Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Our best chance of hearing a new Lana track soon is on the Bleachers album, i’m afraid :lmao:

32 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

The way I check this thread once a day, tops... She really had me excited for a while there, now I’m just... eh. I guess I’ll hear something newsworthy when school has started and things are busy again. :noparty:

I’m feeling exactly the same about the excitement for this album. A tidbit of info every three weeks is really getting painful. 

2 hours ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Bird World is such an ugly name/title. Gives me off brand McDonald's vibes. 

Wait is it called Bird World again? 

I hope so because it's just so unhinged

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

3 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Wait is it called Bird World again? 

I hope so because it's just so unhinged

Nah just speculating. Thank god it's not set in stone :mj:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

To me, BB is in the same vein as hope, it’s her little sister. Both tracks talk about the sadness Lana has experienced and how much it has affected her, but both end on a hopeful note. BB really should be closing the album.

On a side note, I never knew I could cry so much over green and gray banisters. Lana, what did you do to me

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

35 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

To me, BB is in the same vein as hope, it’s her little sister. Both tracks talk about the sadness Lana has experienced and how much it has affected her, but both end on a hopeful note. BB really should be closing the album.

On a side note, I never knew I could cry so much over green and gray banisters. Lana, what did you do to me

Her delivery of the line "and now my blue banisters are green and gray" is so so good. Even though it's supposed to be the positive outcome you also get a sense of sadness and uneasiness. Also the bridge that comes after always gets me :icant:

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Listening to Miles Kane - Loaded after Thunder, makes me want to have an album full of that sound.

right? At least Lana is bringing those tracks from that album back from the dead like look at Godifornia :defeated:

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Our best chance of hearing a new Lana track soon is on the Bleachers album, i’m afraid :lmao:

Actually our best chance is a song whose name has tree words, the first starts with U, the second with F and the third with B :creepna3:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

#leakufb2021

Electric guitars and a soft rock sound pls ... :cat:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

On the plus side, I feel like it’s when everyone has fully given up hope that we usually get something and we all seem quite hopeless atm! :party:

1 hour ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

Electric guitars and a soft rock sound pls ... :cat:

This album is going to be very slow and most of them will have only one instrument - piano, just accept it. The next song is a good example, it's piano only, Thunder and Cherry Blossom are also slow, so no electric guitars, at least for this album.

Random but I have such a love-hate relationship with the “Toyota-Land rover” rhyme from the recent snippet

It almost reminds me of the line in VB that goes, “Ice cream/Ice queen/I dream in jeans and leather.”

It’s such an oversaturated caricature of Americana and Lana’s artistry in general, but it’s one of those lines that I won’t be able to get out of my head for a while lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Random but I have such a love-hate relationship with the “Toyota-Land rover” rhyme from the recent snippet

It almost reminds me of the line in VB that goes, “Ice cream/Ice queen/I dream in jeans and leather.”

It’s such an oversaturated caricature of Americana and Lana’s artistry in general, but it’s one of those lines that I won’t be able to get out of my head for a while lol

I love it because it reminds me of lizzy

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

5 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I love it because it reminds me of lizzy

I remember hearing it for the first time and thinking it sounded just like something she would write anywhere from her Lizzy era up to BTD. It’s almost like the Lizzy/BTD version of Love song—at least, those were the vibes I got lol 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath