Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

The way she tells a story through her covers... she has been in a journey from BTD to NFR (as seen in the vehicles) and now she is just enjoying life with her family, friends and pets.

The vehicles are a metaphor for confronting her fears and problems.

BTD cover: outside the car - living an idle life, seeking escapism through a dangerous lifestyle, ignoring her problems

UV: opens the car's door - gets ready to confront her fears and question many aspects of her life, kind of hits rock bottom in her mental stability

Honeymoon: gets on the car - her most instropective record, she isolates herself from the rest of the world (seen in her being so tiny in the photograph and far from our point of view) to genuinely discover herself (another metaphor, she is in a truck for tourists)

Lust For Life: gets out the car - she has learned many things about herself and overcome some problems, as seen in the smile

NFR: gets on a boat with a man - now that she has overcome her problems, she is ready to invite other people into her life, seen in the man by her side and her inviting hand. She's still on a journey but a different one

Chemtrails and Blue Banisters: she realizes how important her family and friends (including her pets) are for her, they are her support system (her banisters)

[This is just a joke, although I agree on some points, but yeah just a reach for fun :gaycat5:)

i know i've been very "missing in action", i really like the official album cover! it's very fitting for a late summer/early fall release :sass: i love her brunette hair, yellow dress, and tex & mex :flutter: it's also very regal, i think we manifested it @IanadeIrey! i also love the new snippet! it's lyricism is so intimate & beautiful and i love the dramatic piano at the very beginning, i'm quite excited! :flutter: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

After listening to the snippet for a bit, these are the general vibes I got:

•Melodically & Vocally: Afraid

•Instrumentally: French Restaurant 

•Lyrically: Yayo, maybe? Definitely something from her earlier, more sensual tracks

What does everyone else think?? 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

After listening to the snippet for a bit, these are the general vibes I got:

•Melodically & Vocally: Afraid

•Instrumentally: French Restaurant 

•Lyrically: Yayo, maybe? Definitely something from her earlier, more sensual tracks

What does everyone else think?? 

I thought the same thing about it sounding like Afraid lol.

4 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

august would be a sexy month. 

playful vibes. 
video games/roses bloom esque instrumentation vibes 
sensual bartender vibes. 

August/November always seemed like sexy months for me for sumn reason :smokes3:

I wouldn't mind if the album comes out in November tbh. As long as it features some sultry and playful slow songs :hooker:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

4 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

August/November always seemed like sexy months for me for sumn reason :smokes3:

I wouldn't mind if the album comes out in November tbh. As long as it features some sultry and playful slow songs :hooker:

lol scorpio season my pisces ass goes neo neo neo 

nah not november the sierra madre'd seem cold by then 
I think this track she's singing might be the one ur looking for 

UV/Honeymoon

6 minutes ago, Distantly said:

Sure!

okay now that I’m thinking about it, I remember when the scrapping happened he said that it’s no longer BB and she has a new title track so I’m thinking it’s from the new songs she added when she scrapped most of the old ones but I did ask! @CinnamonGay

Just now, Distantly said:

okay now that I’m thinking about it, I remember when the scrapping happened he said that it’s no longer BB and she has a new title track so I’m thinking it’s from the new songs she added when she scrapped most of the old ones but I did ask! @CinnamonGay

Okay he responded and said it’s a brand new song not from the old tracklist!

No way. NO F WAY. 

The audacity of this cover. I mean…

The Icon.

The Talent.

The Beauty.

The Sadness.

The Vibes. 

Every f thing is a f match. It’s heavenly.

ALSO, it gives me major BTD connections. Just imagine: then there were tigers, and now it’s dogs. The hair resemble Paradise. She was super fashion in BTD and Paradise, but now it’s more intimate and stripped down. YES. That’s what it is. A  STRIPPED DOWN VERSION OF BTD. And ALL OF THIS so close to the 10th anniversary of BTD. I AM SCREAMING. She’s a genius. I’m enthusiastic. I’m actually crying. I’m in love. 

Spoiler

I’m f ready to buy all the f 27626288484 versions of the vinyls. Just take my money b, just take them NOW :worship:

Okay, delirium completed. 

Spoiler

tenor.gif

12 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

lol scorpio season my pisces ass goes neo neo neo 

nah not november the sierra madre'd seem cold by then 
I think this track she's singing might be the one ur looking for 

I keep forgetting November/December is cold for Americans :toofunny: 

I've always wanted a sexy spring/summer album, but it's literally fall/winter for us down here :toofunny:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

2 minutes ago, Elle said:

The snippet she shared was gorgeous! Her vocals sound amazing, and of course she looked so stunning. I always love her lil homemade videos, they're so intimate and personal, so I hope there's a full version she shares one day!

& the cover.. oh my god. STUNNING!! I'm so, so happy. It's hard to say because Lana really does have so many iconic album covers, but this is definitely a contender for her best. Plus, there's dogs on the cover which is always a bonus. The cover photo kind of reminds me of these photos I took with my dog about 5 years ago. I love these photos of us! RIP Snickers, in my heart forever xx

51289550513_e4281e12c8.jpg 51290099334_653e4db641.jpg

omg this little photoshoot is so precious! it's very vintage & regal and i love that :flutter: snickers was so precious & adorable <3

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

so I made a theory about how Lana symbolizes, is the American Dream (article writers etc. ref me sweet bb bitch, gimme credit) 

and that snippet totally fits 

and what do people these days want? freedom, equality, a voice. perhaps not really a political voice specifically , but a voice that exists. a social voice. a home. togetherness. security. 

and what does that have to do w blue banisters? banisters on the stairs when life's levels aren't ground level, like noble metaphoric life insurance. 

just like how her sisters give her moral support it all connects so far 

thanks for coming to my ted talk 22853fffde43c7e8d2ee451aa3139a7e.gif

UV/Honeymoon