Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Not sure if I want the same CB..or reworked..

imagine violins and harps...or ambient sounds like birds chirping.. :(

CB is so comforting ahhhhh..

Esp when you're sad ...

THERES SO MUCH TO LEARN

SO MUCH TO SEEEE

So dont give up yet!

So summary about tracklist 

CONFIRMED:

- Wildflower Wildfire 

- Text Book 

- Blue Banisters 

- Arcadia

- Cherry Blossom 

- Thunder

- Barrie "collab"

POSSIBLE:

- I Talk To Jesus 

- Wild One

- Color Blue

- Living Legend

- Dealer

11 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Yeah some of that I agree with, but if I were an artist I’d definitely not release a new album with songs people have already heard regardless of how they’ve heard them. It would be better to do an unreleased album as she suggested years ago.  So it’s not her fault no, but it’s still a poor idea and misjudgment on her part. The name changes are still a shambles in my eyes, like I’ve said before she shouldn’t have mentioned them but it is what it is..this is how Lana operates random, chaotic and indecisive.

Personally I’d not turn this on to fans being disrespectful,  If I didn’t know anything about the album from insiders I’d still criticise the leaked songs being on the album so it’s all irrelevant really.  I know it’s disheartening when artists you love get criticised and some of it may seem unfair but it would also be boring if everyone said they love everything and praised her endlessly.  With any musician it’s just the norm that info get’s leaked and people have opinions about it. 

And, as I said yesterday, some of the leaked tracks were leaked by Lana herself—that’s been my understanding for a long time, though I have no hard proof. And I don’t refer to definite album tracks like ‘Black Beauty,’ but songs like ‘Fine China,’ which leaked on Christmas Day about 4 years ago. 

8 hours ago, littleredpartydress said:

Could she even release I can fly? I’m sure the movie production company owns rights to that song in some way unless they expire after some period of time

Not me thinking I Can Fly is The Man I Love :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

And, as I said yesterday, some of the leaked tracks were leaked by Lana herself—that’s been my understanding for a long time, though I have no hard proof. And I don’t refer to definite album tracks like ‘Black Beauty,’ but songs like ‘Fine China,’ which leaked on Christmas Day about 4 years ago. 

maybe so but it would still only be a very small number out of the hundreds that have leaked without her authorisation

mUENGN9.png

21 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Yeah some of that I agree with, but if I were an artist I’d definitely not release a new album with songs people have already heard regardless of how they’ve heard them. It would be better to do an unreleased album as she suggested years ago.  So it’s not her fault no, but it’s still a poor idea and misjudgment on her part. The name changes are still a shambles in my eyes, like I’ve said before she shouldn’t have mentioned them but it is what it is..this is how Lana operates random, chaotic and indecisive.

Personally I’d not turn this on to fans being disrespectful,  If I didn’t know anything about the album from insiders I’d still criticise the leaked songs being on the album so it’s all irrelevant really.  I know it’s disheartening when artists you love get criticised and some of it may seem unfair but it would also be boring if everyone said they love everything and praised her endlessly.  With any musician it’s just the norm that info get’s leaked and people have opinions about it. 

It’s her narrative. She gets to choose how she gets to present, modulate and live it. 

I for one can’t imagine how it feels like to have a good chunk of your output out there without you being able to control how and when it leaked. For her to be repurposing songs from her past with the clear intention to reclaim her narrative and delve into her past and present, it’s nothing short of spectacular. The least we could do is show some respect. We are a very invasive fandom. Abrasive even, at times.

We have no idea what other titles Taylor Swift thought of before coming up with Folklore. We have no idea if there was any back and forth in the tracklist of Abel’s After Hours. Did Ariana use any of her old demos to repurpose it/them into something that makes much more sense in the life she’s leading right now and gets to blossom in a full circle musically speaking? I personally have no clue. But we know most of these things when it comes to Lana and 90% of them are facts she never indeed shared with us/the world. For us to throw a fit over unreleased tracks that shouldn’t ever be released without her permission is incredibly arrogant. She’s been violated as an artist plenty of times. Let her take authority over her narrative the way she wishes to.

This isn’t to say she hasn’t been kinda unprofessional and irresponsible. The Rock Candy Sweet announcement, the release dates that never happened, the postponements… All of that was unnecessary and immature. However I’ll draw the line at seeing her fans criticizing her for tracklist back and forths or decisions to include tracks from years ago. That’s her decision as an artist. It’s her process, not ours. Period.

IMG-7960.jpg

Just now, Sportscruiser said:

I’ll give you the multiple release dates and the album title change but the rest is a reach.

Everything you know about this record is because you have access to insider infos, you browse LB/ATRL regularly (I suppose) and you benefit from something Lana has never wanted which is a major breach into her music collection that she never authorized/had control over.

It’s not her fault you know the album’s name once was Arcadia. It’s not her fault you know her unreleased tracks by heart when she had nothing to do with releasing them in the first place. It’s not her fault you have access to what tracks she might have scrapped/included. Remove all of that and all you get is a mishandling of the album release date and the change from Rock Candy Sweet on one hand BUT three released singles + an amazing album artwork + the title Blue Banisters set in stone from her behalf. The rest is something you shouldn’t have known in the first place. To use that info to criticize her is kinda disheartening and disrespectful as well.

I hope to see you raving the album to high heavens in a couple months or at least provide an opinion that isn’t biased by something she’s not even controlling.

This is kinda confusing for me. So, we're in a forum where we all form our opinions on her music and artistic behaviour from the info we get (be it insiders, leaks, herself or whatever) but it is wrong if I form an opinion once we have the info -which, by the way, I dont get to decide how gets to us- just because that opinion is quite critical regarding Lana's ways to make this last album?

If your complain is about the leaks, the insiders and all of the unofficial sources that inform the discussion here, I'd recommend you to go and work for them to dissapear, or anything else. Go argue with people who's asking for leaks or for insider's info (which I dont happen to do, none of that). As long as I have zero to do with security fails on industry music, I will proceed to keep respectfully participating on the dialogue here, as any other member from the forum does, building a point of view towards the info we get as long as we get it, as any other member from the forum does.

And about "raving the album to heavens" or not, be sure I'll be as critical as I want towards it once it comes out, no matter how "biased" you think my perspective may be. 

1 minute ago, CinnamonGay said:

@Sportscruiser KING.

I stan you sir.

I’m a writer-director myself and I can’t fathom a scenario where any of my work gets put out there without my permission. It must be horrible.

For her to get a hold of the situation by deciding to release a small bit of what was leaked in the way she wants to, is very brave. In my opinion of course.

IMG-7960.jpg

2 minutes ago, sjatib said:

This is kinda confusing for me. So, we're in a forum where we all form our opinions on her music and artistic behaviour from the info we get (be it insiders, leaks, herself or whatever) but it is wrong if I form an opinion once we have the info -which, by the way, I dont get to decide how gets to us- just because that opinion is quite critical regarding Lana's ways to make this last album?

If your complain is about the leaks, the insiders and all of the unofficial sources that inform the discussion here, I'd recommend you to go and work for them to dissapear, or anything else. Go argue with people who's asking for leaks or for insider's info (which I dont happen to do, none of that). As long as I have zero to do with security fails on industry music, I will proceed to keep respectfully participating on the dialogue here, as any other member from the forum does, building a point of view towards the info we get as long as we get it, as any other member from the forum does.

And about "raving the album to heavens" or not, be sure I'll be as critical as I want towards it once it comes out, no matter how "biased" you think my perspective may be. 

What are you criticizing exactly? When it comes to the ways she’s creating this album?

IMG-7960.jpg

28 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

Wait. I Can Fly wouldn't make sense tho, it's already been released and used for a soundtrack. Why would she re-release and already released song to be featured on an album?

out of everything she's ever released/left unreleased this would make sense the less :scoff:

Spoiler

besides not officially releasing Fine China because we need it, I truly believe it would bring world peace

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

Just now, Sportscruiser said:

What are you criticizing exactly? When it comes to the ways she’s creating this album?

Already explained it in a post a few hours ago. The one you quoted first, I guess.

Anyway, obviously coming from very different places reacting to how she's dealing with the album's process. And that's fine as long as trying to invalidate the other's perspective just by sheer arbitrariness is out of the debate.

11 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

It’s her narrative. She gets to choose how she gets to present, modulate and live it. 

I for one can’t imagine how it feels like to have a good chunk of your output out there without you being able to control how and when it leaked. For her to be repurposing songs from her past with the clear intention to reclaim her narrative and delve into her past and present, it’s nothing short of spectacular. The least we could do is show some respect. We are a very invasive fandom. Abrasive even, at times.

We have no idea what other titles Taylor Swift thought of before coming up with Folklore. We have no idea if there was any back and forth in the tracklist of Abel’s After Hours. Did Ariana use any of her old demos to repurpose it/them into something that makes much more sense in the life she’s leading right now and gets to blossom in a full circle musically speaking? I personally have no clue. But we know most of these things when it comes to Lana and 90% of them are facts she never indeed shared with us/the world. For us to throw a fit over unreleased tracks that shouldn’t ever be released without her permission is incredibly arrogant. She’s been violated as an artist plenty of times. Let her take authority over her narrative the way she wishes to.

This isn’t to say she hasn’t been kinda unprofessional and irresponsible. The Rock Candy Sweet announcement, the release dates that never happened, the postponements… All of that was unnecessary and immature. However I’ll draw the line at seeing her fans criticizing her for tracklist back and forths or decisions to include tracks from years ago. That’s her decision as an artist. It’s her process, not ours. Period.

"I'm writing my own story. And no one can tell it but me." - Lana Del Rey

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

6 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

I think scrapping Fine China was a mistake. This song fits the album better than Cherry Blossom actually. We'll see... Maybe deluxe? :/

CB is a lullaby for Chucks bby I think. ..

Fine China..soty had she released it.. 100 score metacritic