Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

wait i wanna argue again. some of u guys' mental and emotional states are ACTUALLY being affected by... this?? lmaoooo i... XRHcdS3.gif

it's sad that we can't even all agree that the three singles are classics... XRHcdS3.gif blue banisters is beautiful & touching, text book is confessional & gorgeous, and wildflower wildfire is a cathartic magnum opus! XRHcdS3.gif

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

@Diamantes WILD was stanning chemtrails in this thread

we were spamming with @Alison by Slowdive

i said, "i'm scared of the leak drought, i wish that we'd have garden of eden"

i said, the power of this forum could bring absolutely anything

except what we want

the leaks, the album news, & insiders

the things that make this forum go crazy

XRHcdS3.gif

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

@Diamantes WILD was stanning chemtrails in this thread

we were spamming with @Alison by Slowdive

i said, "i'm scared of the leak drought, i wish that we'd have garden of eden"

i said, the power of this forum could bring absolutely anything

except what we want

the leaks, the album news, & insiders

the things that make this forum go crazy

XRHcdS3.gif

the power of our posts can bring absolutely N E thing 'cept that one thing the leaks the album n uuuhhhh aaahhhh uhhhp daaaaaaaa aaaaaayyyy aaaaaaates XRHcdS3.gif the thing that washes 'way the pre-releeaaaaaaaasee waaaaaaaii hey heyyy aiitiinnnngggg XRHcdS3.gif

UV/Honeymoon

2 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

honestly as long as i get the music eventually i don't really care about how long the roll-out is, or if it's "messy", or if there's a lack of promo :whatever2: it doesn't matter that much if she doesn't do dozens of interviews or photoshoots, or even if the music videos are lackluster, if the music is good & i enjoy it, that's all i care about, i think she still cares about her career and her artistry, she just doesn't feel like doing interviews or other traditional forms of promotion at this point, and i don't really blame her for keeping it lowkey, she's older and she probably wants to focus on her personal life, also after all of the controversies she's been through the past year (although she easily could've avoided some of them...) being famous can bring a lot of privilege to your life, such as wealth & a lot of freedom within your career, but i'd bet that having millions of people know who you are, especially having millions of people criticize you ruthlessly since the start of your mainstream career can be very difficult, let's not forget that she's a human being too, just like the rest of us

All of this. Which is why i don't blame her for not being as engaged anymore. And i would rather she doesn't because of the lack of respect she receives. Its really sad. If i'm completely honest, i wouldn't mind if she decided to go ghost for a little from social media. Especially as of late. Her mental health and wellbeing is important. So I don't mind waiting on an album

4 minutes ago, urbannoize said:

All of this. Which is why i don't blame her for not being as engaged anymore. And i would rather she doesn't because of the lack of respect she receives. Its really sad. If i'm completely honest, i wouldn't mind if she decided to go ghost for a little from social media. Especially as of late. Her mental health and wellbeing is important. So I don't mind waiting on an album

especially since she's released a lot in the past year or so, multiple singles, her poetry book & it's accompanying audio-book, as well as chemtrails in march, yes, she is setting up the expectation for another upcoming album, but we can't act like she's abandoning the album or that she's lazy and doesn't care because she changes plans and she isn't 100% straight-forward, but she always comes through eventually and that is what matters the most, i don't mind her being low-key, and at the end of the day she still has plenty of music from past releases and hundreds of leaked songs, it's not like we can't appreciate her other music while we wait for this one

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

7 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I don’t like the way I feel about Lana at the moment, I feel irritated by her and underwhelmed it’s hard to say but I almost feel like I don’t like her personality at all as of late…so it’s affected my anticipation for Blue Banisters. I just want to go back to loving her again as a person not just for her music?

Everyone here is acting like an awkward, but sweet wildflower. Some of us are even rolling like thunder. But you are raging like a wildfire and lighting up our nights with something that burns. I think you should go and nourish somebody hazily :oprah3:

Just now, COCC said:

Everyone here is acting like an awkward, but sweet wildflower. Some of us are even rolling like thunder. But you are raging like a wildfire and lighting up our nights with something that burns. I think you should go and nourish somebody hazily :oprah3:

did u just... call me a... sweet wildflower? XRHcdS3.gif giphy.gif 

mUENGN9.png

6 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

did u just... call me a... sweet wildflower?

The official name of us stans should be wildflower, because we really are akwward and sweet :trisha:

52 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

especially since she's released a lot in the past year or so, multiple singles, her poetry book & it's accompanying audio-book, as well as chemtrails in march, yes, she is setting up the expectation for another upcoming album, but we can't act like she's abandoning the album or that she's lazy and doesn't care because she changes plans and she isn't 100% straight-forward, but she always comes through eventually and that is what matters the most, i don't mind her being low-key, and at the end of the day she still has plenty of music from past releases and hundreds of leaked songs, it's not like we can't appreciate her other music while we wait for this one

Thank you, thank you, thank you. She's already done more than enough honestly with the multiple singles, poetry book and Chemtrails. Anymore is just extra in my opinion. Really dont mind if the album is even released next year. & As you said there's also unreleased music. So we'll be fine. & I dont mind waiting. She'll have it whenever she's ready

I have a feeling she's only recently finished or is finishing the album, and I'd imagine her team would want to capitalize on vinyl since she doesn't do any traditional promo. The problem with that is the pressing plants are all backed up between 3-6 months, so depending on how quickly they can press vinyl, I'd imagine the album anywhere between November-February (if she finishes this month), with a single next month at the earliest, or October. Just my guess, though.

4 hours ago, Poor Stacy said:

I have a feeling she's only recently finished or is finishing the album, and I'd imagine her team would want to capitalize on vinyl since she doesn't do any traditional promo. The problem with that is the pressing plants are all backed up between 3-6 months, so depending on how quickly they can press vinyl, I'd imagine the album anywhere between November-February (if she finishes this month), with a single next month at the earliest, or October. Just my guess, though.

My thought is single late October and album some time early next year.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

also i would like to point out that i dont feel entitlement to anything lana does. just feeling like shes lost that spark she used to have where the albums used to be fully developed worlds rather than just an album. either way i’ll be happy but i was just pointing that out. 

Spoiler

as a side note i cannot believe that this is affecting y'all's actual mental health... i think thats a you problem :rip: