Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

9 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Nah. She only has these 4 songs, maybe one more. The album will come out in one year at the earliest. 

Mind you - when everyone said the album will come out July 4th, I said notta chance in helll, and I was right.

I've been saying since she posted the july 4th date that it was gonna be released september if we're lucky enough. Probably even January next year :) 

13 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Thank you! God bless Neil Krug. No idea who Drew Erickson is, but I love that she's working with different producers on this one. It's safe to say it'll be  an album packed with paino ballads and her slowest one yet - even slower than Chemtrails. 

Do we know the name of the new single??? Map of La?

I don’t think it will be her slowest. Text Book chorus is more or less fast, WW is a mid-tempo. Only BB and this (I want to hear the chorus) are slow. Plus, Thunder is fast as well.

9 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Nah. She only has these 4 songs, maybe one more. The album will come out in one year at the earliest. 

Mind you - when everyone said the album will come out July 4th, I said notta chance in helll, and I was right.

mind you, most people also thought not a chance in hell :eyeroll2:

mUENGN9.png

the way I predicted the jazzy sound of this album my mind :wub:

(she's dead if she changes the cover it's fucking amazing :hooker:)

I’m late to the party but I have to say that I really enjoy the album cover and I’m looking forward to hear the new song because I think it will take us to another level of dreaming!

She finally learned to not give us false dates!!

We kinda won :brows:

0YnL0Kf.gif

15 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Her manager said she has the album coming up this year on Twitter when asked about it.

Blackoutzone said she had a full tracklist but she was changing it and adding new things like the one she has teased. However, boz is even confused about this situation related to album title and cover.

The 4th July thing was an obvious attempt of trolling. No one would believe a Sunday release, like ever.

18 minutes ago, not all who wander r lost said:

yellow is the color of optimism and enlightenment - and since the banisters are unpainted on the cover it'd mean she's starting fresh :wub:

It could also mean that the picture is taken after her man promised to paint them blue (but never showed up) and before her sisters come to paint it green and grey. Which would confirm that BB is the opener :oprah3: or it’s before she met that man and she‘s unable to paint them alone, BB could be the last track then or in the middle :um2:

13 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

While I am not an “art gay,” I think I can explain LOL! 

Yellow appears to be a motif for this record’s visuals. Her dress on the cover is yellow, her top and cardigan in the music video snippet are yellow, and her nails are yellow in both. The shade of yellow she chose for each is a pastel shade, which symbolizes being soft and delicate. However, and excessive amount of yellow is thought to breed aggression, anger, frustration, a sense of pent-up-ness.

I think these two moods - one very light and the other potentially dark - reflects exactly how she has described the last year or so to have been for her. QFTC serves as a preamble for this record, in a way - it discussed the theme of fragility and conveyed a sense of frustration in regards to that theme, so I think that’s what the yellow links to in terms of Lana’s life experiences and potentially the narrative of the album. 

I like that! Now make it perfect by combining these two meanings with the two dogs. Maybe one is soft and the other is aggressive :stareney2:

31 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

maybe she's doin her best to be the most authentic w this record and that's why its taking so long. ah the meaning. the meaniiiiiiing 

so thankful she's not working with jack on this album - nfr was great but cocc's production choices started to make it seem like a parody or caricature of authenticity. something about jack's production on cocc was trying too hard. jack should stick to his 80s pop sounds and leave folk out of his repertoire 

mUENGN9.png

How long did Lana say the mastering and mixing and the vinyl stuff takes? Like 3-4 months? I'm thinking a November release (?) idk I could be entirely wrong :trisha:

tumblr_m8euyeT3r41rqzt90o1_500.gif

I did some maths and if she sends the final tracklist to label this Monday, it will be July 5th + 90 days = October 3rd.

October 3rd is a Sunday so my guess is that this album is coming October 8th

0YnL0Kf.gif

this album is coming for NFR's neck I know it fuck y'all have no idea how hyped I am like it's everything I wanted :icant:

19 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I think it'll be a fascinating psychological insight to find out what her vague timeframes ("soonish" and "later later") actually mean

:oic3:

to me "soon" would be this month, "soonish" should be August 

so just +3 months to that and you may get her version :lanahottie:

3 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I’m really excited. This record already feels super personal and intimate while still being grandiose. The visuals are already amazing as well and it’s just going to reinforce Lana’s status as the one of the finest songwriters of all time. 

Saaaame, it might be full of only ballads but her lyrics have been superb lately so I don’t mind really!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I love the album cover :defeated: it looks a little like a manip, nonetheless it's a serve and a huge step-up from the selphies true.gif

As for the snippet, I haven't listened yet since I feel like we still have a long way to go before we get the album so I don't wanna rush it and I'll just listen to the whole single when it drops if that makes any sense :dua:

Edit: I caved and listened to it :godlaugh2: she's cute but I'll have to wait until I hear the full version 

If Cherry Blossom and Thunder really are on the album, that means we’ll know at least 6 songs before it’s out, the three "lead" singles, the two unreleased songs and the new single that’s dropping soon… I’m not the biggest fan of long albums but for this one, I hope there are at least 16 tracks, so we can have a reasonable amount of tracks to discover.

And instead of putting out a completely new single soon, she should just officially release Thunder or Cherry Blossom. We already know them, but I’m sure a lot of fans would love to be able to stream the remastered (and most likely re-recorded, for CB) versions now, and listen to the entirely new songs when the album’s out. Thunder seems to be a fan favourite, it’d be a great buzz single.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~