Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Everyone has their tastes and opinions which of course are all valid and understandable, but I would literally rather listen to Jack debates again over piano debates. I think that the term "piano flop" has given me PTSD (or at least added onto what I already have from my own life lol)

ANYWAYS 

I'm hoping that we have some news by the end of the month, it probably won't happen, but I'm still holding onto my hope for an October album (as delusional as that may be)

imageproxy.jpg

Ouf the energy in here :whoopi:

about the piano ballads and minimal production… I must say that I was a bit disappointed at first by the direction of the album. Partly because Chemtrails was so quiet and partly because of my expectations for a summer / revenge album from her. 
but I am now ready for whatever she wants to throw at us, musically speaking. I have « buried » the summer album from her (Lorde will probably have more chances of satisfying me in that regard), and enjoy Billie’s last record for bigger prod and am looking forward for Halsey’s LP as well (can’t believe I’m saying that, but a Trent and Atticus LP is enough to possibly make me enjoy it). Are those artists Lana? No, and I won’t be as « happy » with those as I was with Norman (her last « big » album), but BB has a surprising direction and got me curious. 

Diversity is the spice of life, yin and yang, balance etc etc 

it’s totally okay for people to voice their grievances if they’re not enjoying the music, and it’s also totally okay for people to be upset from hearing such things… we need both…… idk I wish we could all learn to take a moment to appreciate what people are saying/doing even if we don’t vibe with it, before we respond 

this post was useless lol I didn’t say anything

but such is life and im bored

i had more written out but I deleted it, I just can’t find the words

i feel very sad I don’t want to contribute here lately because of all the bickering and it’s like there’s absolutely no room for disagreement and each person thinks they’re right instead of recognizing that each side has some merit…. Everything just feels useless :noparty: idk if any other older members can relate but it feels like something has changed on here, I miss how it used to be

UbsOye5.png

2 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

1.WW piano ballad

2.Flopbook not a piano ballad

3.Blue balls piano ballad

4.Cherry flop piano ballad

5.Thunder

6.Map of la piano ballad

:bye:

WW isn’t a piano ballad! 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

wow a bunch of users just came in here n made this thread unbearable.....:oprah2: some of us are trying to have fun n keep this eras hype alive while theres silence from lana. obviously nothing has happened.... there hasnt been any word from lana and no insiders have been speaking on her for weeks now. the least we can do is do our best to have fun n keep this era hyped up while we wait. IF a new thread is created for hype then we’ll go there, but for now this is the only thread for BB so the hype kinda only fits here n i dont see why anyones complaining. :um:

Oh, so now it's time to slander the new tracks just because they have a lot of piano? Jeez. Pages of hate to the new songs when they're actually beautiful.

But apparently a section of LB is not ready for that conversation.

ANYWAYS I hope the announcement is soon, the album would be lovely for the end of summer / during the fall.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Wildfire here: while I miss the Paradise/Honeymoon and UV sound, I really don't expect Lana to make another record with that same old sound (maybe something similar in a very long time from now, but not equal). Real artists evolve and she is one of the few modern mainstream artists that have done this many times in a very little space of time. She came from folk to experimental indie rock to arabian electronic music to dance music (Boom Like That strikes again) to hip hop to chamber pop to pop to jazz to rock to blues rock to orchestral jazz rock to trip hop to trap to folk rock to piano ballads to soft pop rock to country-influenced music to indie folk to singer-songwriter style and I'm sure this list will get each album longer. She's just like Bowie or Madonna, she "keeps changing all the time". Everyone have different tastes and everyone must respect the differences between us, but we can't just keep driving in a white car and living in an endless delulu world tour. There's something we all must agree and know about, something that is necessary for a better world of equality, justice, respect and love: Boom Like That - Leak of the Decade

8 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

Wildfire here: while I miss the Paradise/Honeymoon and UV sound, I really don't expect Lana to make another record with that same old sound (maybe something similar in a very long time from now, but not equal). Real artists evolve and she is one of the few modern mainstream artists that have done this many times in a very little space of time. She came from folk to experimental indie rock to arabian electronic music to dance music (Boom Like That strikes again) to hip hop to chamber pop to pop to jazz to rock to blues rock to orchestral jazz rock to trip hop to trap to folk rock to piano ballads to soft pop rock to country-influenced music to indie folk to singer-songwriter style and I'm sure this list will get each album longer. She's just like Bowie or Madonna, she "keeps changing all the time". Everyone have different tastes and everyone must respect the differences between us, but we can't just keep driving in a white car and living in an endless delulu world tour. There's something we all must agree and know about, something that is necessary for a better world of equality, justice, respect and love: Boom Like That - Leak of the Decade

Lana literally evolved the most between BTD and PAradise and Ultraviolence and even Honeymoon, all those albums sound wildly different from one another, I’m not saying I want her to make another record with “that same old sound” I want her to reignite the fire she used have under her ass that got her to create entirely new soundscapes every era for those first few years

Using less and less instrumentation with a less larger sound and basing everything around a piano is not “evolving”, it’s being stagnant 

8 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

Lana literally evolved the most between BTD and PAradise and Ultraviolence and even Honeymoon, all those albums sound wildly different from one another, I’m not saying I want her to make another record with “that same old sound” I want her to reignite the fire she used have under her ass that got her to create entirely new soundscapes every era for those first few years

Using less and less instrumentation with a less larger sound and basing everything around a piano is not “evolving”, it’s being stagnant 

making music that's mellow & sparse instrumentally doesn't necessarily mean that she doesn't have any "fire under her ass" or that she's stagnant, she currently prefers a mellow sound & genre, it isn't luscious & cinematic like paradise or honeymoon, it's more casual & introspective, which is totally fine, we are entitled to our opinions about the music itself, but let's not act like she isn't working constantly, we get an album almost every year, she's very prolific

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Amidst all the disagreements and differing perspectives, I’m pretty sure we can all agree on the text book cover looking better without the black skin blotches :rip:

B054-D151-91-A5-45-A1-80-EA-8559-BE2-ACF

I still can't forgive the PicsArt covers, but of course this looks better! I wonder if we'll get more of the official cover photoshoot so we can make new covers for the three singles from there :dua: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Hi all, Just popping in to say I've officially knocked this thread back to a Pre-Pre-Release Thread, which means when we have more concrete information such as a certain release date, I will lock this thread and create a new Pre-Release Thread. This is what we typically do for releases as you all may recall, but because she announced this album so quickly with seemingly a title and date, we went straight to Pre-Release. Since it appears there's still going to be some time until more concrete information comes out, this will now serve as the Pre-Pre-Release Thread for the upcoming album's discussion.

Thanks guys! Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday. Neptune's in retrograde, so look out x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 minutes ago, Elle said:

Hi all, Just popping in to say I've officially knocked this thread back to a Pre-Pre-Release Thread, which means when we have more concrete information such as a certain release date, I will lock this thread and create a new Pre-Release Thread. This is what we typically do for releases as you all may recall, but because she announced this album so quickly with seemingly a title and date, we went straight to Pre-Release. Since it appears there's still going to be some time until more concrete information comes out, this will now serve as the Pre-Pre-Release Thread for the upcoming album's discussion.

Thanks guys! Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday. Neptune's in retrograde, so look out x

i think this is like the 6th time this thread's title was changed :hide: 

thanks elle! :kiss:

WGe8ynS.gif

We've been bumped to two pres.....Lana please...give us something :trisha:

imageproxy.jpg