Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

16 minutes ago, Ziegfeld Follies said:

Mid August I'm sitting here thinking about those insta stories/posts she made alluding to her revenge, those past publications about her, announcing a specific date for Rock Candy Sweet ... and I'm left here wondering where that came from, what her motivations were?  She must have been sure in that moment it was going to happen that way.  Just seems so strange in retrospect.  was it cold feet? 

Not to sound like an armchair psychologist but it definitely looks like cold feet. She was probably extremely confident cause of NFR's praise both from the public and critics plus the grammy nomination. She thought that she would receive support for her statements and behavior last year but it was quite the opposite and I assume the backlash for the COCC aesthetic was the final nail in the coffin. Plus people these days bodyshame her whenever she's mentioned. I understand critiquing cultural appropriation, black face, racist jokes and Nazi symbolism but people are literally offended by cottage core and Lana was the scapegoat. I don't blame her for her lack of confidence, I remember reading comments on IG like "It's really hard to stan Lana these days". 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

5 minutes ago, shady said:

Not to sound like an armchair psychologist but it definitely looks like cold feet. She was probably extremely confident cause of NFR's praise both from the public and critics plus the grammy nomination. She thought that she would receive support for her statements and behavior last year but it was quite the opposite and I assume the backlash for the COCC aesthetic was the final nail in the coffin. Plus people these days bodyshame her whenever she's mentioned. I understand critiquing cultural appropriation, black face, racist jokes and Nazi symbolism but people are literally offended by cottage core and Lana was the scapegoat. I don't blame her for her lack of confidence, I remember reading comments on IG like "It's really hard to stan Lana these days". 

Why would cottage core be offensive??

11 minutes ago, shady said:

:crai:

this makes me so sad.

Not that I don't love the 3 singles and the Arcadia snippet because I love everything she does tbh, but they do feel tame in a way that chemtrails also was.  they are introspective and revealing of her life but not at all controversial or wild/strange.  And between her infamous Q4TC, Tropico throwbacks, mention of her wanting revenge, even recently highlighting her die young tattoo which to me throws back to that "scandal" of 'i wish i was dead already' etc etc etc, I feel like there's so much she wants to say, and it probably is wild.   whatever she was intending Rock Candy Sweet to be... I think that was some real Lana gold.  and it's uncertain that intention will ever see the light of day in the way she wanted and initially meant.  

1 hour ago, 13beachess said:

...and once again.... this thread is dry :suicide:

Well there’s so much we can talk about when the only new tidbit of info we got is the title of the next single, not even the release date nor the tracklist  :toofunny:  And the fact that the cover and album title are the ones she posted July 3. 

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Well there’s so much we can talk about when the only new tidbit of info we got is the title of the next single, not even the release date nor the tracklist  :toofunny:  And the fact that the cover and album title are the ones she posted July 3. 

I miss when we thought the album had been renamed Arcadia. Those were the days :noparty:

You know what they say... Like dry era, like dry-ass thread :defeated:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

16 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Why would cottage core be offensive??

Promoting white eurocentric lifestyle in the colonial era therefore it's racist although black people practice it and can pull it off and no one's excluding them. Just a bunch of white people being offended on someone's behalf. Same goes for light/dark academica, boooo white people glamorizing architecture and literature written by Europeans, the horror, the racism.:eyeroll: These idiots fail to realize that some European countries were never slavemadters and colonizers but still had those aesthetics.

If a trend was a mix of white, black and asian culture there would be still gatekeeping about who's allowed to wear it so it's a lose lose situation. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

22 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

I miss when we thought the album had been renamed Arcadia. Those were the days :noparty:

You know what they say... Like dry era, like dry-ass thread :defeated:

WHAT????? i completely missed that part :noparty::noparty::noparty:

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

1 hour ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

gonna get tired of the 3 songs before she even releases the album :twirls:

the further out the album is from them coming out makes me wonder if they're just there to bridge the gap between the albums like how Looking For America was between NFR and COCC. she could easily put other songs in their place and still have a really great album without them. don't get me wrong i love the new songs but they could be standalone singles and still belong on their own

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, shady said:

