Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Re: Recycling Old Material for an Album

I like to think of Lana’s entire work as a metaphor for a dwelling. Every album release is a room in the house, each with its own personality, aesthetic, and vibe. The things inside of the room (aka each track) can be from any given store, retailer, catalog, etc… In other words, the songs can be from any era but the key element is that they were purposefully chosen, and they ultimately work together to create a beautiful album. When you zoom out and look at the dwelling, it becomes a living repository - a meticulously crafted archive of who she is as an artist and as a person. 

This is so beautiful :defeated: 

2 hours ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

wish we could get bops like lolita, off to the races, diet mountain dew, cola again 

i feel the same way! those songs have such character to them and they’re all so unique and timeless — i feel like maybe lana may never go back in this direction because maybe she feels she’s matured out of that phase or era of her life and songwriting, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but sometimes i wish she would go back down the ~*character fantasy~* road in her music, whether it be a new direction or just paying a tribute to her past self :wub:

2 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Re: Recycling Old Material for an Album

I like to think of Lana’s entire work as a metaphor for a dwelling. Every album release is a room in the house, each with its own personality, aesthetic, and vibe. The things inside of the room (aka each track) can be from any given store, retailer, catalog, etc… In other words, the songs can be from any era but the key element is that they were purposefully chosen, and they ultimately work together to create a beautiful album. When you zoom out and look at the dwelling, it becomes a living repository - a meticulously crafted archive of who she is as an artist and as a person. 

2-CEEB2-D7-369-B-428-C-A0-D4-C9-F8-A6-D0

I had no idea our resident shitposter and class clown was so intelligent, eloquent and well-worded :trisha: you truly are a legend this is EVERYTHING

Wq9zHLl.jpg

This era is confusing. VERY.

* Last year, Lana announced Chemtrails for a Sept. release.

* Later on, she announced she would be dropping an American Standard & Classics for Christmas, as Chemtrails was ultimately delayed.

* Then, she announced on Twitter, that she was working on two albums at the same time + had the intention to release a collab album with Nikki Lane.

* We know she wasn't recording Chemtrails at that time, as the album had been finished months ago, back in 2020. The reason it was delayed, was the vinyl issue.

* The collab album was just a project that most likely never started. The AS&C was probably started, but for some reason, scrapped. 

* After releasing Chemtrails, she announced Rock Candy Sweet. When asked about it, by a fan, she said RCS was already finished and started working on the next album (this was also confirmed by Mike Dean, when said he was working with Lana, but wasn't sure his songs would be on RCS or the next) 

* RCS was renamed into BB. 

* BOZ spilled on ATRL, saying the album had (unleaked) outtakes AND unreleased songs from other eras. Then, confirmed she scrapped most of the OG concept and songs. 

* BB is renamed, according to BOZ.

* Lana teases Arcadia, and BOZ says he's not sure if the album was renamed back into BB.

* Now, BB has unleaked/unreleased songs AGAIN. Meaning that the songs Lana wrote for this album, were scrapped ONCE AGAIN.

I wonder what happened? Did she think these new songs were TOO personal for her to release them? Or is she saving them for the next album? 

If anything, this only adds more songs to the list of songs we might never hear (or might leak someday) :toofloppy:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

sometimes we should think why particular song was not released or scrapped... maybe she was not ready to release these songs when she recorded it.. it's her life guys, her story... it's not some kind of fiction that she makes up and puts out. maybe now she thinks that these songs are part of the big story she wants to tell NOW! and I don't see problem with that:oprah3:

2 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

* Later on, she announced she would be dropping an American Standard & Classics for Christmas, as Chemtrails was ultimately delayed.

* Then, she announced on Twitter, that she was working on two albums at the same time + had the intention to release a collab album with Nikki Lane.

* We know she wasn't recording Chemtrails at that time, as the album had been finished months ago, back in 2020. The reason it was delayed, was the vinyl issue.

* The collab album was just a project that most likely never started. The AS&C was probably started, but for some reason, scrapped. 

* After releasing Chemtrails, she announced Rock Candy Sweet. When asked about it, by a fan, she said RCS was already finished and started working on the next album (this was also confirmed by Mike Dean, when said he was working with Lana, but wasn't sure his songs would be on RCS or the next) 

* BOZ spilled on ATRL, saying the album had (unleaked) outtakes AND unreleased songs from other eras. Then, confirmed she scrapped most of the OG concept and songs. 

* Lana teases Arcadia, and BOZ says he's not sure if the album was renamed back into BB.

* Now, BB has unleaked/unreleased songs AGAIN. Meaning that the songs Lana wrote for this album, were scrapped ONCE AGAIN.

I wonder what happened? Did she think these new songs were TOO personal for her to release them? Or is she saving them for the next album? 

If anything, this only adds more songs to the list of songs we might never hear (or might leak someday) :toofloppy:

I wonder if these scrapped songs are gonna appear in her unreleased songs compilation album ?

8 minutes ago, DCooper said:

This is so beautiful :defeated: 

7 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

I had no idea our resident shitposter and class clown was so intelligent, eloquent and well-worded :trisha: you truly are a legend this is EVERYTHING

You guysssssss :defeated:love u both

BDA2-B8-CD-CA1-C-4-E78-A850-1-AB7-A48296

7 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Fuck she’s so hot :icant:

mUENGN9.png

Thinking clearly, Chemtrails wasn't a bad album at all. I just think the placement of the tracklist is... weird.

We start off with some really powerful songs. White Dress is an amazing opener, and then we have songs like the title track, Tulsa and Dark. But then, the rest of the songs were too mellow. It went from 100% to a 10% real quick and it felt like we never quite reached the climax. 

I complain about Banisters having only piano, but even if they're ballads, it can be a beautiful album. If the tracklist placement is well done (with songs transitioning onto each other, etc) then it might be a great work :creep:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

6 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I don't think the outtakes are new additions. Maybe boz didn't know that they were meant for other albums or he just didn't want to tell us. I don't think she would change the tracklist a 3rd time cause the album couldn't be coming this year

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, be sweet said:

she's so genius for this tbh honestly cannot wait

if by genius you mean lazy and without the slightest plan nor idea for this album yes, definitely 

2 hours ago, DLT said:

Excited for the album and glad to finally be getting some fucking information! 

Regardless of others opinions I am still hyped. Lana has never really disappointed me so I’m still living. 

The whole negativity with “ballads” is so tiring lol. Lana is not the same woman she used to be. It’s to be expected. Expecting “bangers” is setting oneself up for disappointment lol. That said I am hoping they are more interesting and developed. The three singles that have been released are great indication that we are in for something special. That’s just my opinion though. Just to add further to my opinion, Blue Banisters is the ONE lol!

Also the negativity that surrounds outtakes is understandable to an extent but also over exaggerated lol. Especially if they are outtakes we have not heard. Reused songs are to be expected. Lana has proven to be very prolific and it would make sense that she would find a space or want to revisit tracks that previously didn’t fit somewhere. She has a very large catalog to pull from. It just seems so tired bc so much of her stuff gets leaked lol. 

Anyways I am ready lol! Still excited. Just wish she would start talking herself. I can patiently wait a few more weeks but it is time mam, let’s go lol!

Someone please pin this fucking post or make it an official banner.

Like if ballads aint your thing, just sit this one out, no need to come in here and tell us everyday how you think it's going to be boring :willcut:

1 minute ago, gsnlp said:

So she posted about not wanting her demos to be released because they were not intentioned to be known by the world but she has an upcoming album full of outtakes? 

Well maybe now she intends for the world to hear them, not have them leaked 

I don’t mind having outtakes never heard by anyone in the new album because they are technically new songs and also they can be very interesting and not so stripped down like her most recent work. But, if this means she’s not creatively inspired it can be the end of us lmao

0YnL0Kf.gif

2 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

So she posted about not wanting her demos to be released because they were not intentioned to be known by the world but she has an upcoming album full of outtakes? 

Cause this time she is the one actually choosing and releasing the songs she wants to. I swear is not that hard to understand.

It really feels like some of y'all just want to spread negativity and complain.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Cause this time she is the one actually choosing and releasing the songs she wants to. I swear is not that hard to understand.

It really feels like some of y'all just want to spread negativity and complain.

I was being sarcastic

0YnL0Kf.gif

I just wish she would re-record the songs if they are outtakes from another era. I don’t want recordings spanning 10 years on one album lol. So I hope if it is a bunch of outtakes that they are re-recorded and produced with her voice today. 

(I’m sure BOZ or eclipse might know this one way or the other so if anyone wants to muster the energy to ask them feel free)