Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

58 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Manifesting lana bringing lana lyrics back:nails: no more sitting in the garden watching summer fade away and being blue in a car. We need the violets in between her tights, tangerine dreams and deadly nightshades. If i wanted to hear about boring shit, i would be listening to someone else. I wish nfr never happened cuz it made her realize that critics want boring watered down shit

I'm literally obsessed with deadly nightshades because of her ( pathetic ik )  . The lyrics of the song Ultraviolence still amaze me :trisha:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

5 hours ago, GrenadineGrass said:

i think lana just did born to die and uv so commercial because there was more pressure of the labels to she convice that shes really profitable and because she was really mainstream at the time, so they really wanted to invest on her carreer. I think that lana herself is not really into this type of stuff because it's tiring for her. But I can picture her doing some Tropico again

Honestly, I don't see so much difference between BTD and some songs that she was working on before that. It obviously had a bigger production and it was polished, but the spirit stays the same. She fought for UV at the time, her label didn't wanted it. The final sound is clearly a result of Dan's work, but it still Lana's. 

For me she's way more mainstream and accessible now (my grandmother loves NFR, for example). You can't say that COCC isn't, but it is. Taylor just won AOTY with Folklore. With the pandemic, people started to get more interest in a organic, more folkish and human kind of music.

Obviously she won't make BTD.2 again, but I don't see any problem with UV.2 (not lyrically, but sound wise). I think that her influences and vision had changed. That's why we're getting what we're getting 

4 minutes ago, Aphrodite said:

Lana wouldn't give a fuck. i just think that if you're a fan, calling her lyrics "boring shit" is...:um3: 

you could instead say that you just don't like them maybe :ahh:

its not that deep:thumb3:

58 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Exactly, we all started stanning because she was creating magic with her lyrics, who wants to hear abour washing your hair on a ranch? Her lyrics used to be an escape from reality

I actually think that COCC is the most Lana song since L4L. The lyrics are simple, the melody is gorgeous, but it still has some kind of mystery in it. 

One of my favorite things about Lana's lyrics was that they were apparently quite direct and simple, but if you asked 10 people what was the meaning of the song, you would get 10 different answers. I miss the uncertainty. Now everything is quite clear, maybe even shallow and this makes everything unsettling and kinda boring

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Nnnn not some of you acting like NFR and Cocc haven’t produced some of the worst lyrics of her career- 

“it’s me your little Venice bitch”

”killing me more than polka dots and insta thots”

“Cause every time I said no
It wasn't quite what I mean 
If you know what I mean”

"It's me your little Venice bitch" is iconic af and slander will not be tolerat

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 hours ago, donniedelrey said:

Ugh I'd love a Hunky Dory inspired sound from Lana, it's my favorite Bowie album <3

Also I'm honestly really sad about the musical direction Lana has been heading. Not to be like "I hate Jack" but he just doesn't do Lana justice. Usually the instrumentation matches her vocals and her voice sounds like part of the instrumental, but lately (aka Norman & Chemtrails) it feels like her vocals and the instruments are totally separate. Idk if I'm making sense bc I'm drunk, but my point is that her music isn't an escape anymore. The magic, the ethereal atmosphere, is gone. It's just a voice over some toned down instruments. I can handle two dull albums, but even though I don't want to, I might have to unstan if RCS follows the same musical direction as Norman & Chemtrails ://

This actually makes a lot of sense! On the other hand, imo the LFL instrumentals were better than her voice most of the time with exceptions in 13 Beaches and Heroin which both were perfect. 

I always thought of the cinematic strings vibe as best with Lanas voice, hence why I still consider it to be her signature sound, but others seem to see the folk style as her signature sound (that's true when we go back to her May Jailer and Lizzy days, I admit). 

Lana is legit the only artist I've ever hung around for after not liking 2 albums much and it's because I love BTD-Honeymoon so much I can never leave. 

Nnnn not some of you acting like NFR and Cocc haven’t produced some of the worst lyrics of her career- 

If you know what I mean”

I usually agree with you, but Venice Bitch is not that bad. The song might be a little bit degrading, but she's degrading herself, so I don't have any problem with it and I don't find it cringe 

2 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I usually agree with you, but Venice Bitch is not that bad. The song might be a little bit degrading, but she's degrading herself, so I don't have any problem with it and I don't find it cringe 

I think venice bitch is just all round a little immature, but it's also so sweet, I can't hate it but can't love it either. 

I'm all good with degrading either way tho. I'll cry all night to "love you more than those bitches before" :icant:

If you know what I mean”

I must be fucking stupid because I heard insta thots as insta dots, and was wondering why she said dots twice, and also wondering where and what these dots are on instagram :toofunny: 

13 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I must be fucking stupid because I heard insta thots as insta dots, and was wondering why she said dots twice, and also wondering where and what these dots are on instagram :toofunny: 

Same lol Afterwards I heard "instant thoughts" which makes more sense in my opinion

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

I interpreted “it wasn’t quite what I meaned” as a

her ambivalent response to the offer of a drink in the previous line with her being an alcoholic, possibly a “mean drunk”. She rejected the offer, but she didn’t want to. 

10 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

Same lol Afterwards I heard "instant thoughts" which makes more sense in my opinion

Insta thoughts is what I'm gonna pretend it is now!

But glad it wasn't only me. I was even going to post here asking "what are the insta dots she's talking about?" :lel:

14 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

Been lurking/reading through this thread....its a lowkey mess. Everything feels a bit off topic. :smile4:

Yes lol because we don't really have anything to talk about...Lana give us a sign :trisha:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Looking at the upcoming releases either for May or June, I get the feeling we will have some news soon. If we don’t, I’ll tell myself it’s not coming in the next two-three months. 
i know it’s her we’re talking about and she never does anything like anyone else and I know Chemtrails is still new, but I think we all deserve a pause of waiting anxiously for her to drop something at any moment.

She can delay this album till 2022 if it means she will rework it with Mike Dean. If its by jack, i dont want it. Ever:nails:

btw it looks like we r getting another unfinished album full of scraps with iphone promo photos... she needs to get a break and come up with a decent era and different sound. Feels like we r in a one endless era since 2018

What if she covers Happiness is a Warm Gun from the Beatles after releasing Happiness is a Butterfly?

It could be a great last track to put an end to the snooze fest carnival