Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Me omw to Oklahoma to ask Lana when the snippet is being released in full

walking-strut.gif

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, shady said:

Look at Gaga, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Kesha

Rihanna is still interesting. If she announced an album, the whole world would stop.

She's just an entrepreneur instead of a singer right now

5 hours ago, COCC said:

Idk, I‘m still enjoying this pre-pre-release. Our gifs and jokes are on point :oprah3:

NOT TO TURN INTO A WILDFIRE

ea7.jpg

LB is the only salvation in this dry land of pre-release, honestly. The vibes of the album, so far, would have benefited from a quick release à la HM. But right now, there’s no interviews, no video so far, just a couple of IG photo dumps: this really is her most quiet era ever. 

10 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

1 month and 3 days since the snippet post :D

I only liked your post because I like you ? 

14 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

she said later later, which is an abstraction, so it remains a perpetual possibility only in a world of speculation

every time i log on the date changes lmfao

negAbhB.png

20 hours ago, LanaTheRay said:

Want Lana to surprise drop BB on Lorde’s release day to block her from number one so Lana can solidify her place as the Queen of Alternative and shut all the dirty Lorde stans up who have to audacity to give that devil witch from Snow White looking hoe the title

girl what.. :biblio: you think a surprise drop would outsell an album that’s had a preorder out for two months?? solar power will probs go #1, as it should ? 

I can't wait for Blue Banisters to be released. To play the first track, and hear gentle strings with a dreamy piano in the background, and all of sudden, Lana comes to sing "lilacs in my mind..." :flutter:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

5 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I think it would piss anyone off if to keep changing things all the time. Many people who follow Lana have MH issues and find comfort in her music. whether Lana likes it or not she has fans that worship her and her music is a huge part of their life.   So she at least owes people some respect and not to blurt out uncertain release dates which wind fans up.

also what is this….. lana is not your therapist :biblio: she did not sign up for that.. and therefore does not owe yall anything. music releases are not that deep… and she has hundreds of songs for yall to listen to while you wait…

2 hours ago, shady said:

I am saying this long time ago. She's not as charismatic as she used to be. She lost everything that made her stand out. It's not hateful to admit that. Look at Gaga, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Kesha etc. none of them are as interesting as they used to be. I'm still looking forward to her album but I don't have very high expectations because her older stuff always beats her newer stuff. People here who defend her probably became fans from BTD or UV. Would you feel the same about her if you discovered her in the COCC era? I highly doubt that. The passive agressive comments whenever someone brings this up is just denial. 

As for others, if Lana's career decisions affect your mental state maybe book a therapy session, find another hobby or expand your music taste. 

I think that's very subjective. For me Chemtrails is as interesting as BTD. She hasn't lost a bit of what made her stand out. She was always about the music and that's it. Look at Video Games, she isn't even in 80% of the MV and still made people tune in a be interested in her. All of the pre BTD MV are homemade ones cause she wanted to. If she had the budget to book studio time and record EPs, a whole album and the countless 2009-2011 songs, she had the budget to film standard videos but she didn't.

BTD was just the result of a label trying to market her. And don't get me wrong, they did it flawlessly, they combined Lana's great vision with a full team of professionals that made it come alive but I don't think simpler means uninteresting.

She said it herself "it's beautiful how this deep normality settles down over me"

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I think that's very subjective. For me Chemtrails is as interesting as BTD. She hasn't lost a bit of what made her stand out.

this! i know so many people think chemtrails was so underwhelming bc the era was practically dead but the music was so good, and tbh probably her most cohesive record yet 

(and tbh, probably an unpopular opinion, but i feel like the title track mv, lmlylaw live vid, and the interview mag vid was all we *really* needed out of this era. lowkey promo for a lowkey album)

31 minutes ago, brandon said:

also what is this….. lana is not your therapist :biblio: she did not sign up for that.. and therefore does not owe yall anything. music releases are not that deep… and she has hundreds of songs for yall to listen to while you wait…