I don't think it's cold feet at all but much the opposite. She's gotten more and more cocky since NFR. like... it's kind of concerning in a way but at the end of the day, she's going to make the music she wants. and whether that's revenge music or another break up album or shitty relationship gone good album whatever it'll be, she's still over confident-- she's confident that her music will still be over streamed like she always is, her tours will still sell out like it always has, and her album will definitely be criticized. but if she thought about that and got cold feet, i think she'd have to stop making music period. she's a different person than she was in 2013 when stuff like Black Beauty leaked and she threatened to stop making music because she felt like she'd been invaded on privacy. i think she's changed direction for this album bc her relationship went to shit, they're no longer together and she's needing to vent again. she might've shelved the idea for a revenge album in lieu of a breakup sad girl shit album again

also keep in mind, she's the type of artist who doesn't stop creating. when one album releases, she already has started working on the next one. she's consistently had a track record of having an album done and working on another. it happened with AKA and BTD and Paradise, UV and HM, NFR and COCC, COCC and this album. she might be holding off that one until she feels it's necessary which could be after this album

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

40 minutes ago, The Siren said:

So to backtrack, where is the information relating to the rumour of Arcadia? I'm completely clueless

38 minutes ago, Hannus said:

WHAT????? i completely missed that part :noparty::noparty::noparty:

If you upload the snippet to YouTube, your video will automatically be demonetized, claiming it contains the copyrighted song ARCADIA by LDR. This is how we found out the title of the snippet. BoZ confirmed it also. About the whole album name being changed, it was speculation about what BoZ had said early July: to expect another name change, that the new snippet could be the title track. However, when we asked BoZ confirmation of the song’s title, he also confirmed the album was still called BB with the cover she posted early July. 

For me, I feel like I'm at a point in Lana's catalog where I'm completely satisfied and can wait for whenever she wants to put out Arcadia and the new record 

I just don't take all of the delays so personally anymore. The wait for Norman Fucking Rockwell felt like torture, and nothing could ever be worse than that imo :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Blue Banisters:bodyisready:

1. it's lizzy bitch (intro)

2. blue banisters

3. motel honey

4. america land of the free

5. god bless and take off - 6 trips to the moon (interlude)

6. back to olympus 

7. arcadia

8. thunder - when zeus comes crashing in

9. garden of eden - hey I'm christian again

10. coconut, palmtrees, bel air, california, daddy (interlude)

11. hollywood pianocore

12.wildflower wildfire

13. pink geramiuns

14. angelina

15. marijuana by the tropico

16. the baddest (interlude)

17. electric guitar theme

18. master of puppets

19. dealer 

20. queen of gas station

21. glamourous dangerous notorious famous and i'm crazy

22. tired of singing the blues (feat. nikki lane)

23. sunburn - bitch i lied 

24. unidentified flying bill (snippet)

25. question for the culture (interlude)

26. text book

27. i did something bad / so good (medley)

28. rock candy sweet 

29. nikki lane

30. boom like that

31. it's coming u little bitch

32. looking for russia

33. cumtraces on the gulak roof

34. partynauseous 

35. i want revenge (outro)

19 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

If you upload the snippet to YouTube, your video will automatically be demonetized, claiming it contains the copyrighted song ARCADIA by LDR. This is how we found out the title of the snippet. BoZ confirmed it also. About the whole album name being changed, it was speculation about what BoZ had said early July: to expect another name change, that the new snippet could be the title track. However, when we asked BoZ confirmation of the song’s title, he also confirmed the album was still called BB with the cover she posted early July. 

i can't believe i missed all that :oprah2::oprah2: thank you for informing me xx

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

2 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

Blue Banisters:bodyisready:

1. it's lizzy bitch (intro)

2. blue banisters

3. motel honey

4. america land of the free

5. god bless and take off - 6 trips to the moon (interlude)

6. back to olympus 

7. arcadia

8. thunder - when zeus comes crashing in

9. garden of eden - hey I'm christian again

10. coconut, palmtrees, bel air, california, daddy (interlude)

11. hollywood pianocore

12.wildflower wildfire

13. pink geramiuns

14. angelina

15. marijuana by the tropico

16. the baddest (interlude)

17. electric guitar theme

18. master of puppets

19. dealer 

20. queen of gas station

21. glamourous dangerous notorious famous and i'm crazy

22. tired of singing the blues (feat. nikki lane)

23. sunburn - bitch i lied 

24. unidentified flying bill (snippet)

25. question for the culture (interlude)

26. text book

27. i did something bad / so good (medley)

28. rock candy sweet 

29. nikki lane

30. boom like that

31. it's coming u little bitch

32. looking for russia

33. cumtraces on the gulak roof

34. partynauseous 

35. i want revenge (outro)

Where is Cherry Blossom -.-

Mmeow~

Ever since Lana announced the title of her new album ..as a non native English speaker..I wonder .. 

what exactly are banisters ? :D :D 

And why does their color matter? :D 

41 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

What snippet? :oopna: