Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I like to wander on Lanapedia from time to time, and a couple of possible titles seem to be always returning to the tracklist : Took Me By Surprise, Sand Castles… and a new one just appeared recently (Oklahoma?!?)… I know that pretty much anyone can edit Lanapedia, but has anyone got any info on those songs?!? 

Nah I'm pretty sure they're just trolls. I think nobody (of the *reliable insiders* has ever hinted at Took Me By Surprise, Sand Castles and this new Oklahoma title before?

I think it's just another pre-COCC situation where anyone could add any song title they would like. Like the Acrylic Bible I saw once under "Unconfirmed songs" section lmao.

I won't be surprised if those three titles are added back again, along with Roses Bloom for You, Hey Blue Baby, I Must Be Stupid for Being So Happy, Grenadine Quarantine or If This Is the End... I Want a Boyfriend :scoff: they always add those at some point :eartha: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Spoiler

v1 plain n classic

kHu9mnS.jpg

v2 I like the colors lol

JQVF5lJ.jpg

v3 glowy

uu6gYOy.jpg

I played around w the album cover to make my own version since I missed the HM/LFL round border, I hope she doesn't change it back to something DIY because I really like the one we have now :defeated: 

UbsOye5.png

2 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:
  Hide contents

v1 plain n classic

kHu9mnS.jpg

v2 I like the colors lol

JQVF5lJ.jpg

v3 glowy

uu6gYOy.jpg

I played around w the album cover to make my own version since I missed the HM/LFL round border, I hope she doesn't change it back to something DIY because I really like the one we have now :defeated: 

SCUSE ME MAAM you had NO business popping off like this. Honestly obsessed with version 2 the most, but they’re all fab :kris:

12 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:
  Hide contents

v1 plain n classic

kHu9mnS.jpg

v2 I like the colors lol

JQVF5lJ.jpg

v3 glowy

uu6gYOy.jpg

oooo could you do version 3 but with the version 2 text?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

What do you think Lana means when she sings Tex and Mex are in the Bay?

I've heard that Tex and Mex are her dogs name..

Is it that they are literally in the bay?

met my boyfriend down at the taco truck

5 minutes ago, life is beautiful said:

Isn't the bay a beach?

Mfhp.gif

Maybe this is just me, but the three new singles from BB remind me so much of the last 3 tracks of LFL (Heroin, Change, Get Free). They all seem to share aspects of one another, but here are the main things I noticed: 

To me, WW has the darker, storytelling vibe of Heroin that slowly builds into almost shouting vocals—both are super confessional as well. As another user pointed out, Text Book’s chorus leans into a similar cadence as Get Free’s, and both songs taper off into mellow notes of ambient noise. 

Blue Banisters and Change have (mostly) minimal instrumentation and are lead by cushioned piano notes, but there is some filler “ambience” from the organs and mellotrons, respectively. 

If this makes no sense it’s because I had 4 weed edibles & it took me like 20 minutes to write this:bebe:wish i was kidding

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

16 minutes ago, life is beautiful said:

I assumed she was saying "Tex and Mex are in the backkkk" like that they're just hanging out in the backyard

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

14 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Maybe this is just me, but the three new singles from BB remind me so much of the last 3 tracks of LFL (Heroin, Change, Get Free). They all seem to share aspects of one another, but here are the main things I noticed: 

To me, WW has the darker, storytelling vibe of Heroin that slowly builds into almost shouting vocals—both are super confessional as well. As another user pointed out, Text Book’s chorus leans into a similar cadence as Get Free’s, and both songs taper off into mellow notes of ambient noise. 

Blue Banisters and Change have (mostly) minimal instrumentation and are lead by cushioned piano notes, but there is some filler “ambience” from the organs and mellotrons, respectively. 

If this makes no sense it’s because I had 4 weed edibles & it took me like 20 minutes to write this:bebe:wish i was kidding

I mean it's a bit of a stretch, heroin'd be the equivalent of bb, with the easing of the melodies to more swooping choruses n pre-choruses. 
agree a bit w tb to get free 
ww reminds me of change w the tone of melody n similar more expressed uneasiness in their tone

what distinguishes this release is the literal bluntness in their composition n overall tone to even her just releasing them all at once n then dipping 

wrote this in a minute, not kidding :oic:

UV/Honeymoon

1 hour ago, Diamantes WILD said:

I mean it's a bit of a stretch, heroin'd be the equivalent of bb, with the easing of the melodies to more swooping choruses n pre-choruses. 
agree a bit w tb to get free 
ww reminds me of change w the tone of melody n similar more expressed uneasiness in their tone

what distinguishes this release is the literal bluntness in their composition n overall tone to even her just releasing them all at once n then dipping 

wrote this in a minute, not kidding :oic:

I can definitely see these comparisons too! They all bear some semblance to one another, and I honestly went back and forth depending on what basis I was comparing them from—especially since the triple singles are all decently congruent instrumentally. 

Overall, I just think it’s neat how her past records (particularly LFL given its range of subgenres) unintentionally gave some insight into which soundscapes she would return to. Convos like these where I remember how versatile Lana is compared to many of her compeers:dua:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

18 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I can definitely see these comparisons too! They all bear some semblance to one another, and I honestly went back and forth depending on what basis I was comparing them from—especially since the triple singles are all decently congruent instrumentally. 

Overall, I just think it’s neat how her past records (particularly LFL given its range of subgenres) unintentionally gave some insight into which soundscapes she would return to. Convos like these where I remember how versatile Lana is compared to many of her compeers:dua:

i think ultimately that it just means that she's comfortable in her overall world of sound but still very much moves comfortably and grows from it from her past stuff. 

the dryness of the 3 tracks compared to the more lush kind of production gives me more btd vibes in that way but i hear when ya mention lfl too. i kinda hope she goes a bit more aka i think it's a blend of that with btd i can't explain why atm 

i'm kinda hoping she has more tracks in this overall tone too with the more languid and smoother lush sound that we know she's capable of doing 

she's consistent with her music identity but keeps growing too

UV/Honeymoon

8 hours ago, Sugar Venom said:
  Hide contents

v1 plain n classic

kHu9mnS.jpg

v2 I like the colors lol

JQVF5lJ.jpg

v3 glowy

uu6gYOy.jpg

The 3 covers are great but the v2 is stunning :icant:. I love the pink and purple/blue letters cause it looks like a neon sign

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, normanrockwhale said:

anything new from BoZ or Eclipse?

The atrl thread is even more dead than this one :thumb2:.

And as some people said I don't think he's going to spill much more cause he either knows nothing ar this point or Lana changing everything all the time messes with his credibility. Maybe the week she releases the single we'll get the date early from him or something. 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

The atrl thread is even more dead than this one :thumb2:.

And as some people said I don't think he's going to spill much more cause he either knows nothing ar this point or Lana changing everything all the time messes with his credibility. Maybe the week she releases the single we'll get the date early from him or something. 

I kind of love that Lana is unpredictable.

Mfhp.gif

I’ve been listening to Cherry Blossom quite a lot lately and I really want Lana to rework it with strings, re-record it and release it at some point… Whether it’s for BB or not, she cannot leave such a beautiful song unreleased

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~