Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Lana’s usually only dropped American cars/American car manufacturers in her songs like Chevrolet, Cadillac, mustang, Pontiac etc and I find it funny that she’s randomly singing about the Japanese brand Toyota 

This might actually be my favorite cover of hers, EVER. It even surpasses UV, HM UO cover and COCC alt cover. Truly a legendary singer-songwriter moment.

I’m so excited for this record. I want more diversity than just a whole album made from piano ballads but if you think about it, she always comes up with a handful of tracks that take you by surprise every era... even COCC (probably her slowest album to date) had Tulsa Jesus Freak, Dark But Just a Game and the Dance Till We Die bridge. I fully trust her to incorporate different elements into her music... specially now that she’s not working with Jack. I can feel this music is gonna operate on a more cinematic, spacey level.

:nails:

IMG-7960.jpg

3rd listen to the snippet and now i think i really like it. i was unsure at first. but just like the other three singles, they are ballads but they sound full (unlike j*ck's lackluster piano songs) and so lyrically beautiful. so i have hope for this new track too. it reminds me of some unreleased songs we have like fine china. so i'm excited! :party:

but i think i'm gonna skip listening to this single so the album is fresher. 

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

In LMLYLAW, she sings about wanting to leave LA with her man. She said she could’ve managed if he stayed, but if he did, she’d have no fun. Which to me, could imply she’d rather stay than leave on her own. She recorded the song early in the making of COTCC, probably around September or October, when she started dating Sean.

I read what people said about the new snippet and if she talks about her body being the map of LA, that means she’s definitely staying. Now that her and Sean aren’t together anymore, she has no interest in leaving LA anymore. She had imagined a different life with him outside of LA, but now they’re apart, she’s decided she’s not going anywhere else.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

this better come SOON... i dont know how much longer i can stay away from the singles :rip: the artwork is gorgeous! but still no pre order...

watch it get scrapped and changed again :hooker:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda bored of her singing about California/LA. Like does she not have any other material :oprah2: The snippet is one of her best songs in a while tho so it balances out.

2 minutes ago, sweetie said:

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda bored of her singing about California/LA. Like does she not have any other material :oprah2: The snippet is one of her best songs in a while tho so it balances out.

It's true it's true

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 minute ago, scarlettohara said:

The album still has the same name and she gave no fake date, but I totally called her announcing the album again yesterday. Freaky... I guess I’m a prophet now. :illumilana2:

No fake date ? She said she was going to release the album today which she didn’t 

scream-at-ride-by-lana-del-rey-g6hzk2dd4

She needs to release a pastel yellow and blue (banisters) nail polish set as merch :wub:

Lucy Dacus and Tyler (unconfirmed but likely) are doing so for their recent drops, it’s a cute idea and we would absolutely eat it up.

I’m reading that the album is not completely done. So maybe RCS still has a chance. 
and about the BB MV, if rumours about her not being with Clay anymore are true, maybe this is what is holding her from releasing it?!? Therefore a new lead and MV and joggling with the idea of changing the album name all together

Of course we need to hear the entire song when it comes out next March or something but I interpret the "my body is a map of LA" lyric to mean she is a part of LA and LA is a part of her. They are intrinsic. 

Which is why she didn't leave because she is attached to it for better or worse. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Obviously way late to the party but just wanted to add my excitement to the mix!

The cover/potential cover reveal is soooooo iconic and just an instant classic/fave for me.

I know there is talk or concern about it being the official cover but I'm really thinking it will be. I honestly think she circled back to BB as the title and I love it so much. I think it is a great title and an amazing song to add. The cover really just encapsulates it's magic to me! I'm so excited based off of the three singles we have and then the new single teased. The melody and lyrics are already stuck in my head. I have a feeling this album is going to be very special. I'm personally anticipating September or October release but wouldn't be opposed to November!

The mentioning of an alternate thread for CB from Boz and also his teasing of Thunder make me think we are finally getting the unreleased collection as well. Will I be happy to have those songs on the actual album, sure. But if they are for an unreleased collection then that means we know even less tracks intended for BB which is always nice. It is good to have some mystery lol!

Either way Lana speaking out and not giving more bullshit dates is such a welcomed occurrence. I personally don't want the title of the album to change from BB but if it does she BETTER keep this fucking cover. I will not forgive changing the cover, this is too fucking good to not be the cover. Her and Neil always coming through with the best results!