Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I don’t like the way I feel about Lana at the moment, I feel irritated by her and underwhelmed it’s hard to say but I almost feel like I don’t like her personality at all as of late…so it’s affected my anticipation for Blue Banisters. I just want to go back to loving her again as a person not just for her music?

i have to say that i totally agree :/ i keep looking back at the honeymoon ig page n her old posts n just missing the vibe she used to give off. she seems happy in her personal life but much more shut down n almost like she has her nose turned up at her fans and fame in general. i just feel like she could show her dislike for fame but still give us what she used to give. she seems super withdrawn n over it. i really dont like it at all. 

i think she needs to realize she's not the mistakes of others or her own for that matter, and that she can be whoever she wants. it can be difficult to get back to that kind of self after all the rocks and storms she's danced in but no one else can do it for u so she's gotta take that into account. it can be dreadful buoying the way she seems like she's doing but like she said it takes getting everything you've ever wanted n losing it to find true freedom. things not lasting only make things the more meaningful. i hope she's reevaluating her soul n then figures out what to do next. she's too good to let her own self down like this if there were any self doubt. snap out of it kween.

UV/Honeymoon

i just feel like if past lana saw this album rollout and chemtrails album rollout she would be so disappointed in herself. i feel like lanas lost her spark or its just gotten buried underneath her hate for the spotlight but im really hoping im proven wrong. 

I really need her to cover Hotel California but I don't think it would fit BB (well it depends on her rendition). Ever since I listened to God Knows I Tried I couldn't stop thinking about it :crying4:

(I also need a studio version of Wicked Game) 

giphy.gif

I've probably already said this before because it's been on my mind for years, but I've always wanted to hear Lana do a cover of I'm In The Mood For Love. I think that she could make it fit onto BB no matter what genre it ends up being focused on since there's multiple versions of it (although something emulating the Julie London version would be top tier)

imageproxy.jpg

honestly as long as i get the music eventually i don't really care about how long the roll-out is, or if it's "messy", or if there's a lack of promo :whatever2: it doesn't matter that much if she doesn't do dozens of interviews or photoshoots, or even if the music videos are lackluster, if the music is good & i enjoy it, that's all i care about, i think she still cares about her career and her artistry, she just doesn't feel like doing interviews or other traditional forms of promotion at this point, and i don't really blame her for keeping it lowkey, she's older and she probably wants to focus on her personal life, also after all of the controversies she's been through the past year (although she easily could've avoided some of them...) being famous can bring a lot of privilege to your life, such as wealth & a lot of freedom within your career, but i'd bet that having millions of people know who you are, especially having millions of people criticize you ruthlessly since the start of your mainstream career can be very difficult, let's not forget that she's a human being too, just like the rest of us

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Lack of engagement with fans, being very messy and causing total confusion , lying about release dates when she should really not say anything, the whole question for the culture saga, constantly going on and posting  about people I really don’t care about (Nikki lane etc.) Making us think she’s going to release an album with fire and energy ‘I want revenge’ then gives us slow minimal production ballads…I could go on that’s just off the top of my head. But it’s a real hype killer.  She seems like she’s on another planet at times and not really grounded…she has this ‘oh I do whatever, who cares’ attitude and I don’t really like it. 

ok you can think that but what can she do tbh, first there are somethings like QFTC and the release date thing that should be forgotten for good, and all of these things about lacking engagement with fans and posting about nikki lane is her business only. 

it's clear that she wants to give a step-back from fame and if that prioritizes her mental health and overall happiness she should! she doesn't need to build hype around anything and she's been that way for a long time, a month without album related uptades won't kill anyone

6 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

ok you can think that but what can she do tbh, first there are somethings like QFTC and the release date thing that should be forgotten for good, and all of these things about lacking engagement with fans and posting about nikki lane is her business only. 

it's clear that she wants to give a step-back from fame and if that prioritizes her mental health and overall happiness she should! she doesn't need to build hype around anything and she's been that way for a long time, a month without album related uptades won't kill anyone

It’s not even that it’s just her personality in general that is grating on me along with the messy releases.  I’m all for looking after mental health, but she sure as fuck doesn’t care about our mental health or emotional state the way she dicks us around.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

7 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

It’s not even that it’s just her personality in general that is grating on me along with the messy releases.  I’m all for looking after mental health, but she sure as fuck doesn’t care about our mental health or emotional state the way she dicks us around.  

it's really not her responsibility or her problem if your mental/emotional health is seriously affected by her not giving updates on her album when you think she should, she doesn't make music so she can keep her fans' mental health in check :bye: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

it's really not her responsibility or her problem if your mental/emotional health is seriously affected by her not giving updates on her album when you think she should, she doesn't make music so she can keep her fans' mental health in check :bye: 

Sure, but the confusion she’s bringing isn’t exactly helpful or necessary. This does not happen with other artists.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Just now, Diamantes WILD said:

i feel like ya'll dont really wanna argue ya just want time to pass by bc the thread's actually like hibernating XRHcdS3.gif

we could fix that... maybe we could... start a gifgate? XRHcdS3.gif

2 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

just listened to nawwal i'm chillin LuFa6H8.gif

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

XRHcdS3.gif

i've been spamming the same gif for three damn days XRHcdS3.gif

ufb pre-leak's got me in a haze XRHcdS3.gif