‘sHe DoSn’t OwE Us aNythiNg wah wan wah’ same old bullshit I keep hearing on here and it’s tiring…Yes she does owe her fans, she owes them respect and to keep screwing us around is disrespect. It’s fine that she does not know a release date and is undecided on album titles, but to pretend like she knows, even let release dates roll by with no info is just rude and unprofessional.  You know what other artists do? They keep their mouth shut until they know a date and everything has a green light.   I think Lana owes us everything we’ve supported her all these years, her fan base has given her this success because the general public abandoned her after summertime sadness.  Otherwise she’d still be in dive bars and writing poetry nobody will ever read or hear.  I don’t think we ask for much, a little engagement a little transparency and clear communication. I appreciate not everyone finds music release a big deal, maybe it isn’t that deep no…but if you think about it it’s not that deep or hard for Lana to be more clear and respectful either. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

10 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I think that's very subjective. For me Chemtrails is as interesting as BTD. She hasn't lost a bit of what made her stand out. She was always about the music and that's it. Look at Video Games, she isn't even in 80% of the MV and still made people tune in a be interested in her. All of the pre BTD MV are homemade ones cause she wanted to. If she had the budget to book studio time and record EPs, a whole album and the countless 2009-2011 songs, she had the budget to film standard videos but she didn't.

BTD was just the result of a label trying to market her. And don't get me wrong, they did it flawlessly, they combined Lana's great vision with a full team of professionals that made it come alive but I don't think simpler means uninteresting.

She said it herself "it's beautiful how this deep normality settles down over me"

Well, we and a big portion of people here are more than average fans so a lot of people here love anything she puts out. Unfortunately, the majority of fans and casual listeners don't think the same. She is very popular here and from my observation, she is losing interest from her average fans and it's pretty sad but very real. Her listeners are often into alt and rock music so her switching to folk and purely piano ballads will push them away. Video games was fresh in that era but I feel like she became globally famous when the title track and SS were released. 

I know how BTD was made lol. They tried to push her like an outcast with the popular kids. I remember the cringe I felt when I found an old 2011 CD of pop hits where Video Games was between LMFAO and Flo Rida like :madge:. Who tf think it was a good idea to sneak an alt ballad with club hits?

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

‘sHe DoSn’t OwE Us aNythiNg wah wan wah’ same old bullshit I keep hearing on here and it’s tiring…Yes she does owe her fans, she owes them respect and to keep screwing us around is disrespect.

the thing is she doesn’t owe us anything. she’s

not responsible for your obsessive behavior while you’re just saying that her silence is lowkey emotional abuse. she released an album and three songs months ago and if you don’t want to listen to it because they’re ballads and folk (and not to mention good ballads and folk songs) then that’s your problem. everyone here but you has moved on so pls get off your high horse

3 hours ago, Super Movie said:

Me omw to Oklahoma to ask Lana when the snippet is being released in full

walking-strut.gif

then u get to oklahoma and realise she is still as charismatic as she used to be, still standing apart from all the rest, shining from both her words and beauty, and all u can mumble is: h-h-h-iiii l-lana!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

mUENGN9.png

8 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

then u get to oklahoma and realise she is still as charismatic as she used to be, still standing apart from all the rest, shining from both her words and beauty, and all u can mumble is: h-h-h-iiii l-lana!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

The way that you became the only sane person in here ❤

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

‘sHe DoSn’t OwE Us aNythiNg wah wan wah’ same old bullshit I keep hearing on here and it’s tiring…Yes she does owe her fans, she owes them respect and to keep screwing us around is disrespect. It’s fine that she does not know a release date and is undecided on album titles, but to pretend like she knows, even let release dates roll by with no info is just rude and unprofessional.  You know what other artists do? They keep their mouth shut until they know a date and everything has a green light.   I think Lana owes us everything we’ve supported her all these years, her fan base has given her this success because the general public abandoned her after summertime sadness.  Otherwise she’d still be in dive bars and writing poetry nobody will ever read or hear.  I don’t think we ask for much, a little engagement a little transparency and clear communication. I appreciate not everyone finds music release a big deal, maybe it isn’t that deep no…but if you think about it it’s not that deep or hard for Lana to be more clear and respectful either. 

girl-sure-jan.gif

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: