Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

You know if she is reworking the whole album I would've wished her to revive the witchy concept prior to Lust for Life and mix it with the revenge album she originally announced. Like revenge spells or something :oprah3: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

You know if she is reworking the whole album I would've wished her to revive the witchy concept prior to Lust for Life and mix it with the revenge album she originally announced. Like revenge spells or something :oprah3: 

my dream

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

9 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

why they lying like that the store’s working fine for me? and not someone swearing they heard rob confirm the albums still coming next week ??:stareney:

Delulu power is real wbk :coffee:  :eartha: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

44 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

why they lying like that the store’s working fine for me? and not someone swearing they heard rob confirm the albums still coming next week ??:stareney:

The store has been down for a while though. LDRVillage is up but not lanadelreystore.com which usually changes before a big album/book roll out, the rob bit idk about lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

56 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

The store has been down for a while though. LDRVillage is up but not lanadelreystore.com which usually changes before a big album/book roll out, the rob bit idk about lol

but the store’s working perfectly fine for me for a while now…

edit: no wait i’m dumb it’s not the french and german store are working and there’s just the cocc stuff

so do we still think it means something that the main store isn’t working ? :ma:

I was on Tik Tok and I was just so embarrassed on behalf of the other fans. I know that sounds mean and I don’t want to critique anyone, but I feel like there’s just a level of discernibility regarding fake news surrounding this album that even the most gullible of people still have :rip: 

and on top of that, there’s this weird projection of trauma-blaming and illustrating Lana’s past eras as her trauma - which is super inappropriate to insinuate. Like, why are you being the one to put all that out on the table when Lana herself hasn’t? I get why she’s so adamant about telling her own story on this album because I can imagine it’s pretty frustrating and pathetic to have critics - and your own misguided fans - do that for you (and incorrectly/defamatory too).

Can’t wait for her to set the record straight in 10 days! :sass:

imo all 3 of the new singles have aged like fine wine. replay value 10/10 and each still sound as fresh and emotional as the first play as they should 

:oprah3:

some of her best singles

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

19 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

and on top of that, there’s this weird projection of trauma-blaming and illustrating Lana’s past eras as her trauma - which is super inappropriate to insinuate. Like, why are you being the one to put all that out on the table when Lana herself hasn’t? I get why she’s so adamant about telling her own story on this album because I can imagine it’s pretty frustrating and pathetic to have critics - and your own misguided fans - do that for you (and incorrectly/defamatory too).

I've heard something similar. Apparently some stans think we shouldn't celebrate and glamorize her old work because it's a product of trauma. In a sense that we shouldn't prefer UV over COCC because UV is allegedly in her darkest part of life and COCC is when she was the happiest. Okay? Hey moral police, who are you to decide what and how are we going to appreciate someone's work? The same people think that we shouldn't prefer her older work because she hid behind her persona more. I listen and love someone's music based on the music, not based on the artist's authenticity, mental health and period in life. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

25 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I was on Tik Tok and I was just so embarrassed on behalf of the other fans. I know that sounds mean and I don’t want to critique anyone, but I feel like there’s just a level of discernibility regarding fake news surrounding this album that even the most gullible of people still have :rip: 

I hate Tik Tok stans. They're worst than the the ones on twitter

And the majority of them are teens that became fans after Norman, so they don't really remember how she was in her past eras.

I'll never forget the video when someone tried to guilty trip BTD stans claiming that she was depressed, being abused, with an eating disorder, had no liberty and was doing drugs. Even if it's true, there were happy moments for her at that time. She finally breakthrough after so many years of trying, her relationship with Barrie at the beginning was kinda happy, she got closer to her family... Not everything was tears and pain

1 minute ago, shady said:

I've heard something similar. Apparently some stans think we shouldn't celebrate and glamorize her old work because it's a product of trauma. In a sense that we shouldn't prefer UV over COCC because UV is allegedly in her darkest part of life and COCC is when she was the happiest. Okay? Hey moral police, who are you to decide what and how are we going to appreciate someone's work? The same people think that we shouldn't prefer her older work because she hid behind her persona more. I listen and love someone's music based on the music, not based on the artist's authenticity, mental health and period in life. 

I think it’s so weird too, because Lana has never really spoken negatively of her past records. She’s always defended her own honour and work, so it’s always rubbed me the wrong way when stans create a hierarchy of her records. I relate more to NFR and COTCC in terms of my life experiences in relation to Lana’s, for example, but I’ve never invalidated her past records or thought that her past records were “problematic/traumatic” looking back. It’s Lana’s authentic work, so I absolutely loathe the weird entitlement/ownership some fans take on when it comes to them. As for Lana being the writer, she is completely free to identify/not identify with her records as she moves on in her life - but I don’t think that gives fans the right to pass judgement on the albums themselves, because they don’t have the lived experience that Lana does - we’re experiencing her life story within the records as outsiders, at the end of the day. 

4 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I hate Tik Tok stans. They're worst than the the ones on twitter

And the majority of them are teens that became fans after Norman, so they don't really remember how she was in her past eras.

I'll never forget the video when someone tried to guilty trip BTD stans claiming that she was depressed, being abused, with an eating disorder, had no liberty and was doing drugs. Even if it's true, there were happy moments for her at that time. She finally breakthrough after so many years of trying, her relationship with Barrie at the beginning was kinda happy, she got closer to her family... Not everything was tears and pain

I also don’t think it’s our place to speak on behalf of Lana’s emotions as if it were fact too. I think life is always full of wide-ranging emotions and experiences and for fans to basically falsify and weaponize Lana’s very real experiences against other fans to create a weird hierarchy of fan-ship is terrible! :( 

Tik Tok is a cesspool of teens stripping and getting likes from pedo’s, and minimally talented ‘influencers’ getting paid shit loads for cringe inducing videos.  So it’s no wonder Tik Tok brings the worst out of this fan base. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

17 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I also don’t think it’s our place to speak on behalf of Lana’s emotions as if it were fact too. I think life is always full of wide-ranging emotions and experiences and for fans to basically falsify and weaponize Lana’s very real experiences against other fans to create a weird hierarchy of fan-ship is terrible! :( 

Not everything was tears and pain as well not everything was colors and rainbows. She wasn't the poster child for happiness and well being, but she stated many times in interviews during that era that she was happier because of her career and also mentioned how this brought her completely her father. She could be lying and being in a complete dark state of mind, but we have to believe in what she said till she tell us the opposite.

I don't believe in fan hierarchy either, but some of them doesn't even like to hear her old songs and watch old interviews to try to understand the experiences of the ones that were around during that era