Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Many reviews compared COCC with Folklore and Evermore, some mean blogs, comments on sites like Rate Your Music, people in music groups that I'm in also pointed the similarity. Taylor didn't invent folk or intimism, but releasing a similar album after hers, will made the public unconsciously compare.

Hide contents

The Rice Theresher:

Her latest project, while a valiant effort to return to Del Rey’s roots and explore storytelling à la Taylor Swift’s “folklore” or “evermore,”

NME about LMLLAW:

It also wouldn’t feel out of place on Taylor Swift's Folklore

JDM:

In channeling a more folk oriented pop sound, Del Rey is in a similar boat to Taylor Swift’s “folklore” in blurring the lines between the confessional and the fictional in using the scaled back sound to appear vulnerable. 

AP:

There are echoes of Swift’s production on Del Rey’s new album.

Echoes of Swift's production on Del Rey's new album:toofloppy: The clownery. 

-Homeland of the Gods-

5 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Many reviews compared COCC with Folklore and Evermore, some mean blogs, comments on sites like Rate Your Music, people in music groups that I'm in also pointed the similarity. Taylor didn't invent folk or intimism, but releasing a similar album after hers, will made the public unconsciously compare.

Hide contents

The Rice Theresher:

Her latest project, while a valiant effort to return to Del Rey’s roots and explore storytelling à la Taylor Swift’s “folklore” or “evermore,”

NME about LMLLAW:

JDM:

In channeling a more folk oriented pop sound, Del Rey is in a similar boat to Taylor Swift’s “folklore” in blurring the lines between the confessional and the fictional in using the scaled back sound to appear vulnerable. 

AP:

This is so annoying to me because even though I love Taylor I feel like she borrowed from Lana not the other way around 

Kinda strange… I just noticed on Apple Music the lyrics for WW and TB aren’t showing. BB lyrics are though… 

could lyrics be changed last minute if it’s gonna be a surprise digital release? 

anyways I’m trying to stay optimistic about the 4th, I think whatever she’s going to put out this era will be incredibly iconic! :party:

your vulgar darling  :blush3:

My pussy tastes like birthday cake

CHARLI XCX PUNK EP: 

01 Sucker 02 Better Than Ur Last Thing
03 Allergic To Love 04 Lightning Bolts

05 I'm A Dream 06 Mow That Lawn

The only reason they can make comparisons between Taylor and Lana is because Hack produces the same sound for everyone, we’ve been known :lolliney:

can’t wait for the album in 5 days and 6 midnights. Thunder is going to shake our whole world and Lana is going to show who’s supreme queen :angie:

"Don’t forget me"

Lanaboards can wait, now it's time to eat birthday cake

CHARLI XCX PUNK EP: 

01 Sucker 02 Better Than Ur Last Thing
03 Allergic To Love 04 Lightning Bolts

05 I'm A Dream 06 Mow That Lawn

33 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Many reviews compared COCC with Folklore and Evermore, some mean blogs, comments on sites like Rate Your Music, people in music groups that I'm in also pointed the similarity. Taylor didn't invent folk or intimism, but releasing a similar album after hers, made the public unconsciously compare.

Reveal hidden contents

The Rice Theresher:

NME about LMLLAW:

JDM:

AP:

Many critics pointed out Lana's and NFR! influence on Taylor in folklore/evermore reviews. Doesn't mean anything, it's okay.

3 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

three*

Creating my account on Spotify, Tidal and Apple Music so I can listen to all of them at the same time :hair:

1 minute ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Sunday will be know as the July 4th Massacre if nothing happens 

Massacre of the charts because her album will block the top 10 for weeks :angie: