Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

13 minutes ago, Elle said:

Hi all, Just popping in to say I've officially knocked this thread back to a Pre-Pre-Release Thread, which means when we have more concrete information such as a certain release date, I will lock this thread and create a new Pre-Release Thread. This is what we typically do for releases as you all may recall, but because she announced this album so quickly with seemingly a title and date, we went straight to Pre-Release. Since it appears there's still going to be some time until more concrete information comes out, this will now serve as the Pre-Pre-Release Thread for the upcoming album's discussion.

Thanks guys! Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday. Neptune's in retrograde, so look out x

This thread is evolving but like backwards lolย :crying2:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

10 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

ย 

making music that's mellow & sparse instrumentally doesn't necessarily mean that she doesn't have any "fire under her ass" or that she's stagnant, she currently prefers a mellow sound & genre, it isn't luscious & cinematic like paradise or honeymoon, it's more casual & introspective, which is totally fine, we are entitled to our opinions about the music itself, but let's not act like she isn't working constantly, we get an album almost every year, she's very prolific

ย 

Yeah but her last two albums and possibly the newest album (if we judge them based on singles) sound very similar. That's not good. She's not evolving as fast as she was before if she's too comfortable with the minimalist piano sound in her latest albums. I will never understand why many musicians are the most creative in their 20s while authors are at middle age-old age.ย 

Also, she seems too confident with her soccer mom meets cottage core aesthetic which is cute in COCC but she better be interesting in BB if she keeps the same style.ย 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm freeย 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

28 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

and it FEEEEEEELS like we only go BAAAACKWARDSSSS........

ย 

lana collab with tame impala for BB challengeย :smokes:

OK but for real...I think Lana with Tame Impala production would slap.

ย 

Also if piano is still prevalent on BB I hope it'll be sonorous and haunting (which apparently could be the point since the first seconds of the Map of LA snippet sound low-key dark)

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Not that long ago she wrote,ย produced and then unfortunately cutย โ€˜Serene Queen,โ€™ which certainly had a groovy, high tech/techo, studio-manipulated sound.ย 
ย 

She might return to a broadly similar sound at any time, at least for a few cuts.
ย 

I admit that, though I loved almost all of COCC, after most of NFR! andย the three recent singles, Iโ€™m personally pretty tired of the slower, piano-ballady tracks.ย 

20 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

OK but for real...I think Lana with Tame Impala production would slap.

ย 

Also if piano is still prevalent on BB I hope it'll be sonorous and haunting (which apparently could be the point since the first seconds of the Map of LA snippet sound low-key dark)

ย 

it really would!! i love the idea of a classic lana sound with just a little added groove - i really think that collab would be MAGICย :bop:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

Not that long ago she wrote,ย produced and then unfortunately cutย โ€˜Serene Queen,โ€™ which certainly had a groovy, high tech/techo, studio-manipulated sound.ย 
ย 

She might return to a broadly similar sound at any time, at least for a few cuts.
ย 

I admit that, though I loved almost all of COCC, after most of NFR! andย the three recent singles, Iโ€™m personally pretty tired of the slower, piano-ballady tracks.ย 

Ihated COCCk but loved NFR. And as for the piano ballady songs,ย This is Happiness is my fav Lana song.ย 

Last.FMย |ย Discogsย |ย Letterboxd

fUsMzFd.jpeg

6 hours ago, Elle said:

Hi all, Just popping in to say I've officially knocked this thread back to a Pre-Pre-Release Thread, which means when we have more concrete information such as a certain release date, I will lock this thread and create a new Pre-Release Thread. This is what we typically do for releases as you all may recall, but because she announced this album so quickly with seemingly a title and date, we went straight to Pre-Release. Since it appears there's still going to be some time until more concrete information comes out, this will now serve as the Pre-Pre-Release Thread for the upcoming album's discussion.

Thanks guys! Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday. Neptune's in retrograde, so look out x

:eek:ย 

Spoiler

Lana post the Tracklist already stop clowning us miss delay what about that single you were suppose to release today would be such a good day to release itย 

ย 

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,ย ย je sais que tu m'aimes aussiย ~

When Lana actuallyย posts everything today and this thread has been a pre-pre-release thread for only aย day after weeks of discussionsย :thumb2:

4 hours ago, BangerzCyrus said:

Does anyone else prefer the PicsArt cover where it looks like she has skin cancer to the new cover? She's kinda serving Caitlyn Jenner.

absolutely not

7 hours ago, LanaTheRay said:

Lana literally evolved the most between BTD and PAradise andย Ultraviolence and even Honeymoon, all those albums sound wildly different from one another, Iโ€™m not saying I want her to make another record with โ€œthatย same old soundโ€ I want her to reigniteย the fire she used have under her ass that got her to createย entirely new soundscapesย every era for those first few years

ย 

Using less and less instrumentation with a less larger sound and basing everythingย around a piano is not โ€œevolvingโ€, itโ€™s being stagnantย 

ย 

ย 

Actually Norman, Chemtrails and BB sound totally different even though they all have a piano.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

@Elleย saying that she's locking this thread after we get a new pre release thread with concrete info. After I mentioned that this thread is Ina state of limbo and should be locked....my impactย :ma:

Seriously though, I'm happy there will be a new thread. This one is just cursed af.ย :hillary:

2 hours ago, COCC said:

When Lana actuallyย posts everything today and this thread has been a pre-pre-release thread for only aย day after weeks of discussionsย :thumb2:

the way this is such a likely scenarioย 

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,ย ย je sais que tu m'aimes aussiย ~

woke up from the heat n drank water n now u know what i realized. after finishing loki recently watched ts4 nย she's giving off gabby gabby vibes on the cover from toy story also maybe she's thinking more of how to protect her sound seeing as she's literally the only one rn w her own league of sound. mariah, beyonce, superstar vocalists and their legacies are at a different scale but compared to her actual peers, she's got the most hold on her world, creation because it's only hers and no one elses. i still hope she goes down harder w the music on this one thoย 

UV/Honeymoon