Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I hope none of the singles is the closing track, that's a weird preference of mine; I think the closing song should be a mystery unveiled once an album has dropped.

Is a Get Free-tier closer too much to ask? 

Spoiler

:crying2:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

8 minutes ago, alittleparty said:

I feel the magic rising with this latest selphie. She's shaking off whatever her version of 2020 PTSD is and emerging bright and fresh and ready to deliver the album of her career.

If I didn’t know any better I’d say we’re all ready for a little party :ma: :beyonce:

first time posting in another iconic messy pre release, hi everyone!!

i keep coming back to the three singles and every time they grow on me a little more. TB was an instant favorite, the outro still gives me goosebumps, WW writing is amazing (I've been running on stardust alone for so long / I've been running on star drip IVs for so long :wowcry:) and the vocals on BB, especially the santa clarita fires part!! i can't help but sing along. so excited for the album

if i had one superpower it would be the ability to make all the random dates she gives us come true :trisha:

that would truly bring world peace

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

20 minutes ago, empty sky said:

first time posting in another iconic messy pre release, hi everyone!!

i keep coming back to the three singles and every time they grow on me a little more. TB was an instant favorite, the outro still gives me goosebumps, WW writing is amazing (I've been running on stardust alone for so long / I've been running on star drip IVs for so long :wowcry:) and the vocals on BB, especially the santa clarita fires part!! i can't help but sing along. so excited for the album

Hi, welcome! :kiss2: And yes, I gotta agree the three singles are absolutely great! They make me so excited for the album too

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Oh my god, I start to get fucking crazy. :crazy: ... currently im checking this thread like 20 times a day and pray for some news, like the tracklist. :godlaugh: ... and on top, I just dreamed about Lana last night. We were at a party or something ... and I just thought (Omg Tim, don't act like a crazy fan .. don't ask for the new album). At least we end up talking about so many deep things and even changed numbers. :coffee: ... 

I am literally sooooooooo excited for every little news to come

The snippet makes me cry :crai:

My chest, the Sierra Madre

My hips, every high and byway

That your trace with your fingertips

like a Toyota

Run your hands over me

like a Land Rover

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523a9a752b8a6479e1a5

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

6 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

The snippet makes me cry :crai:

My chest, the Sierra Madre

My hips, every high and byway

That your trace with your fingertips

like a Toyota

Run your hands over me

like a Land Rover

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523a9a752b8a6479e1a5

omg this gif is literally the perfect visual for the snippet :flutter:

I just saw the trailer for Halsey's album and it is phenomenal, I mention this to say that when a singer puts effort into an album and in the unfolding of the era it is much more fun, exciting and entertaining to enjoy the era, not like Lana with chemtrails that, if you guys ask me, I could almost say that that era NEVER existed. I hope the same does not happen with BB aka LDR8... I really want Lana to put laziness aside and put more effort on giving us an era with visuals and a concept that is striking (BTD for example) but hey... I love Lana and I love her music but honestly and being objective stanning her sometimes it is boring compared to other artists.

I want to clarify that this is not hatred against her, she is my favourite singer and I love her music but as I said, sometimes we die of hunger due to the lack of interaction or lack of determination to take an era to the maximum, the last time that happened. It was with Norman because as I said chemtrails was born and died  a week after cus of the lack of promotion either in advertising or singles with videos.

I don't remember very well how Lana played the other eras but Norman and BTD and maybe LFL are the only ones that come to mind when I think of an era in which the album is called really harnessed, to mention other albums: 1989, Future Nostalgia , WWAFA, WDWG ?, etc etc.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Literally heard the 3 new songs for the first time a week ago and they're gorgeous. Excited for the album uwu

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

19 hours ago, Diamantes WILD said:

bitch went fuckin cottagecore I'm living live well eco queen 

I watch this video way to much lol 

I'm hoping for more stunning lyrics, or some lines that have a double meaning to them (like "look like a million-dollar man, so why is my heart broke" in million dollar man) :oprah: I really think that this album has full potential to be one of her greastest lyrics-wise

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

2 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I just saw the trailer for Halsey's album and it is phenomenal, I mention this to say that when a singer puts effort into an album and in the unfolding of the era it is much more fun, exciting and entertaining to enjoy the era, not like Lana with chemtrails that, if you guys ask me, I could almost say that that era NEVER existed. I hope the same does not happen with BB aka LDR8... I really want Lana to put laziness aside and put more effort on giving us an era with visuals and a concept that is striking (BTD for example) but hey... I love Lana and I love her music but honestly and being objective stanning her sometimes it is boring compared to other artists.

I want to clarify that this is not hatred against her, she is my favourite singer and I love her music but as I said, sometimes we die of hunger due to the lack of interaction or lack of determination to take an era to the maximum, the last time that happened. It was with Norman because as I said chemtrails was born and died  a week alter cus of the lack of promotion either in advertising or singles with videos.

I don't remember very well how Lana played the other eras but Norman and BTD and maybe LFL are the only ones that come to mind when I think of an era in which the album is called really harnessed, to mention other albums: 1989, Future Nostalgia , WWAFA, WDWG ?, etc etc.

Lana was done with Chemtrails way before releasing it because of the delays. She had all those songs sitting there doing nothing cause she had to wait for plants to press the vinyls so when she released it she was already in a different headspace writing and recording new music so I don't blame her. 

Also I don't think she has this concept of eras anymore (if she even had it). We're lucky if we get 1 big MV for the new album :eek3: but I wouldn't call that lazy. Other than the contractual obligations of her label, she doesn't really have to do anything more than writing and releasing music (and we know that she's the opposite of lazy in that aspect). 

But I agree that it would be more exciting if she used the full potential out of her albums in the visual side (the almost creepy Interview Magazine video and the Chemtrails MV were a step in the right direction but that's all we got cause the other videos were just whatever).

I just keep my expectations low on everything other than the music so when she decides to do anything new I'm more excited :smile2:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

1. don't compare her to that rat 

2. I get the frustration of no big eras but Lana isn't a big pop artist and honestly one of the best parts of stanning Lana is the fact she calls all the shots - no matter how questionable they are - u just get the satisfaction of knowing she's in control of her chaos. Chemtrails era was fucked up by Covid which by extension granted us an entirely new album so let's revel in that and hope she delivers and as we've seen so far (aside from the picsart) she IS delivering. She's an alternative singer with pop sensibilities NOT a pop artist :wub:

3. don't compare her to that rat EVER :pout: