Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

The way we’re probably gunna get another boring piano ballad album about her being a rich woman in California who loves to hate being famous with random but “clever” lyrics that are marina tier cringe about climate change and racial tensions in America that she low key only writes to impress her new targeted audience that consists of long time menopausal geriatric ass bitches Joni Mitchell and Joan Baez’ 

49 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

we all know what we r gonna get:eartha2: 10 piano ballads about nikki riding a tractor in oklahoma. the delusion is strong

Given we've got three singles and only one is a piano ballad, I dunno... 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

5 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

The way we’re probably gunna get another boring piano ballad album about her being a rich woman in California who loves to hate being famous with random but “clever” lyrics that are marina tier cringe about climate change and racial tensions in America that she low key only writes to impress her new targeted audience that consists of long time menopausal geriatric ass bitches Joni Mitchell and Joan Baez’ 

:bebe:

Capture.jpg

8 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

The way we’re probably gunna get another boring piano ballad album

There is only one piano ballad on COCC....

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

28 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

you're having a breakdown huh?:pls:

37 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

dude lol ur on lanaboards. a lana fan forum. so idk why u are saying this about lana's artistry on a literal forum made to idolise her music:smile3: tempted to beat ur ass up tbh:smile3: 

mUENGN9.png

19 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

we know 6 songs from the tracklist so far and 4 of them r piano ballads:awk:

Pretty sure we know 4 and only 2 of them are Piano Ballads. If you add Thunder and Cherry blossom then that is 3 piano ballads. 

I want her to rework Cherry Blossom and Thunder almost beyond recognition. I want to be surprised with every note and lyric change. I don't care if she butchers them cause the OG leaks aren't going anywhere. I want chaos :hype:

giphy.gif

re: the "piano ballads". if u don't like lana's "ballads" u probably have fundamentally misunderstood her. she started her career w "ballads" :bebe:

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I want her to rework Cherry Blossom and Thunder almost beyond recognition. I want to be surprised with every note and lyric change. I don't care if she butchers them cause the OG leaks aren't going anywhere. I want chaos :hype:

and yes! i'd rather have multiple versions with multiple story lines (hence why i'm totally okay w reworked stuff like tnbar)

mUENGN9.png

Just now, Alison by Slowdive said:

re: the "piano ballads". if u don't like lana's "ballads" u probably have fundamentally misunderstood her. she started her career w "ballads" :bebe:

Also having 3 or 4 piano ballads doesn't mean that's all we're going to get in the album. NFR had like 5 o 6 and we still got some beach bops and slow jams :brows:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

dude lol ur on lanaboards. a lana fan forum. so idk why u are saying this shit about lana's artistry on a literal forum made to idolise her music :smile3: tempted to beat ur ass up tbh :smile3: 

Babe I love Lana and will defend this puta till I’m blue in the head, I just miss being excited being a stan for her, she is by far my favourite artist but it’s difficult connecting with her music the same way, like releases used to be so well thought out and her artistry commanded so much grandeur and escapism that really made things interesting but I can’t help but feel her releases these last few records have felt so much like she’s caved into trying to appeal to critics and like an older crowd as if her audience isn’t entirely made up of Generation Z listeners

Like I don’t want her depressed, some of unreleased happy Lizzy songs are some of her BEST and I def wouldn’t want her to be singing songs about partying and drugs or whatever it is commonly associated with younger artists, but maturing definitely does not need to mean making more boring music

Laid back instrumentation DOES NOT imply better quality art and honestly with a few standout tracks Chemtrails was honestly a miss and whilst these last 3 singles are beautiful melodically it’s like...girl we’ve heard this a million times

She experimented so much as an artist in the past, and I can’t help but feel she’s stagnated as an artist like we’ve been stuck on like the same similar topics in different fonts for like so long, her writing has grown leaps and bounds which is great but at the end of the day it’s music and if it sounds sonically boring it’s boring like if I wanted to hear literature I’d listen to an audiobook 

I see that we're in a negative mood today here on LB :dua:

imageproxy.jpg

Manifesting full piano ballad album. I need another Bel Air, Video Games, Old Money, Terrence Loves You, Change, Bartender, Hope..., Happiness is a Butterfly, NFR, Beautiful People, HtD, Is this Happiness, Fine China, God Knows I Tried, Wildflower Wildfire, Blue Banisters and French Restaurant

12 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

Babe I love Lana and will defend this puta till I’m blue in the head, I just miss being excited being a stan for her, she is by far my favourite artist but it’s difficult connecting with her music the same way, like releases used to be so well thought out and her artistry commanded so much grandeur and escapism that really made things interesting but I can’t help but feel her releases these last few records have felt so much like she’s caved into trying to appeal to critics and like an older crowd as if her audience isn’t entirely made up of Generation Z listeners

Like I don’t want her depressed, some of unreleased happy Lizzy songs are some of her BEST and I don’t def wouldn’t want her to be singing songs about partying and drugs or whatever it is commonly associated with younger artists, but maturing definitely does not need to mean making more boring music

Laid back instrumentation DOES NOT imply better quality art and honestly with a few standout tracks Chemtrails was honestly a miss and whilst these last 3 singles are beautiful melodically it’s like...girl we’ve heard this a million times

She experimented so much as an artist in the past, and I can’t help but feel she’s stagnated as an artist like we’ve been stuck on like the same similar topics in different fonts for like so long, her writing has grown leaps and bounds which is great but at the end of the day it’s music and if it sounds sonically boring it’s boring like if I wanted to hear literature I’d listen to an audiobook 

understood - we all just want glam baddie music. but i cannot forgive: "menopausal geriatric ass bitches Joni Mitchell and Joan Baez" :oprah2: :willcut: anyway, let's just all listen to heavy hitter

mUENGN9.png