana debuted, those topics were not very touched by women, instead, men had more freedom to talk about what they wanted, I find that quite hypocritical because women can talk about their lives and their sexuality with total freedom, that was what made Lana angry, now everyone talks about it and receives applause but when she did it they gunned her down, I would be angry too.

Amy Winehouse, Fiona Apple, Billie Holliday and Nina Simone we're talking about this way before Lana. 

The trend to slash Lana started because people thought that she was fake. Her management also made several mistakes at the beginning of her career, not protecting Lana's image. Making her easily became an easy target to malicious articles and interviews 

1 minute ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Now that you mention that about "behaving like a pop star" you gave me the opportunity to mention an unpopular opinion that I have of Lana, she as a singer and songwriter is talented, magnificent, incredible; that's the reason why I like her and why she is my favourite singer, I really love everything she does BUT when it comes to stanning her it really is kind of boring, I mean, Taylor goes to awards, performs and interacts with her fans and when it comes to us, we have a photo of Lana's dogs every month and voila, that's her interaction with us.
If I'm honest, her BTD / UV era felt wilder because she acted like a pop star, and it's not that she's not famous because we all know that she has a big fan base and is well known in the industry, but I think she kills in us that desire to stan her with that lack of "pop star behaviour"

yeah, I absolutely agree, if this is the new direction she's taking (and I don't blame her for wanting to persue a lowkey singer-songwriter career), it will be very difficult for us to stan her like a regular pop star like we did for the previous eras, and we are mostly here because of these previous eras

it's just that her old music keeps talking to the teens, as the "inital fanbase" we grew up with her, but she keeps gaining teen fans so maybe her future projects will continue to follow the steps of COCC until she no longer have that inital appeal to teenagers and that includes the whole LDR persona she built in the first place and the reason we fell in love with her

I'm supporting her no matter her decision because I am changing my ways too and I kinda relate to her wanting a more lowkey life and obviously her music is just the most beautiful thing and she's my favorite artist for that reason, but yeah, changes are difficult and we have to get used to the new LDR if we don't want to keep getting disappointed

again, I can be very wrong about all of this and her behaviour is "strange" because of the last couple of years and the media and twitter trashing her every oppurtunity they get, just a guess

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

5 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

i think the label/artist have to do the procedure to get it so we can dream lmao born to die dolby atmos version coming to an iphone near you in 2025 :bebe:

Lemme DM Ben/Ed :delicious:

It would be such a serve!

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

39 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Lemme DM Ben/Ed :delicious:

It would be such a serve!

no cause i listened to bad romance in dolby atmos and i think i came… PLS god dm them :crying2: we NEED the psychedelic, layer rich masterpiece that is honeymoon in dolby atmos. i think it’s the closest we could get to actually re-discovering lana’s discography. imagine all the little sounds and hidden vocals or layers we could finally be able to hear? experiencing honeymoon’s crickets, waves and summery breezes in a totally immersive way as if you were laying on said beaches or fields listening to her magnum opus? YES GOD YES GIVE IT TO ME :omg:

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

no cause i listened to bad romance in dolby atmos and i think i came… PLS god dm them :crying2: we NEED the psychedelic, layer rich masterpiece that is honeymoon in dolby atmos. i think it’s the closest we could get to actually re-discovering lana’s discography. imagine all the little sounds and hidden vocals or layers we could finally be able to hear? experiencing honeymoon’s crickets, waves and summery breezes in a totally immersive way as if you were laying on said beaches or fields listening to her magnum opus? YES GOD YES GIVE IT TO ME :omg:

@ gods 

I can't die before this happen

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

wow, this thread was... crazy :hellno: i do like the discussion about lana becoming more of a lowkey singer-songwriter instead of a conventional pop star, i can understand why she'd rather be a singer-songwriter type of artist/musician since she is a little older and a lot of her idols were that type of artist (bob dylan, joan baez, joni mitchell, etc.) although i would agree that the way she's possibly going about it (qftc, mesh mask, other controversies) is a little unsettling :bebe: billie eilish did bring something new in the mainstream music world, yet, she is still a pop artist and her music & lyricism is really not that different from other pop artists, or alt. pop artists, like melanie or marina, her winning FIVE grammys, and lana receiving none, after all of her hard work and all of her dedication was probably a punch in the gut, i mean, it's obvious that it's just based off of popularity, and it shouldn't be that way, yet i can totally understand why lana might've felt defeated & purposeless after the whole ordeal, i truly don't consider her a pop artist, maybe in the btd era she was, but she's just straight-up alternative in my opinion, although she's experimented with many different styles of music, i don't get why people categorize her with marina, melanie, or halsey when they are mostly pop artists, i can definitely see why lana is more mellow & lowkey, and only focusing on the music, it must feel like nobody understands her, not even her own fans sometimes

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

6 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Why were people fighting over whether or not she's lazy when she's literally said herself that she is

