Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Me when listening to the last chorus of Wildflower Wildfire on speakers volume 80%

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

She’s going to say nothing all week and on July 4th, it’s really not on at all.  We should make it clear how we feel, but she cannot take criticism or responsibility for anything so it’s a lost cause. I’m also puzzled why her management can’t see our point of view that announcing multiple bogus release dates is confusing to fans, borderline emotional abuse and unprofessional.

If she’s going to treat her fans this badly and not have decency to tell us what’s going on then why should we pay for her music and overpriced merchandise? all she needs to say is ‘dates changed again sorry, still working on the music to make it extra special love you all’ it’s not really that hard.  She doesn’t seem to be aware of how things affect other people it comes across as selfish. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

How long must we wait for the nebulous cluster that is Lana Del Rey's 8th studio album?
How long must we sit here with our fingers perched over our keyboards, mindlessly spewing words of both frustration and delusion that only drags us down further into the rabbit hole of false hope?
How long must we wait for the promising ding of an Instagram notification, telling us that Miss Elizabeth Grant has posted information that could potentially quench our ravenous thirst; a thirst that keeps us trapped in a Lanaboards-esque purgatory to which we can never break free from it's hard iron shackles? These shackles to which we have rusted with our blood and tears.
How long must we wait to see the album cover that will makes it's home in our iTunes libraries?
How long must we wait until we can have a discussion that doesn't pertain to scat, racial issues and the ongoing beratement of a four-eyed producer who shall not be named? 

How long must we debate vinyl colours? Cobalt blue, shocking magenta, crystalline white, brooding sangria, healing marbled rose quartz - all of which we know are possibilities, but can never come to fruition due to Lana's fairly recent disinterest in aesthetics.

How long must we wait until we fill this thread with hyperactive ramblings of excitement instead of dreary monotonous drivel? 

How long must we wait until we hear songs that are newborn and crisp? To hear melodies that have never touched nor tickled the wisps of hair inside our ears?

How long, I ask. How long? 

:defeated:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

10 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

She’s going to say nothing all week and on July 4th, it’s really not on at all.  We should make it clear how we feel, but she cannot take criticism or responsibility for anything so it’s a lost cause. I’m also puzzled why her management can’t see our point of view that announcing multiple bogus release dates is confusing to fans, borderline emotional abuse and unprofessional.

If she’s going to treat her fans this badly and not have decency to tell us what’s going on then why should we pay for her music and overpriced merchandise? all she needs to say is ‘dates changed again sorry, still working on the music to make it extra special love you all’ it’s not really that hard.  She doesn’t seem to be aware of how things affect other people it comes across as selfish. 

i agree with everything but.... borderline emotional abuse.. i- ??

3 minutes ago, sweetie said:

Not the 'emotional abuse' claims coming out of the shadow again. This thread always cracks me up.

NqqjaA4.gif

7 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i agree with everything but.... borderline emotional abuse.. i- ??

I know, I just can’t really think of a better term. I’m not saying it’s like full on emotional abuse that’s why I said borderline.

I had an ex who would do something similar, would arrange a date to go out and meet and not show, no texts nothing. Then days later would arrange another date.  It’s not quite as deep as this, but the feeling is similar. It plays around with your emotions, when you love someone and something makes you excited..to play around with that and not give a fuck is abusive. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

36 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I think you are taking all this way too serious. It's really not that deep, it either comes on the 4th of July or it doesn't. It's just an album after all.

53 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

How long must we wait for the nebulous cluster that is Lana Del Rey's 8th studio album?
How long must we sit here with our fingers perched over our keyboards, mindlessly spewing words of both frustration and delusion that only drags us down further into the rabbit hole of false hope?
How long must we wait for the promising ding of an Instagram notification, telling us that Miss Elizabeth Grant has posted information that could potentially quench our ravenous thirst; a thirst that keeps us trapped in a Lanaboards-esque purgatory to which we can never break free from it's hard iron shackles? These shackles to which we have rusted with our blood and tears.
How long must we wait to see the album cover that will makes it's home in our iTunes libraries?
How long must we wait until we can have a discussion that doesn't pertain to scat, racial issues and the ongoing beratement of a four-eyed producer who shall not be named? 

How long must we debate vinyl colours? Cobalt blue, shocking magenta, crystalline white, brooding sangria, healing marbled rose quartz - all of which we know are possibilities, but can never come to fruition due to Lana's fairly recent disinterest in aesthetics.

How long must we wait until we fill this thread with hyperactive ramblings of excitement instead of dreary monotonous drivel? 

How long must we wait until we hear songs that are newborn and crisp? To hear melodies that have never touched nor tickled the wisps of hair inside our ears?

Truly a piece of literature :oprah:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

57 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Blackening my pages with russian poetry :oprah:

42 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Agreed except for the emotional abuse part. You're too sensitive or obsessive if you think that Lana not giving shit about her fans is emotional abuse. 

Her behavior is unprofessional and disrespectful, she should post a quick story saying "7 days left ?" she doesn't even need to reveal anything about the concept but rather make it a surprise. If the album would not be released then she should just say "Sorry I'm not finished but stay tuned". She reminds me of that passive one sided friend we all have or had. 

If she's making music for herself like some stans like to make excuses for her passive behavior then she shouldn't profit from it, sell albums and merch. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

25 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

Truly a piece of literature :oprah:

23 minutes ago, COCC said:

Blackening my pages with russian poetry :oprah:

Thank you besties 

tenor.gif

Spoiler

tenor.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven