Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 hours ago, brandon said:

that’s not a very valid point, seeing as white mustang vid was meant for tnbar and freak was meant for ultraviolence. both those vids made a lot of sense in the context of the songs they were meant for. 

What??!

see this it might just be another one of my horizoned posts but i actually love the melody of the verses, it sounds like she's jogging down the stairs and then coming back up slowly because she forgot her keys or something and then when she sings oklahoma its like u can sense her glaring at ex lover with some kind of hate and still yet some kind of attraction 

and then the pre-choruses are like sounding, im gonna complain a little bit bc its freaking me out and then the softer notes are like oh fuck maybe she's right men don't go for women w legacies in their veins n it scares her 

and then the choruses are like well im assured, are u gonna surprise me? or is this just gonna go down how i expected. bc i was hoping u were different, and then the tone of the song's all like, well i'm kinda like a sea buoy rn the ocean's not too cold it's actually nice I guess it's better than staying in that shit situation 

and then her tones goes is this all? IS THIS ALL? where did I go wrong let me just sleep it off this is tiring maybe i'll feel better after 

u won't get this psychic spiky analysis anywhere else, there u go 

UV/Honeymoon

5 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I love blue banisters but im not a fan of the key change in the verses, the chorus' are far superior, i wish she kept that melody for the whole song

Totally agree. 

1 hour ago, WhiteHot4ever said:

What??!

ahah yeah! the freak video was for ultraviolence - but iirc her label didn’t let her release it bc the song mentions “jim” and they thought the video would evoke a lot of jim morrison cult comparisons and would cause controversy or whatever - that’s why her look is so UV in that vid! and why ultraviolence got such a low budget iphone video despite being her comeback after btd. and there’s no lip syncing lol.

then with white mustang, there were a few videos from behind the scenes of lana singing tnbar, also the video matches the demo of the song perfectly aha, and again - no lip syncing! scrapped tnbar and decided she still wanted to use the video i guess

1 hour ago, brandon said:

ahah yeah! the freak video was for ultraviolence - but iirc her label didn’t let her release it bc the song mentions “jim” and they thought the video would evoke a lot of jim morrison cult comparisons and would cause controversy or whatever - that’s why her look is so UV in that vid! and why ultraviolence got such a low budget iphone video despite being her comeback after btd. and there’s no lip syncing lol.

then with white mustang, there were a few videos from behind the scenes of lana singing tnbar, also the video matches the demo of the song perfectly aha, and again - no lip syncing! scrapped tnbar and decided she still wanted to use the video i guess

Thank you ? for the info! I need to watch the freak video wit the ultra song…

39 minutes ago, WhiteHot4ever said:

Thank you ? for the info! I need to watch the freak video wit the ultra song…

there’s a few on yt! just search “ultraviolence freak video” and a few will pop up lol - there’s one that combines clips from both of em and it’s really nicely done!

Maybe this isn’t a shared sentiment among all fans, but Lana singing, “I ended up awkward but sweet,” is one of the most heartbreaking lines she’s written (for me, at least). I’ve been trying to think of why it shocked me, and I think it’s something to do with this: 

There’s nothing particularly nuanced or lyrically fascinating about that specific line, but I think it marks a huge shift in how Lana is choosing to reveal herself. At least in that particular excerpt of the song, there’s no grandiose or cinematic presentation when she sings that lyric—just a frank, jarring confession of vulnerability.

The recent singles almost feel like really gorgeous diary entries, and I wouldn’t be surprised if she delves even deeper in order to set her story straight 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

21 minutes ago, lizzyschemtrails said:

I’ve been away for a few days - any updates about the album?:party: (I’m not expecting any :crai:)

well... lana & clay have broken up, it seems :tommy: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

2 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Maybe this isn’t a shared sentiment among all fans, but Lana singing, “I ended up awkward but sweet,” is one of the most heartbreaking lines she’s written (for me, at least). I’ve been trying to think of why it shocked me, and I think it’s something to do with this: 

There’s nothing particularly nuanced or lyrically fascinating about that specific line, but I think it marks a huge shift in how Lana is choosing to reveal herself. At least in that particular excerpt of the song, there’s no grandiose or cinematic presentation when she sings that lyric—just a frank, jarring confession of vulnerability.

The recent singles almost feel like really gorgeous diary entries, and I wouldn’t be surprised if she delves even deeper in order to set her story straight 

i had the same feeling about this song!  the most beautiful and painful of the new 3. and it reminded me to sportcruiser too, for the vulnerability as u say

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

how dare u speak such truth :burn: 

Spoiler

blog lol not me having to go l'hopital not even 24 hours after i first listened to WW + those lines bye :burn: 

mUENGN9.png

8 hours ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

Agreed

This comment burns my eyes, what is the reason?? Who could ever maintain an erection while listening to Lana Del Rey?? Put on some deep house, dirty funk, techno, passionate bedroom indie, emotional ambient. Music that has a groove to it and is actually sensual.

Not everyone fucks the same. If that’s your go to ok. There’s meaning to sex and Lana has meaning in music. No judgement. 

pass me my vape.

16 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

because summer is now :oprah3:

Lana would have to release 4 albums every year for every season. :gasp:

Mfhp.gif

10 minutes ago, less said:

Are we sure she is still gonna release Map of L.A. now she’s broken up with Clay??

yeah I'm pretty sure it was made after their break up