Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I just got conflicting feelings of her releasing unreleased stuff that we’ve heard before, I feel like in the past for me it’s usually a hit or miss. Like I love Architecture but I don’t vibe that much with the Best American Record. I too quickly get attached to the demo and then feel weird about the new version

Does anyone else feel that way?

like I’m excited for Thunder but if it’s changed a lot I wonder what it could be like

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

8 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

I remember him saying that the title still wasn’t Blue Banisters from his information sources 

Thank you but that's before what I'm talking about. He said he'll get updated info on Monday the 5th (so he'll see if the title was changed again/changed back to BB, etc.) but then he never posted anything else

16 minutes ago, hashtagtylerh said:

Thank you but that's before what I'm talking about. He said he'll get updated info on Monday the 5th (so he'll see if the title was changed again/changed back to BB, etc.) but then he never posted anything else

Someone asked him that day (Monday) and he said that the title was still not Blue Banisters on his end. I'll try to post a screenshot.

0nxqNLS.jpg

Edited by Venice Peach
Screenshot

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, yayoop said:

I just got conflicting feelings of her releasing unreleased stuff that we’ve heard before, I feel like in the past for me it’s usually a hit or miss. Like I love Architecture but I don’t vibe that much with the Best American Record. I too quickly get attached to the demo and then feel weird about the new version

like I’m excited for Thunder but if it’s changed a lot I wonder what it could be like

Yeah, it’s definitely hit or miss.  With architecture/bar lanz kinda really changed the vibe of the song, and the demo version just hits a lot harder. Also, the fact that we literally have the music video for the demo version (which is so beautiful - I’m still mad it was given to white mustang), and so it kinda sucks seeing what was supposed to be vs what was actually released

I’m super excited thunder is making the cut for the new album, but I do love the demo a lot. the vocal takes, the instrumental, everything - so I am a little scared that she might change some of the things I like so much about it, but idk I have hope

1 hour ago, yayoop said:

wait is thunder getting released?

negAbhB.png

7 hours ago, brandon said:

I’ve really never gotten the trend to hate halsey lmao, I thought we left that in 2015 but okay.

Whether you like her music or not you can’t deny that she does really care about her art and uses it’s full potential (and does it beautifully tbh) something that lanz has been lacking lately :crai:

its not that I hate her because of a trend but comparing her to Lana rubbed me the wrong way 

1 hour ago, brandon said:

I’m super excited thunder is making the cut for the new album, but I do love the demo a lot. the vocal takes, the instrumental, everything - so I am a little scared that she might change some of the things I like so much about it, but idk I have hope

She better not fuck with Thunder by changing the lyrics around or something. The atrocity that happened to BAR on NFR. Why? How can you change the lyrics to a beautiful song and make it terrible? Dammit Lana.

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, brandon said:

I’ve really never gotten the trend to hate halsey lmao, I thought we left that in 2015 but okay.

Whether you like her music or not you can’t deny that she does really care about her art and uses it’s full potential (and does it beautifully tbh) something that lanz has been lacking lately :crai:

My issue w Halsey is how clearly inspired by Lana she was but she won’t even publicly state it, then the whole g-eazy mess, etc.. I don’t think she can truly care about her art when it’s so consistently borrowed from other artists (including Lana) but tea, when I saw the trailer for her film I did kind of think “God, how nice it would be for Lana to do this. + the fact she barely announced it long ago & has a trailer and date near. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

13 hours ago, Diamantes WILD said:

manifesting a magazine shoot w an intervieewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww n a live studio performaaaaanceeeeeeeeeeeee settttttttt 00gUoMt.gif

the way this is like the bare minimum for every other pop girlie :toofunny:

sgopYhV.gif

Based on the songs she's released/teased, I feel like this album won't have its Cherry/Cinnamon Girl/Tulsa Jesus Freak :sadcore4:

Also, as much as I love BB, it's definitely my least favorite title track of hers :bye2:

Currently - Wildflower Wildfire > Blue Banisters> Text Book

unpopular opinion yes, nothing wrong with Text Book but depends on my mood, and no it’s not the BLM lyrics. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

7 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

She better not fuck with Thunder by changing the lyrics around or something. The atrocity that happened to BAR on NFR. Why? How can you change the lyrics to a beautiful song and make it terrible? Dammit Lana.

giphy.gif

Let me blame Jack for that :sass: 'Cause, before his involvement in the track, it was beautiful and the only changes I see in the song besides its length, are the lyrics. :wat: 

30 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Because you’re trying to make room for the other 20 new songs? Hallelujah sister :gclap::angie:

And we can always add the three as *deluxe* bonus tracks! :gclap:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

13 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Wildflower Wildfire:

-Criticisms: This is such an excruciatingly minor thought, but I really would have loved if the crackling(?) sound tapered off a little smoother so it didn’t disappear as abruptly. The melody definitely took time to stick with me, but that’s just my very subjective experience with the track. 

I’m excited to see how everyone else feels!

I really hope the sound effect is gone on the album version as for me it ruined the track. It's such a beautiful song and I don't agree that the effect elevates it in any way, so it was a shame!