I'm too lazy to properly fight about it, though

‘But she works so hard for us’ meanwhile she’s attending another friends birthday party and shopping for $20 dresses whilst leaving Ben on read. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

yeah, I absolutely agree, if this is the new direction she's taking (and I don't blame her for wanting to persue a lowkey singer-songwriter career), it will be very difficult for us to stan her like a regular pop star like we did for the previous eras, and we are mostly here because of these previous eras

it's just that her old music keeps talking to the teens, as the "inital fanbase" we grew up with her, but she keeps gaining teen fans so maybe her future projects will continue to follow the steps of COCC until she no longer have that inital appeal to teenagers and that includes the whole LDR persona she built in the first place and the reason we fell in love with her

I'm supporting her no matter her decision because I am changing my ways too and I kinda relate to her wanting a more lowkey life and obviously her music is just the most beautiful thing and she's my favorite artist for that reason, but yeah, changes are difficult and we have to get used to the new LDR if we don't want to keep getting disappointed

again, I can be very wrong about all of this and her behaviour is "strange" because of the last couple of years and the media and twitter trashing her every oppurtunity they get, just a guess

Lana is not a little known singer, she is mentioned in major magazines and by other artists. It is known that the life of a singer or a celebrity can be exhausting and that not everyone manages to deal with it in the same way, but I honestly do not like the direction that Lana takes in becoming more of a songwriter than a "pop" singer, she is a strong woman and she has shown it, but this move away from the media (which sucks) feels more like a retreat and working from the shadows than anything else, that is evidenced in the fact that she released 3 songs and she didn't give them the slightest promotion.

If we think about it and as far as I remember the last iconic thing Lana did was the QFTC post, if that can be called iconic and not chaotic, from then on nothing related to any of her eras has been "iconic" COCC went unnoticed and the only thing that can be rescued from that was that it got universal acclaim in MC, in the case of Norman, it had more "popularity" but I can't think of an iconic moment that has left the era beyond the robbery it suffered at the grammys.

If we look at previous eras, BTD has the success, the videos, the controversy and the style of a whole pop diva, UV is wild, dark and with those lyrics it gave us and the media something to talk about... We can also refer to the rest of albums up to L4L (?
All this is not to say that I and maybe you don't like what she does now, I like all her albums and everything she does, but it's no longer exciting when a new era of Lana begins because they always end up dying. ..

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

She is just more stripped back, minimalistic or simpler (or…) than she used to be, that‘s not being lazy :eyeroll2:

Releasing an album every four years, going mainstream, sticking to the same sound or making money with a makeup line is something I would call lazy.

can we just get official word with a post like "albums delayed- will be out in September, preorder coming July" something that simple ugh

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

10 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I like all her albums and everything she does, but it's no longer exciting when a new era of Lana begins because they always end up dying. ..

COCC was a short and rather underwhelming era, I agree. It maybe had to do with the pandemic or because Lana was already thinking about BB, but I have to agree.

NFR on the other hand was an amazing era. We had so many radio interviews, a fun album trailer, gucci, a song for a Guillermo movie, Looking for america and so on and so on.

3 minutes ago, COCC said:

COCC was a short and rather underwhelming era, I agree. It maybe had to do with the pandemic or because Lana was already thinking about BB, but I have to agree.

NFR on the other hand was an amazing era. We had so many radio interviews, a fun album trailer, gucci, a song for a Guillermo movie, Looking for america and so on and so on.

OMG you ended me, I totally forgot about those interviews and the movie and the gucci stuff. Well, maybe I didn't have to count NFR on the list. :D

3 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

OMG you ended me, I totally forgot about those interviews and the movie and the gucci stuff. Well, maybe I didn't have to count NFR on the list. :D

Oh the good old times when I wasn‘t scared when she was giving an interview :crying2:

Lana is not a small alternative underrated artist. She's in the top 20 of the most streamed female artists of 2020 and all of her eras had a great commercial success. 

If she wants to go unnoticed (which I doubt, she loves the spotlight), she should just release the music that she wants without much noise (the selphies weren't it. She attracted even more attention with them) and work on her craft. 

She made 2 album with Jack Antonoff and it's now working with Mike Dean. She couldn't go more mainstream and pop than that. So no, I don't buy the whole she's trying to keep it low speech that people have been saying since Norman 

2 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

She made 2 album with Jack Antonoff and it's now working with Mike Dean. She couldn't go more mainstream and pop than that. So no, I don't buy the whole she's trying to keep it low speech that people have been saying since Norman 

I dont really see a contradiction. She could be working with Mike because she likes his work and feels like he brings something new to the table, while still working on music that is not mainstream or pop (WW?) and trying to keep a low profile :um2:

10 minutes ago, COCC said:

I don't see a contradiction. She could be working with Mike because she likes his work and feels like he brings something new to the table, while still working on music that is not mainstream or pop (WW?) and trying to keep a low profile :um2:

WW is a great track, but nothing too experimental or minimalist. The only thing that kills the replay value is that some people may be sensitive to the """"" line or others may found the song heavy.

But it's still a very "regular" song. The public that Lana attracted with Norman and COCC will surely love BB too. Plus her old fans. I see another commercial success with this new record

Edit because I forgot to add:

Of course, she can work with whoever she wants, but when she picks big names, people will automatically notice it, bringing even more attention to her

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

‘But she works so hard for us’ meanwhile she’s attending another friends birthday party and shopping for $20 dresses whilst leaving Ben on read. 

how dare she have a life :prettyhurts: