Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Omg Paradise is a "Piano Ballad Album" 

Honeymoon as well!! 

Rick Nowels  – piano (tracks 1–3, 10, 12)

Let's not forget Lust for Life!!

• Rick Nowels –  piano (tracks 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15)
  • Kieron Menzies – piano (track 8)
  • Zac Rae – piano (track 10)
  • Patrick Warren  piano (tracks 13)
  • Jahaan Sweet – piano (track 6)

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

5 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

songs that feature piano and instrumentally mainly based around a piano*

And the title song Norman Rockwell video literally has Lana sat fake playing on a piano.

Yep - I pointed out the songs that are mainly based around piano as "piano ballads".  The others aren't mainly based around piano. 

And yeah the NFR video does have Lana playing piano because its an instrument that features especially in the intro of the song. Doesn't make it a piano ballad. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

2 minutes ago, LanaBoi said:

Omg Paradise is a "Piano Ballad Album" 

Honeymoon as well!! 

Rick Nowels  – piano (tracks 1–3, 10, 12)

Let's not forget Lust for Life!!

• Rick Nowels –  piano (tracks 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15)
  • Kieron Menzies – piano (track 8)
  • Zac Rae – piano (track 10)
  • Patrick Warren  piano (tracks 13)
  • Jahaan Sweet – piano (track 6)

Took me so long to realize that Lana is a flop artist :oprah:

5 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

And the title song Norman Rockwell video literally has Lana sat fake playing on a piano.

Oh no what to do !!!!

Taylor jumped into a piano during cardigan video. Omg it is a Piano Ballad album omg of omg !!!!!

Omg Harry styles was playing piano during Falling video. BIGGEST PIANO BALLAD ALBUM.!!

1 minute ago, empty sky said:

i can't believe we're having a conversation abt piano making literally any song a piano ballad:eartha:

Maybe we are not so brainy and cant draw such marvellous conclusions like certain people :(

2 minutes ago, empty sky said:

i can't believe we're having a conversation abt piano making literally any song a piano ballad:eartha:

yaaasss when dealer ends up having some piano in it and becomes her best piano ballad yet!!! 

3 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

lana, my favourite contemporary artist, is a flop?!?!?!?! fuck :'( 

Yes. Because she’s using a piano sometimes. You can‘t argue with that :oprah3:

Okay like we’re arguing over semantics at this point, fact is Lana has been making mellow and instrumentally stripped songs the last 3 records that heavily feature a piano, if this wasn’t true there wouldn’t be such discourse on it that consumed like the last 15 pages of this pre release thread

12 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Emile haynie: keyboards (tracks 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15); additional keyboards (tracks 2, 5, 10, 12)

Jeff bhasker: keyboard (track 5); additional keyboards (track 6, 9)

Liam howe  – additional keyboards(14)

RICK nowels- keyboard (15)

al Shux - track 12 keyboard

Patrick Warren- keyboard 11,15.

For BTD.

bye. get ur facts right before u whine 

If you look at the rest of the personnel on that records there are hoards of other instruments on top of these tracks that feature piano, on these last two records especially Cocc there’s only a handful of instruments besides piano.

6 minutes ago, empty sky said:

LANA HELP we are talking about how all songs in existence are piano ballads and even worse, talking about sales

mUENGN9.png

38 minutes ago, Escapology said:

NFR! was even very original in his piano ballads, as Lana had never dabbled in it before. But then Chemotrails followed, and now three BB singles and «My Body is Map of LA..». Chemtrails and new singles are not bad, but personally I'm a little tired of Lana's piano and high-pitched vocals.

Tell me you never listened to her discography without telling me you never listened to her discography.

BTD: Video Games

Paradise: Yayo
UV: Old Money

LFL: BPBP, Change

and these are the more „pure piano“ ballads excluding demos and unreleased stuff. Honeymoon had some ballads too, but the instrumental arrangements are impeccable so people like to ignore that album in this matter. LFL as summery as it is has a lot of ballads. Also I wouldn’t exactly call her vocals anywhere high pitched lmao?? Except for NAWWAL she doesn’t use her high register as much. Less so on the three singles

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

2 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

Okay like we’re arguing over semantics at this point, fact is Lana has been making mellow and instrumentally stripped songs the last 3 records that heavily feature a piano, if this wasn’t true there wouldn’t be such discourse on it that consumed like the last 15 pages of this pre release thread

That is the general sonic direction everyone seems to be taking now. Post covid era.

Billie. Lorde. St Vincent. Lana. Taylor. 

I wont be surprised if Katy comes up with something similar too. 

Also let's not forget. Lana was leaning into folk in some parts of LFL which she explored further in NFR . And leaned into a country-folk-indie production on COCC.

I don't understand how u can say TG,CG,TFJ,DT,FIILY,California are mellow .

She is changing her style of writing and singing to make it more autobiographical than ever 

4 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

If you look at the rest of the personnel on that records there are hoards of other instruments on top of these tracks that feature piano, on these last two records especially Cocc there’s only a handful of instruments besides piano.

moral of the story - if lana wants to make more stripped back music (even though there are PLENTY of tracks on the last two albums that aren’t that stripped or mellow..), she can do that and will still have an abundance of people who love and adore her music (shocking i know, can you believe people actually like stripped back music?! or even… piano music?!) and that doesn’t mean she’s driving her career into the ground :D